Discussion Power Rank the Akatsuki

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I doubt Domu would do be any difference once the 6th Gate comes out. You factor in Asakujaku, fast enough to ignite the air, and Kakuzu's getting roasted with limited Domu mobility.
Portrayal definitely favours Kakuzu > Kisame.
But it doesn't. This is how Kishi refers to Kisame Hoshigaki, like a Bijuu putting out Jinchuuriki like power. This comes less than ten chapters after Kishi put those who could control a Bijuu's power, including two Perfect Jinchuuriki in the mix. If you want to look at feats, you have Kakashi who is still recovering from his last battle with Akatsuki taking on Hidan + Kakuzu for a period and coming out unscathed, intercepting Kakuzu's next attack with ease. Under other circumstances, such as single combat, Kakashi would've of been half as winded, not wasting 2 Raikiri out of the 4 he performed due to Hidan and later saving the Chuunin.

If this wasn't enough, Yamato directly compares his strength to Itachi, implying that the other Akatsuki he encountered wouldn't fit the bill.

Kakuzu has no favorable portrayal here. Including the War Arc drags him down even further. And if you want to get into feats, Kisame eats him alive.

I doubt Domu would do be any difference once the 6th Gate comes out. You factor in Asakujaku, fast enough to ignite the air, and Kakuzu's getting roasted with limited Domu mobility.

But it doesn't. This is how Kishi refers to Kisame Hoshigaki, like a Bijuu putting out Jinchuuriki like power. This comes less than ten chapters after Kishi put those who could control a Bijuu's power, including two Perfect Jinchuuriki in the mix. If you want to look at feats, you have Kakashi who is still recovering from his last battle with Akatsuki taking on Hidan + Kakuzu for a period and coming out unscathed, intercepting Kakuzu's next attack with ease. Under other circumstances, such as single combat, Kakashi would've of been half as winded, not wasting 2 Raikiri out of the 4 he performed due to Hidan and later saving the Chuunin.

If this wasn't enough, Yamato directly compares his strength to Itachi, implying that the other Akatsuki he encountered wouldn't fit the bill.

Kakuzu has no favorable portrayal here. Including the War Arc drags him down even further. And if you want to get into feats, Kisame eats him alive.
Yamato’s line about him being powerful enough to be paired with Itachi is interesting. This would imply that Kakuzu was close in strength to Hidan.

I wouldn’t take the War Arc showings too seriously. It made Sasori and Deidara look like jonin level scrubs

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Yamato’s line about him being powerful enough to be paired with Itachi is interesting. This would imply that Kakuzu was close in strength to Hidan.

I wouldn’t take the War Arc showings too seriously. It made Sasori and Deidara look like jonin level scrubs
Well, we know Hidan was only partnered with Kakuzu because no other previous partner could endure Kakuzu's rage. So, in a way, yes.

I think the War Arc feats should be. Kankuro surpassed Sasori as a puppettier in that arc, Kishi made that abundantly clear. Deidara's a weird exception because his jutsu would literally solo battlefields. Even C1 would decimate the allied forces.

Well, we know Hidan was only partnered with Kakuzu because no other previous partner could endure Kakuzu's rage. So, in a way, yes.

I think the War Arc feats should be. Kankuro surpassed Sasori as a puppettier in that arc, Kishi made that abundantly clear. Deidara's a weird exception because his jutsu would literally solo battlefields. Even C1 would decimate the allied forces.
Wouldn’t take make Kankuro high Kage level?

Deidara got played by Sai and Omoi lmao.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Wouldn’t take make Kankuro high Kage level?

Deidara got played by Sai and Omoi lmao.
:kayneshrug: His skills > Sasori's. Maybe the quality of puppets could make a difference, but that would mean at parity, Kankuro always wins. I have Sasori as a Mid Kage, so that's probably where Kankuro would go, taking Kishi seriously on this one.

Lmao, he did. Poor showing but speed has always been his adversary.

Which version of Obito? I'll assume non-Juubi
1. Obito Uchiha (with no counter to Kamui - either version, Rinnegan moreso)
2. Nagato Uzumaki
3. Itachi Uchiha
4. Obito Uchiha (with counter to Kamui, Rinnegan)
5. Kisame Hoshigaki
6. Kakuzu
7. Orochimaru
8. Konan
9. Sasori
10. Deidara
11. Juzo Biwa
12. Obito Uchiha (with counter to Kamui, non-Rinnegan)
13. Black Zetsu
14. Hidan
15. White Zetsu

If we're talking about all versions of Akatsuki, Yahiko is between Hidan and White Zetsu, Shin (adult) is between Konan and Orochimaru

I

Inspector_Mu

1. Obito
2. Nagato
3. Pain
4. Itachi
5. Orochimaru
6. Kisame
7. Konan
8. Sasori
9. Kakuzu
10 Deidara
11. Hidan
12. Zetsu

I've no idea how people rank Obito above Nagato. The guy flat out states Nagato to be invincible, and Konan does the same in his presence. Unless Juubito is what's being referenced here (which makes no sense), Nagato is clearly portrayed above pre-Jubi Obito.

1). Nagato
2). Obito
3). Itachi
4). Konan

5,6,7,8 is debatable between Kakuzu, Deidara, Kisame and Sasori.

9). Zetsu
10. Hidan

I've no idea how people rank Obito above Nagato. The guy flat out states Nagato to be invincible, and Konan does the same in his presence. Unless Juubito is what's being referenced here (which makes no sense), Nagato is clearly portrayed above pre-Jubi Obito.
Lol.

MS Obito was holding against Perfect Jin Naruto, WA masters (and Kakashi have the other Kamui, the perfect counter)+Killer Bee so a stronger team than the one against Nagato (Naruto+Bee+Itachi. And Naruto during Nagato fight was weaker than the one against Obito, he wasn't perfect Jin of Kyuubi against Nagato. And I doubt Itachi trash the WA masters).

And no Obito wasn't using the Rinnegan at all during this battle (chapter 595 to 598). No Rinnegan jutsu, he was just protecting the Mazo which was evolving and did not affect the fight.

Explain how Nagato touch Obito and bypass his Kamui. Naruto team failed to that despite Naruto top speed (it was only thank to Kakashi Kamui).

I don't even talk about Izanagi that Nagato doesn't know (since Konan was unaware of Izanagi existence).

Obito is the main antagonist of the serie, the one that manipulated Nagato (he admitted Pain was invincible or it was Konan ? He admitted Nagato was stronger than him ?), the one (at 14 years) that pushed Minato to seal Kyuubi in Naruto (genesis of the manga)...

Just because he lost an arm against Torune and his special ability (which didn't bother Obito in the least. He still one shot) or Konan pushed him to use Izanagi (because she had prepared in advance the perfect anti-Kamui trap) doesn't mean he's below Nagato (crippled Nagato).

And I'm nice. I will admit that there is a fight between MS Obito and Nagato but Rinnegan Obito with the unleashed Mazo...lol It's rare on forums seeing someone putting Nagato above Rinnegan Obito.

PS:

Why is Konan so high in your ranking?

Is it because of her anti-Kamui trap that requires time to prepare? Can she use it in neutral combat?

Without the trap, she's no better than a Deidara. Even weaker. Base Jiraya one shot her.

1. Tobidara
2. Pein
3. Itachi

4. Orochimaru
5. Kisame
6. Sasori
7. Kakuzu
8. Deidara

9. Konan
10. Hidan
11. Zetsu

That's how I'd rank them powerwise, not indicating that a lower position won't be able to defeat a higher-up due to match-up.
The only arguable cases are Konan and Deidara, considering Konan's Shikigami no Mai might be easy to counter or completely broken, and Deidara's C4 is pretty haxx and highly debatable against different opponents.

Jiihad

RIP Toriyama

1). Nagato
2). Obito
3). Itachi
4). Konan

5,6,7,8 is debatable between Kakuzu, Deidara, Kisame and Sasori.

9). Zetsu
10. Hidan
I’ve never in my life seen Konan wank, I didn’t even know it existed lol. What’s tha reasoning bruss

I was rereading the topic and I saw some discussions about Sasori

So at worst from this statement, Sasori is only a little stronger, and eventhen judging by the context, he may have said that to draw Kakashi's attention away to handle Naruto alone. Considering he knew of Sasori's heart weakness and that he had a trumpcard he only wanted to use as a last ressort against Itachi, it makes that statement even more suspicious.
There is few translations:

So even if it's ambigous. Sasori still has better portrayal than Deidara:

Sasori captured/defeated a stronger Kazekage than Deidara.
Despite his arrogant attitude, Deidara refers to Sasori as "Master," which backs up his earlier claim of inferiority.
Sasori has the hype of defeating an entire nation.

And Deidara admitted inferiority (!?)

he had a trumpcard he only wanted to use as a last ressort against Itachi
Trumpcard=C4 Karura and that jutsu doesn't work against Sasori since he is a puppet that doesn't breath.

Iron Sand could block all of Deidara's explosives except for C0 (draw if Deidara uses that). Gaara's sand blocked C3 and Iron Sand was stated to be superior (Satetsu is the ultimate weapons of the strongest Kazekage, Sasori's tool).

Sasori's puppets can fly, which reduces Deidara's ability to keep distance, and lets Sasori reach Deidara while he's airborne.

Iron Sand projectiles could also snipe Deidara out of the sky with their speed, and one scratch is all it takes for Sasori to win. Satetsu Kaihō is just one shot.

And if Sasori is going to land a hit/scratch (from any weapon) on Deidara; then, it's over with poison. Sasori has the offensive capabilities to threaten a flying Deidara and the defensive capabilities to block his explosions. Sasori is clearly the superior of the two (except for the speed of his bird, Deidara has nothing defensively).

Sasori has very good feats (it's not pathetic at all), it's just that he has a less destructive fighting style than Deidara. If he loses against Sakura/Chiyo it is because he let Chiyo take the last blow as you said, because Sakura had several antidotes and because Chiyo has infinite experience in Kugutsu and she knows Sasori very well (I would even add that fighting in a cave with a closed ceiling, prevents the puppet of the third to express herself at full power. Sasori could use the Satetsu to steal himself).

I would also add that we are far from having seen all his arsenal: he has 298 puppets, we saw just over 100 of them, and he also has unused rolls.

Just out of curiosity, why do people rank Sasori over Kakuzu?

I dont remember Naruto much. As far as I remember, Kakuzu was beating Kakashi and Sasori lost against that old lady. Is it because Sasori killed a kazekage?
Killed strongest Kazekage when he was a teen. Used that Kazekage in fight, all his weapons are imbibed by mortal poison... And he let Chiyo kill him,
Chiyo who knows everything about himself and has an infinite experience. Add to that Sakura, his strength and those antidotes.

And Chiyo is far from being weak, she is at least low Kage level.

Kakuzu is weaker. He is tough with his hearts, experienced and uses basic elementary attacks.
I don't think it's as good as Sasori (in fight, Iron Sand can block all Kakuzu attacks). Also, Kakuzu surviving Hashirama doesn't prove anything. We all know that Shodaime can zero diff Kakuzu. IMO he must have spared Kakuzu because of Shodaime's kindness.

Alongside Kisame and Deidara, Kakuzu represent mid Akatsuki level (mid Kage). Sasori is above that. He is more like an Orochimaru without ET (was his teammate, and I find a lot of similarity between them). IMHO Sasori is between the mid Akatsuki level and the Dojutsu trio. He is underestimated because his fighting style is not flashy like Deidara's, because he died first at the very beginning of Shippuden and against Sakura/Chiyo.

The only true difficulty for Sasori in a fight against Kakuzu will be to destroy the doton heart.

Hidan is so under-rated.
Hidan is dumb, the slowest of Akatsuki in attack

He only showed his ritual (not necessarily obvious to set up 1 vs 1). Too bad with his immortality and his god Jashin, there was potential.

I was rereading the topic and I saw some discussions about Sasori

There is few translations:

So even if it's ambigous. Sasori still has better portrayal than Deidara:

Sasori captured/defeated a stronger Kazekage than Deidara.
Despite his arrogant attitude, Deidara refers to Sasori as "Master," which backs up his earlier claim of inferiority.
Sasori has the hype of defeating an entire nation.

And Deidara admitted inferiority (!?)

Trumpcard=C4 Karura and that jutsu doesn't work against Sasori since he is a puppet that doesn't breath.

Iron Sand could block all of Deidara's explosives except for C0 (draw if Deidara uses that). Gaara's sand blocked C3 and Iron Sand was stated to be superior (Satetsu is the ultimate weapons of the strongest Kazekage, Sasori's tool).

Sasori's puppets can fly, which reduces Deidara's ability to keep distance, and lets Sasori reach Deidara while he's airborne.

Iron Sand projectiles could also snipe Deidara out of the sky with their speed, and one scratch is all it takes for Sasori to win. Satetsu Kaihō is just one shot.

And if Sasori is going to land a hit/scratch (from any weapon) on Deidara; then, it's over with poison. Sasori has the offensive capabilities to threaten a flying Deidara and the defensive capabilities to block his explosions. Sasori is clearly the superior of the two (except for the speed of his bird, Deidara has nothing defensively).

Sasori has very good feats (it's not pathetic at all), it's just that he has a less destructive fighting style than Deidara. If he loses against Sakura/Chiyo it is because he let Chiyo take the last blow as you said, because Sakura had several antidotes and because Chiyo has infinite experience in Kugutsu and she knows Sasori very well (I would even add that fighting in a cave with a closed ceiling, prevents the puppet of the third to express herself at full power. Sasori could use the Satetsu to steal himself).

I would also add that we are far from having seen all his arsenal: he has 298 puppets, we saw just over 100 of them, and he also has unused rolls.

Killed strongest Kazekage when he was a teen. Used that Kazekage in fight, all his weapons are imbibed by mortal poison... And he let Chiyo kill him,
Chiyo who knows everything about himself and has an infinite experience. Add to that Sakura, his strength and those antidotes.

And Chiyo is far from being weak, she is at least low Kage level.

Kakuzu is weaker. He is tough with his hearts, experienced and uses basic elementary attacks.
I don't think it's as good as Sasori (in fight, Iron Sand can block all Kakuzu attacks). Also, Kakuzu surviving Hashirama doesn't prove anything. We all know that Shodaime can zero diff Kakuzu. IMO he must have spared Kakuzu because of Shodaime's kindness.

Alongside Kisame and Deidara, Kakuzu represent mid Akatsuki level (mid Kage). Sasori is above that. He is more like an Orochimaru without ET (was his teammate, and I find a lot of similarity between them). IMHO Sasori is between the mid Akatsuki level and the Dojutsu trio. He is underestimated because his fighting style is not flashy like Deidara's, because he died first at the very beginning of Shippuden and against Sakura/Chiyo.

The only true difficulty for Sasori in a fight against Kakuzu will be to destroy the doton heart.

Hidan is dumb, the slowest of Akatsuki in attack

He only showed his ritual (not necessarily obvious to set up 1 vs 1). Too bad with his immortality and his god Jashin, there was potential.
Deidara's feats stomp Sasori's though, you're not going to take into account Deidara merely trying to get Kakashi to leave in your "portrayal" argument??

Nah, there's not really good cause to disregard that portrayal. Deidara's inferiority to Sasori is pretty consistent portrayal wise.
Except I'm TELLING you that Deidara's feats beat Sasori. But enlighten me on how he was portrayed as below barring that statement that held double-meaning.