Akai2

πŸ†‰πŸ…ΎπŸ†πŸ…Ύ πŸ†ƒπŸ…ΎπŸ…Ύ πŸ†‚πŸ†ƒπŸ†πŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…Ί!
β€Ž
#notmyOniwaban.

Izo's thought process must've been fun. Originally joined Whitebeard because he was that committed to Oden, but then eventually decided to join Newgate. If I'm to venture a guess, it's probably because he and Kiku had their family ripped apart when his father was arrested.

He was starved for an older male figure. And unlike Oden, Whitebeard considered all his male crewmate's his sons, and that's probably what Izo was really looking for. Would also explain why Kiku developed such an attachment for Kin'emon.
I like the reasoning behind Izo's attachment to WB. It fits from WB's perspective as well since we knew he wanted a family as he grew up an orphan. So he probably sympathizes with Izo's loss of his father.

Akai2

β€Ž
Three more chapters and we can finally meet the Numbers. I wonder if their "size" was some optical illusion; they're clearly in their Zoan forms.
Of all the twists in Wano, the numbers seem to be the most out of the blue development. It'll be interesting to see if they're a new race or a variation of an already know one.

Also I think the flashback will probably last more than 3 chapters given how much information it's supposed to further cover. Maybe 4-5 more.

Of all the twists in Wano, the numbers seem to be the most out of the blue development. It'll be interesting to see if they're a new race or a variation of an already know race.

Also I think the flashback will probably last more than 3 chapters given how much information it's supposed to further cover. Maybe 4-5 more.
Law's and Noland's were 8 chapters.
Post automatically merged:

Of all the twists in Wano, the numbers seem to be the most out of the blue development. It'll be interesting to see if they're a new race or a variation of an already know one.
I think the Numbers are the missing link of the Beasts Pirates. They'll be opponents for the other Straw Hats.

Akai2

β€Ž
So we can expect a manga volume of black pages?
No the first half of it will be in the end of Volume 95 and the rest will be the beginning of Volume 96. So it'll be spread over 2 volumes with the story returning to current timeline in Volume 96.

As for it's length, the editor said this flashback will cover some of Roger's adventure. Add that to WB's adventure, meeting Toki, reaching Laugh Tale, returning to Wano, fighting Kaido and Oden's death, you can see how much denser in content it'll be compared to Law's and Noland's stories.

Akai2

β€Ž
Well damn, Oden's story is longer than I thought it'd be. It's not a bad thing.
The raid on onigashima has been set up since Law first told Luffy about his plan on Punk Hazard. That's almost 8 years of build up, so I know most of us can't wait to get there. But I don't see this flashback as an "obstacle" to get to the "good stuff" per se. Oden's story is still important from a plot and emotional perspective.

The raid on onigashima has been set up since Law first told Luffy about his plan on Punk Hazard. That's almost 8 years of build up, so I know most of us can't wait to get there. But I don't see this flashback as an "obstacle" to get to the "good stuff" per se. Oden's story is still important from a plot and emotional perspective.
It's not that I "dislike" the Oden stuff just prefer to binge read volumes over reading weekly: you enjoy the arcs the way they're meant to be enjoyed.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
β€Ž
Well damn, Oden's story is longer than I thought it'd be. It's not a bad thing.
I agree. I expect some key info about Roger's last voyage, Toki and whether she's connected to the void century, and the secrets Wano holds Sengoku mentioned. This isn't even considering how intense and dramatic Orochi and Kaido's coup will be depicted, or even small tidbits on how Moriah stole Ryuma's corpse and Shusui, and how exactly that had an adverse effect on the country.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
β€Ž
First, he didn't even settle his score with Shanks meaning whenever they fought it was either a stalemate or both have equal number of wins.
Where was it mentioned they had a score to settle?

Second, when Oden travelled with Roger Shanks was a cabin boy/apprentice and by extension Mihawk nothing more than weakling compared to Oden.
Mihawk is older than Shanks, so it's not crazy to think he was stronger than him back then. And there was a period of 5 years between Oden returning to Wano and the coup. During that time, Mihawk would've been in his early 20s.

Not saying Oden and Mihawk fought, but there's room in the timeline for it to happen.

Akai2

β€Ž
It's not that I "dislike" the Oden stuff just prefer to binge read volumes over reading weekly: you enjoy the arcs the way they're meant to be enjoyed.
Most def. Getting 16 pages of content a week is more about enjoying the little moments and discussing/anticipating what'll happen next than making overall judgments on the arc. Because like you said you can't know for sure unless you see the whole picture.

But then again you're the main character so you got it good :madmonk: