Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Would you not say that it was a depiction of overall equality, kind of like with Big Mom and Kaido ?

Just cuz we see Base Kaido vs Big Mom doesn't mean Big Mom is only ~ Base Kaido, right ?
I actually don't know. Oda has been very weird with Zoans. Even on the verge of death, Jack refused to transform into his Hybrid form and would have died had Kaido not intervened.

This makes me believe that Oda is not willing to have Zoans use certain forms before he's ready.

This makes me sceptical that if Yamato had a Devil Fruit, she used it against Ace.

Both at the beginning and end of their battle, Yamato was only shown in Base. It makes little sense to transform into Base then Hybrid then back to Base.

It's not as if the fight was entirely offpaneled. We got several pages of it:

There are a few short timeskips during the battle and we see Yamato not transformed every time.

So I think it's the case that Yamato did not actually use her Zoan.

Like the argument that Yamato used her Zoan off panel is not really credible given that we're shown several panels of different stages of the fight.

As for whether Base Yamato = Ace should apply to Hybrid Yamato and Ace, I would ask your opinion on the Dukes. Does Dukes ~ Base Jack imply that Hybrid Jack ~ Dukes? If you disagree, then I think the same standard should be applied to Yamato and Ace.

Lastly, we don't know that Yamato had her DF four years ago. She may well have acquired it after her fight with Ace.

As for Linlin vs Kaido, Linlin was also nerfed
  • She didn't use Prometheus.
    • She didn't fuse with Prometheus.
  • She didn't use Zeus.

A holding back Linlin stalemated a holding back Kaido.

In contrast, a holding back (or pre Devil Fruit) Yamato stalemated an all out Ace.

I actually don't know. Oda has been very weird with Zoans. Even on the verge of death, Jack refused to transform into his Hybrid form and would have died had Kaido not intervened.

This makes me believe that Oda is not willing to have Zoans use certain forms before he's ready.

This makes me sceptical that if Yamato had a Devil Fruit, she used it against Ace.

Both at the beginning and end of their battle, Yamato was only shown in Base. It makes little sense to transform into Base then Hybrid then back to Base.

It's not as if the fight was entirely offpaneled. We got several pages of it:

There are a few short timeskips during the battle and we see Yamato not transformed every time.

So I think it's the case that Yamato did not actually use her Zoan.

Like the argument that Yamato used her Zoan off panel is not really credible given that we're shown several panels of different stages of the fight.

As for whether Base Yamato = Ace should apply to Hybrid Yamato and Ace, I would ask your opinion on the Dukes. Does Dukes ~ Base Jack imply that Hybrid Jack ~ Dukes? If you disagree, then I think the same standard should be applied to Yamato and Ace.

Lastly, we don't know that Yamato had her DF four years ago. She may well have acquired it after her fight with Ace.

As for Linlin vs Kaido, Linlin was also nerfed
  • She didn't use Prometheus.
    • She didn't fuse with Prometheus.
  • She didn't use Zeus.

A holding back Linlin stalemated a holding back Kaido.

In contrast, a holding back (or pre Devil Fruit) Yamato stalemated an all out Ace.

So your belief is that Oda intended to convey Yamato's overall superiority when compared to Ace through the interaction we got between them in the manga ?

so the viz pronounce yamato as "he/his".
now the only clear thing about Yamato is man or not, its depend on Sanji's reaction when he meet Yamato.
I mean, is it really up to Sanji to decide the validity of someone's identity ? :milaugh:

Yamato has obvious feminine traits, so Sanji's certain to fawn over said traits the way he did over Ivankov when presented with Ivankov's female form

Last week's hints from @Lance_Dragonite explained now that the chapter is out:

Not too sure about this one but could refer to the tiger on the cover page?

Easy, Caesar's flashback with Chopper
The panel of Robin is from Fishman Island where she asks "Who are you Joy Boy?" which is referencing Kaido's line about Joy Boy

This is referring to Chopper's Rumble Ball possibly extending to 30 minutes.

Sanji won't left Kiku, Kinemon and Momonosuke in the brink of death, will Oda put in the trash Sanji's relation with Momonosuke and Kinemon?
Sanji cracks Kaido's club confirmed?
King tries to end Kinemon or Momonosuke and Sanjino saves the day?
Sanji keeps running until the end of act 3?
Chopper ends Wano with better feats than X-Drake, Jinbei and Sanji? (ok this one is cap)

Status
Not open for further replies.