General & Others Why Ulti and P1 being "defeated" is a misdirection by Oda

Do you guys think this is the start of the domino effect of the end of the arc? because i have several reasons to why this is a fake out
1) Page 1 didn't fight usop
2) Nami's "victory" was waaay too cheap
3) We didn't see Ulti's and P1 strongest attacks
4) King and Queen didn't have a single set-up combat chapter showcasing why they are the strongest beast pirates
5) Major Wano plotlines needing screentime, like the shimotsuki and wano-ancient kingdom connections, Nidai kitetsu, the kokeshi dolls found by brook in orochi's castle
6) Big mom pirates like smoothie and daifuku have to play some significant role in the arc
7) The marines are guaranteed to go to wano, no way oda pulls an admiral for a shichibukai like doffy and doesn't for the climax of a 10 years long saga
8) Luffy will 100 percent get trashed 1 more time

You are expecting too much from the worst writing of an arc I have ever read. Major Wano plot lines needing screen time is indeed warranted but Oda prefers to give those screen time to characters like Tama since he believes Tama is more important than Kaido backstory, fledging out King, why the marines are scared of Wano, Toki relevance to the void century, etc. Tama is more important than all of that.

I am more than sure that this arc is rewritten and not the one that Oda wanted to show the original one. There are a lot of prerequisites for this, frequent errors in the arc, both plot and visual, long and frequent interruptions. Yes, look at the same Gifters ones on Zunesha and in Wano. Lots of skips and meaningless actions. Pulls with the disclosure of bounty and hybrids, fights so generally complete fiction and solid fake hype.

Last edited:
I also think they (mainly Page One) could not be defeated yet, but your reasoning for it has the same vibe as the "raid will fail" theory. It's basically just you being in denial that all of those plot points aren't being adressed and putting way too much faith in Oda to do so.

Do you really think Luffy will lose again even after that emotional moment with Momo assuring all the samurai that he'll beat Kaido?

Do you really think the arc has more space for the marines and the BMP to get focus when our current cast is already struggling to get the spotlight?

Last edited:
I am more than sure that this arc is rewritten and not the one that Oda wanted to show the original one. There are a lot of prerequisites for this, frequent errors in the arc, both plot and visual, long and frequent interruptions. Yes, look at the same Gifters ones on Zunesha and in Wano. Lots of skips and meaningless actions. Pulls with the disclosure of bounty and hybrids, fights so generally complete fiction and solid fake hype.
i agree.
and there's another two plot lines that just got discarded by oda:
1- marco's letter
2- what kaido wanted to ask the scabbards about.

Do you really think Luffy will lose again even after that emotional moment with Momo assuring all the samurai that he'll beat Kaido?

Do you really think the arc has more space for the marines and the BMP to get focus when our current cast is already struggling to get the spotlight?
Yeah, I think.

Do you guys think this is the start of the domino effect of the end of the arc? because i have several reasons to why this is a fake out
Agree, they could have atleast landed their strongest attacks in BM, before she nerfes them for Nami and Usopp. And Usopp still should fight, hopefully he gains CoA
Well she has no chance against Ulti otherwise
4) King and Queen didn't have a single set-up combat chapter showcasing why they are the strongest beast pirates
Thats a good point but j dont see how, could you explain
5) Major Wano plotlines needing screentime, like the shimotsuki and wano-ancient kingdom connections, Nidai kitetsu, the kokeshi dolls found by brook in orochi's castle
This definitely, unless we see more post wano, was a mossed opportunity. Oda loves to hide stuff, which hurts his story sometimes. Half of this could have easily been shown
6) Big mom pirates like smoothie and daifuku have to play some significant role in the arc
Yeah, their presence is pointless, why even bring them to Wano if they are absent
7) The marines are guaranteed to go to wano, no way oda pulls an admiral for a shichibukai like doffy and doesn't for the climax of a 10 years long saga
Not sure about admiral, after the battle everyone will be down so they will be easy prey
We dont know yet

My bet is that editors are crushing Oda's neck because this fucking arc AND ACT is taking too long.

P1 vs Usopp is not necessarily. He is clearly above him. No way for Usopp beating him. Black Maria most likely be the weakest Tobiroppo and takes Brook + Robin to fight her. Luffy would need G4 to handle the brothers, no way Nami and Usopp be stronger than Base Luffy(even without adv arm and conqueror).

Major plot lines are not Nidai Kitetsu and Kokeshi Dolls.

No one cares anymore by BM pirates, not even Perospero anymore.

Not exactly marines. Only Shield. And unless one of the admirals is connected to Shield we are not seeing any. Perharps Garp is the "Admiral" of Shield?

Luffy getting beat one more time we something I would like to see.

About time those irrelevant characters got retired from the fight i say, Nami and Ussop being able to defeat P1 and Ulti in a 2v2 or 1v1 is what would made absolutely no sense. Remenber, Nami and Ussop are not suposed to be strong, the problem is that some people started hyping Ulti specialy, just because they liked her design.
:luuh:

Last edited:
People once again here are delusional. Page one and ulti aren’t down. What does the arc being 106 chapters have to do with anything? Wano has been built up for 10 years and it’s 100+ chapters with no end in sight. If Oda wants the arc can be another 80 chapters.

Ulti and page one obviously aren’t down do people think nami and usopp have nothing to do for the rest of the arc? Just run around fighting fodder? Delusinal.

It’s not misdirection, it was just a poorly written finale to the fight.

Kanjuro, Ulti, Page One- enemies are starting to get beaten. All the other fights are (with the exception of Luffy and Zoro, the two heroes to make a dramatic comeback at the final hour) set-up. There’s really nothing to do now but get the fights over and done with.

1. Usopp and Page One. Again, poorly written end to the fight. But there was never the personal animosity between Usopp and Page One that existed between Nami and Ulti. Less time was spent on the fight. While Oda was giving double-spreads of Nami attacking Ulti, joint attacks with Franky, Nami bowing to defeat Ulti for beating up kids, Page One and Usopp was getting none of that. He might get up only to be immediately one-shot by Usopp, but it’s not especially necessary.

2. Agreed, it was shit. But it’s over. Look at how it flowed.
Nami- ”I need stronger lightning”
Nami- ”I will beat her”
Big Mom heavily weakens Ulti
Zeus- ”One more hit will finish her off”
Then Nami uses her one more hit of stronger lightning to beat her. That’s it, fight over. Bringing Ulti back now is just pointless

3. Ulti’s was Ulti Mortar, Page One is blatantly a punching bag that Oda doesn’t care about

4. It’s been made very clear that King and Queen are the strongest Beast Pirates. They might well go on to get some more hype, but that doesn’t mean that the Flying Six fights have to stagnate even further. Ulti being defeated is pretty irrelevant to this.

5. The deep Wano lore will either come from a Kaido flashback, in the fight with Kaido or as an exposition drop at the end of the arc. Again, no reason to delay the fights. The less important stuff can just be dealt with whenever necessary.

6. No they don’t. If they were going to play a significant role, they would actually have been significant in the arc so far. Only Big Mom and Perosepero will be relevant, that’s why they got to Onigashima and have actually had screentime.

7. The Marines aren’t coming to Wano, Oda’s kept telling us this. They are too wary of the strength of the samurai, Wano is not in the World Gov’s jurisdiction and the abolition of the Warlords plus whatever has happened with Sabo/Vivi is taking up all their manpower.

8. Probably. But that won’t delay the other fights. If anything Luffy’s next defeat can only happen once the other fights are done, so there’s someone else to hold off Kaido while Luffy recovers.

People once again here are delusional. Page one and ulti aren’t down. What does the arc being 106 chapters have to do with anything? Wano has been built up for 10 years and it’s 100+ chapters with no end in sight. If Oda wants the arc can be another 80 chapters.

Ulti and page one obviously aren’t down do people think nami and usopp have nothing to do for the rest of the arc? Just run around fighting fodder? Delusinal.
LMAO, what are you on about "no end in sight" when this is the start of the end?

You literally have enemies starting to go down.

No it isn't. People need to stop putting Oda on this huge pedestal. Just because your expectations weren't met doesn't mean Oda is planning a massive twist.

I remember people complaining about the Katakuri fight being mostly offscreened, Oda then ended the arc like 5 chapters later. Just accept that he wrote himself into a corner with how weak Usopp and Nami are

Not everything Oda does is some genius piece of writing. Sometimes he just writes shit.

8) Luffy will 100 percent get trashed 1 more
Its but he will do it its his writing is shit shit and shit
Luffy will win and all commanders will lose and its gonna end typical OP manner

The time-bomb or birdcage is onigashima flying to wano capital and Luffy needs to rush to stop it