Speculations King killed Shimotsuki Ushimaru

A forgotten wano plot point that people seem to forget about, is the whole story around shimotsuki ushimaru and his fox onimaru.
This story was an important part of Act 2 and ushimaru continues to appear during oden's flashback in Act 3.

Recently, we are in the middle of the final battle and there have been no mentions of ushimaru or his fox for the entirety of the raid. I don't expect oda to just forget about this whole plot point and never mention ushimaru again as he has served no purpose in the story till now. See, i fully expect zoro to be related to ushimaru and i think he is most probably his son, i mean oda practically draws the same character :

Now how does this tie into king ?

Ushimaru was probably killed by a beast pirate and i think if kaido or queen were the ones to have killed him it would have been brought up by now as both of them have met zoro while king hasn't yet.
Also, Zoro fighting king has a big chance of happening right now and although zoro could go on to fight him without any plot points connecting them, i think it would be a lot better for king to have killed his father in the past and to recognize the similarity between zoro and ushimaru exposing zoro's family line and giving zoro more of a motive to fight him than just being the strongest enemy around.

What sealed the deal for me was the Sanji - Judge - Queen connection, as i think oda deliberately had both zoro and sanji connected to their opponents through their fathers as a parallel.
It would also give king some very needed feats as i believe ushimaru to have been at least as strong as prime hyogoro the flower.

P.S. i am kinda new here and insert images doesn't seem to work for me for some reason so sorry about that :D.

Last edited:
Why are you trying to push Zoro vs King so hard?
There is nothing in common between them

But here are all Similarities between Marco & King & their Match-Up compared to Law Defeating Trebol in Dressrosa:
  • Both Represent the Third Part of the Alliance against Main Villain
  • Both are Strongest Member of Alliance outside Straw Hats
  • Both had a Crew but got separated with them & came to Fight Solo
  • Both are Doctors who use their DFs to have Miraculous Effects
  • Both had an Encounter with Second Big Villain & got Caught by them but Escaped (Fujitora & Big Mom)
  • Both their Match-Ups are against Commander who is Nearest to Main Villain
    • Trebol stayed with Doflamingo & tried to Protect him
    • King is guarding the Sky & tries to seal Hole Entrance to Roof where Kaido is
  • Both King & Trebol had/have a Mysterious Body (Trebol was covered in Sticky Substance & King is covered entirely in Clothes)
  • Both Marco & Law are related to the Major Flashback Death (Oden/Corazon) & were their Friends
  • Both Marco & Law are Ex-Members of Group that Villain belongs to
    • Law was a Shichibukai just like Doflamingo
    • Marco was part of Yonko Crews just like Kaido (Not same Role but still)
  • Both Marco & Law were Orphans & joined Piracy to be able to Survive
  • Both Marco & King were Introduced when a Yonko appeared to meet their Captains
  • Both Marco & King were Invited to join Crew of said Yonko but refused
  • Both Marco & King were Introduced alongside another Commander (Queen/Jozu)
  • Both Marco & King are Flying Beasts making it a Battle of Skies/Bird
  • Both are Flame Related & Marco can counter King's Flames just like he did with Prometheus
  • Not to mention that they are already Fighting for long time & other fighs are being Concluded already (Three Tobbi already down)
There are more similarities for sure

A forgotten wano plot point that people seem to forget about, is the whole story around shimotsuki ushimaru and his fox onimaru.
This story was an important part of Act 2 and ushimaru continues to appear for during oden's flashback in Act 3.

Recently, we are in the middle of the final battle and there have been no mentions of ushimaru or his fox for the entirety of the raid. I don't expect oda to just forget about this whole plot point and never mention ushimaru again as he has served no purpose in the story till now. See, i fully expect zoro to be related to ushimaru and i think he is most probably his son, i mean oda practically draws the same character :

Ushimaru was probably killed by a beast pirate and i think if kaido or queen were the ones to have killed him it would have been brought up by now as both of them have met zoro while king hasn't yet.
Also, Zoro fighting king has a big chance of happening right now and although zoro could go on to fight him without any plot points connecting them, i think it would be a lot better for king to have killed his father in the past and to recognize the similarity between zoro and ushimaru exposing zoro's family line and giving zoro more of a motive to fight him than just being the strongest enemy around.

What sealed the deal for me was the Sanji - Judge - Queen connection, as i think oda deliberately had both zoro and sanji connected to their opponents through their fathers as a parallel.
It would also give king some very needed feats as i believe ushimaru to have been at least as strong as prime hyogoro the flower.

P.S. i am kinda new here and insert images doesn't seem to work for me for some reason so sorry about that :D.
that dude u show in the last pic is not ushimaru
in anime this dude has brown hair
ushimaru has blue hair

With zero knowledge of how to sail, and just so happened to make it to the one island all the way on the other side of the World that her ancestor from decades prior landed on, and established a Village at?
I do not think that Ushimaru is Zoro’s dad (I think that the whole Shimotsuki’s plot was a red herring) BUT in a story where a woman could be pregnant during 22 months, i do not see why what you say is impossible.

Why are you trying to push Zoro vs King so hard?
There is nothing in common between them

But here are all Similarities between Marco & King & their Match-Up compared to Law Defeating Trebol in Dressrosa:
  • Both Represent the Third Part of the Alliance against Main Villain
  • Both are Strongest Member of Alliance outside Straw Hats
  • Both had a Crew but got separated with them & came to Fight Solo
  • Both are Doctors who use their DFs to have Miraculous Effects
  • Both had an Encounter with Second Big Villain & got Caught by them but Escaped (Fujitora & Big Mom)
  • Both their Match-Ups are against Commander who is Nearest to Main Villain
    • Trebol stayed with Doflamingo & tried to Protect him
    • King is guarding the Sky & tries to seal Hole Entrance to Roof where Kaido is
  • Both King & Trebol had/have a Mysterious Body (Trebol was covered in Sticky Substance & King is covered entirely in Clothes)
  • Both Marco & Law are related to the Major Flashback Death (Oden/Corazon) & were their Friends
  • Both Marco & Law are Ex-Members of Group that Villain belongs to
    • Law was a Shichibukai just like Doflamingo
    • Marco was part of Yonko Crews just like Kaido (Not same Role but still)
  • Both Marco & Law were Orphans & joined Piracy to be able to Survive
  • Both Marco & King were Introduced when a Yonko appeared to meet their Captains
  • Both Marco & King were Invited to join Crew of said Yonko but refused
  • Both Marco & King were Introduced alongside another Commander (Queen/Jozu)
  • Both Marco & King are Flying Beasts making it a Battle of Skies/Bird
  • Both are Flame Related & Marco can counter King's Flames just like he did with Prometheus
  • Not to mention that they are already Fighting for long time & other fighs are being Concluded already (Three Tobbi already down)
There are more similarities for sure
I am not trying to push Zoro vs King as i don't really care if he fights him or not, but i think it has a high chance of happening right now and i wouldn't go as far as saying they have nothing in common between them as, quoting @Cinera :
  1. He's the strongest subordinate of the antagonist.
  2. He's a swordsman.
  3. He seems to share a rivalry with Sanji's opponent.
  4. He's overly serious.
I do believe in ZKK but i don't see how that makes zoro vs king impossible.

that dude u show in the last pic is not ushimaru
in anime this dude has brown hair
ushimaru has blue hair
You are right but my headcannon is that the anime messed that up because honestly the manga pic is perfectly ushimaru lol :D.

I do not think that Ushimaru is Zoro’s dad (I think that the whole Shimotsuki’s plot was a red herring) BUT in a story where a woman could be pregnant during 22 months, i do not see why what you say is impossible.
I actually think the shimotsuki plot has some purpose because i don't think oda made such a big misdirection before ( i might be wrong on this).

Zoro vs King is almost set in stone at this point imo. Yamato is stalling Kaido for Luffy while Law and Kidd are with BM. At this point you have Luffy who will soon recover and go fight Kaido for the #time but there is also Zoro who get the magic medicine and now is back to full power. Also at this point we have every SH vs a tobi roppo or a calamity and in particular Sanji vs Queen... Zoro will take King while Luffy goes back to the roof. The only thing that is still in the middle is Marco and what he will do.

About the Shimotsuki I also believe he most likely is Zoro's father: master swordsman, face profile a lot like Zoro, Zoro's has big ties with Wano even if he doesn't know.. Oda could play the card that King killed his father, that wouod make King more relevant even because after Zoro fought onbthe roof King seriously needs something more but anyway if that happens imo Zoro will not be so pissed about it, maybe Oda could even subtly underline the guy is Zoro's father just to makebthe readers get it but Zoro doesn't.

This story was an important part of Act 2 and ushimaru continues to appear for during oden's flashback in Act 3.

ushimaru is admiral greenbull
Post automatically merged:

With zero knowledge of how to sail, and just so happened to make it to the one island all the way on the other side of the World that her ancestor from decades prior landed on, and established a Village at?
this is after kaidos weapon factories have been built. there are underworld ships leaving wano constantly
Post automatically merged:

Definitely not his son, because Zoro was born in East Blue. Relative? Perhaps his uncle? That's possible.
nothing says zoro was born in east blue actually. its just the first time we saw him

I've had this in my signature for more than a year that king killed ushimaru. Come up with your own theory