Status
Not open for further replies.
There won't be direct consequences. If there were then a restriction would be in place.

Idk if you're deliberately trying to cause paranoia and/or divert the idea of character claiming because you know it would be to scums disadvantage (often the case) OR

If you're genuinely cautious about town claims and there possible effect on town win likelihood.

The latter I find less believable simply because it's not something I would ever care remotely about as town as I trust my team to do whatever the fuck they want and trust myself to perform well and catch scum regardless of what they do

That doesn't make it implausible though, I just don't really like where your mind is at right now

I'd say relax and do your thing, let people claim if they want to and we will play they cards as they're dealt
If there’s a credible chance that it could help Scum I don’t see how you could not be cautious.

I’m not saying we shouldn’t claim important stuff. Obviously we have to when it’s important. I literally questioned making minor claims that don’t help us.

I don’t like that you are ready to be completely reckless about it even if it could have reprecussions. If it has the potential to help Scum then it’s possible you want us to claim haphazardly useless information to hurt Town.

If there’s a credible chance that it could help Scum I don’t see how you could not be cautious.

I’m not saying we shouldn’t claim important stuff. Obviously we have to when it’s important. I literally questioned making minor claims that don’t help us.

I don’t like that you are ready to be completely reckless about it even if it could have reprecussions. If it has the potential to help Scum then it’s possible you want us to claim haphazardly useless information to hurt Town.
Don't care if you like it or not

I don't rely on town doing the best or right things I just rely on myself doing the best and right things

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
There won't be direct consequences. If there were then a restriction would be in place.

Idk if you're deliberately trying to cause paranoia and/or divert the idea of character claiming because you know it would be to scums disadvantage (often the case) OR

If you're genuinely cautious about town claims and there possible effect on town win likelihood.

The latter I find less believable simply because it's not something I would ever care remotely about as town as I trust my team to do whatever the fuck they want and trust myself to perform well and catch scum regardless of what they do

That doesn't make it implausible though, I just don't really like where your mind is at right now

I'd say relax and do your thing, let people claim if they want to and we will play they cards as they're dealt
What he's worried about is that there are scum roles that can do something with your role were they to know what flavor you possess.

For example a deathnote ability, Write their name and their flavor and they die.
Or steal an ability from your target if you guess their flavor - etc. etc.

Also, judging by my own role, the flavors will also have direct hints at what one can do, so that also gives scums better overview over who to kill first etc.

Generally, I wouldn't advice claiming flavor

What he's worried about is that there are scum roles that can do something with your role were they to know what flavor you possess.

For example a deathnote ability, Write their name and their flavor and they die.

Also, judging by my own role, the flavors will also have direct hints at what one can do, so that also gives scums better overview over who to kill first etc.

I wasn’t sure how exactly it might manifest, the warning just made me leery. Unlimited claims just felt too good to be true after the last game I had and then we get a warning in red to be careful about it.

So standard reasons for claiming not being advisable without pressure

Man that post about the warning possibly being meant for Scum just pings me the wrong way. Why on earth would Scum need to be warned not to claim their stuff? I don’t think you’d need to warn Scum not to give themselves away by claiming.

And it’s weird a veteran player would think that it could be meant for Scum.

Man that post about the warning possibly being meant for Scum just pings me the wrong way. Why on earth would Scum need to be warned not to claim their stuff? I don’t think you’d need to warn Scum not to give themselves away by claiming.

If you think I'm scum then vote for me breh

@RippedCal really interesting to see you go at another newbie even when players like Lind etc discouraged claiming due to the same reasons and talked about that on the thread

:lusalty:
I've read about 4 pages, I haven't used my vote anywhere and have provided two different possible reasons for the behaviors I've examined where the results are town and scum. What do you think is happening here?

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
I've read about 4 pages, I haven't used my vote anywhere and have provided two different possible reasons for the behaviors I've examined where the results are town and scum. What do you think is happening here?
nothing lol. not every message has some hidden meaning or intent behind it. i just said your actions were interesting ~ i didnt mean anything lol chill.

:cheers:

Think of it like this bruh

Mafia is a puzzle.

You're trying to put together a puzzle but only the town pieces fit the puzzle.

Now you're asking why could a claiming not advised warning not be targeted at scum...

Well the reason it could is because the scum pieces won't fit the puzzle.

It's why mass claim is such an effective way of solving mafia games for town.

So why not just mass claim all the time? Well it's more delicate than that and of course that's where standard claiming caution comes into play... not wanting PRs outed etc...

I hope this helps you understand my POV

And like I said please vote for me if you think I'm scum, I don't like people half assing reads on me

Weakness is scummy

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
exactly lol. i know that my message can mean anything from "the amount of due diligence cal-senpai does is amazing" to "this seems like scum wagoning" or nothing at all. in reality, was a casual remark from a guy who just woke up after 3 hrs of sleep last night lool it aint that deep.

Think of it like this bruh

Mafia is a puzzle.

You're trying to put together a puzzle but only the town pieces fit the puzzle.

Now you're asking why could a claiming not advised warning not be targeted at scum...

Well the reason it could is because the scum pieces won't fit the puzzle.

It's why mass claim is such an effective way of solving mafia games for town.

So why not just mass claim all the time? Well it's more delicate than that and of course that's where standard claiming caution comes into play... not wanting PRs outed etc...

I hope this helps you understand my POV
Okay, I’m seriously trying to see your perspective, but I still honestly don’t get how this ties into the warning being meant for Mafia. I don’t want to be daft lol, but can you possibly rephrase it?

I understand why claiming is bad for Scum. It makes it harder to hide. And I understand the standard negatives to Town for claiming. But I’m not sure why there would need to be a warning addressed to Scum in the first post like this. It seems too unnecessary to be meant for them. Or at least to have a good chance at being for them. It looks far more likely to be meant for Town.

And like I said please vote for me if you think I'm scum, I don't like people half assing reads on me

Weakness is scummy
I really mean it when I say I don’t like the be reckless with my vote. There are a few things about you that make me think it’s possible you’re Scum beyond this interaction. But I’m hoping to get more clarification once you catch up tomorrow to make a more informed decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.