• Poor

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Awful

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read it quickly.

Did Riboku basically say Houken was weaker than his opponent but won just due to external causes and that's the same with Shin? :suresure::seriously::gonope::milaugh:

That's basically what I wrote in the Moubu v Houken thread lol, the only difference is that this time Houken is gonna kick the bucket.

Another chapter with "Bushin, path, transcend the humanity, crying from 1 eye" nonsense again...
This fight is so dragged with nonsensical conversation happening on the background.

People keep believing "Houken will die next chapter" but that's what I heard every week.

Amazing chapter!!
Battle between Shin and Houken is very good! Wonder what happened to Shin? Is he beyond tired after getting smacked repeatedly...Wonder if Kyokai, Ten's, Bihei's heart felt cry will enable him to regain his senses..... Houken still looks like a boss....But he is a slow learner ..

Another chapter with "Bushin, path, transcend the humanity, crying from 1 eye" nonsense again...
This fight is so dragged with nonsensical conversation happening on the background.

People keep believing "Houken will die next chapter" but that's what I heard every week.
So you think he survives again?
How are we even supposed to take seriously a guy that fails to kill half dead Shin twice in a row?

So Shin has basically been expending his life force to fight Houken😓. Well I guess that’s a lot more believable than him suddenly just being able to contend & even push Houken back after getting his ass kicked in the half-dead condition. End of the day it’d prolly be the wills of those supporting Shin that stop him from crossing the river Sanzu😅 which means Houken survives again but if Shin can’t put him down now, I don’t see how anything changes the next time they go at it.

@Guan Yu I’m not really a Ten fan either but I don’t think her death would be changing much in terms of Shin’s strength. The man is already scrapping below the barrel as is.

Not sure what Ousen and the others are playing at tho, Shin has Houken by the balls so why is no one capitalizing on it and going after Riboku’s head?

Also finally understand why folks are always saying Houken’s Blade is light. On the surface it does appear like he’s fighting for humanity but he’s really not. The man fights for himself & his hell bent on proving to the gods that he’s transcended humanity.
Post automatically merged:

Does anyone think Shin would be losing something like hearing, sight etc.? from this fight? He's our MC, he isn't gonna die but I get a strong feeling he'd lose something like that ^^"

Last edited:
We finally got the answer to the contradiction that is Houken’s belief. :finally:

I have to say, Houken is becoming a far more tragic character than I expected him to be. :sadgrin:

So we have a man who dedicated his entire life to an ideal, an ideal that was designed to save everyone by holding personal attachments to no one.

Time and time again his belief in that ideology is tested by individuals who hold an ideology that is the antithesis of everything that Houken believes in. Individuals that according to Houken’s ideology should be inherently beneath him yet they always injure or outright nearly kill him.

So he seeks the answer to why this is and unfortunately for him, this is the answer.
Is it any wonder Kaine sheds a tear for this man? :catsweat:

Houken is currently still clinging to his ideology and why would he not? The idea that everything that one dedicated their heart, soul and entire life to was wrong, was a mistake, was a lie, must be the most bitter pill in existence to swallow and that is exactly what Houken is coming face to face with.
After seeing that pained face of sheer anger and pure frustration, I am wondering whether he is trying to convince Shin or himself. :josad:

On an unrelated side note, that panel where Houken points his glaive at Shin is utterly awesome. :akaman:

Personally, I love this detailed analysis of Houken’s character and the exploration of his flaws. Houken is currently shooting up my list of favorite Kingdom characters.

This entire duel is reminding me of Shin versus Mangoku, a fight where two bitter enemies come to an understanding by the end of the duel.

If this is to be a duel Houken loses then I believe the most poetic ending to this fight will be one where Houken realises that Shin is the one who is right regarding humanity’s ability to inherit the wills of others, has heard Shin declare his intention to unify China and in his final moments asks Shin to be the one who raises humanity up from the ceaseless wars that have plagued it for centuries and brings peace.

Shin agrees to carry out the original will of the Bushin, to bring an end to war within China and as Houken passes away, he sees all those whose wills have given Shin strength and joins them (and maybe the Great Ouki sama says to him cheekily “So, you finally understand. Nfufufufu” :madmonk:).

Edit: MangaSee images do not permanently stay on posts within this forum, so I am replacing any that are in my posts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.