General Mafia General Chat

Zemmi

GodMommie
The games are supposed to be moving faster.

I think with the burnout of most players and the other games going on, I might slow down the pace of the ToS section. Make there be maybe a 2 week break between games :choppawhat:

A Light Game? I was going to say, if there is no one hosting them I'm happy to put one up tonight, probably to start in a week or two. But, if you're going to host one, then by all means. Just figure it'd be a nice change of pace from the heavy role madness stuff.
They said Light game don't have separate calendar , so it's placed in normal mafia calender.

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
They said Light game don't have separate calendar , so it's placed in normal mafia calender.
Ah, I see. My opinion would be, having a separate queue would mean that some light games actually get ran, though you'd probably want to limit it to one or two a month to prevent flooding the community with like 3 or 4 games at once. I dunno who decides that, @AL sama @Dragomir @Zemmi thoughts?

Zemmi

GodMommie
Ah, I see. My opinion would be, having a separate queue would mean that some light games actually get ran, though you'd probably want to limit it to one or two a month to prevent flooding the community with like 3 or 4 games at once. I dunno who decides that, @AL sama @Dragomir @Zemmi thoughts?
I know it wouldn't work with what they plan on doing at the moment.

Having 2 games run off the calendar at a time soon, plus one ToS game. I think I will be making a break period between ToS games to give room for other games and the players.

However, if we try to rearrange things it might work, I guess we will discuss it :choppawhat:

Ratchet

I know it wouldn't work with what they plan on doing at the moment.

Having 2 games run off the calendar at a time soon, plus one ToS game. I think I will be making a break period between ToS games to give room for other games and the players.

However, if we try to rearrange things it might work, I guess we will discuss it :choppawhat:
Right, that makes sense actually. And with the congestion on the hosting queue, probably worth clearing through that first.

Zemmi

GodMommie
Right, that makes sense actually. And with the congestion on the hosting queue, probably worth clearing through that first.
Indeed the priority needs to be get through the calendar where people don't have to wait a decade to host. Which is another reason I want to slow down the ToS games a bit to give room for those games.

I think we can host ToS one week apart...It will give a room for one more game
That might be effiecent too.

D

Dragomir

I agree that light games shouldn't be a part of the normal calendar when it's evident that nobody is going to use up a valuable slot to host them as opposed to role madness. And with how relatively simple light games are, I'm not too worried about "too many games at the same time" becoming much of an issue just as long as we regulate it properly.

I don't think a whole new calendar just for light games would be necessary. They can be treated like turbo games with someone hosting them whenever they'd like or they can alternate with ToS/ToL games.

In all, I don't mind light games occurring separately from the regular calendar. But I know Al would. :pepeke:

Ratchet

I agree that light games shouldn't be a part of the normal calendar when it's evident that nobody is going to use up a valuable slot to host them as opposed to role madness. And with how relatively simple light games are, I'm not too worried about "too many games at the same time" becoming much of an issue just as long as we regulate it properly.

I don't think a whole new calendar just for light games would be necessary. They can be treated like turbo games with someone hosting them whenever they'd like or they can alternate with ToS/ToL games.

In all, I don't mind light games occurring separately from the regular calendar. But I know Al would. :pepeke:
I suppose that'll be a separate discussion then. I do think limiting them to like once a month would be prudent, because otherwise the need for a calendar probably increases, but ya.

AL sama

Red Haired
running light games separately will just create more hindrance for the main calendar rather then resolving the clogging issue

I m even considering limiting each type of game per season but no one would really be happy if I did that

also most people don't really prefer light games here

Zemmi

GodMommie
running light games separately will just create more hindrance for the main calendar rather then resolving the clogging issue

I m even considering limiting each type of game per season but no one would really be happy if I did that

It should be fine though to have 1 light game a month though huh?

I already plan on spacing out ToS games from now on, so that should help too. Not sure if it should be one or two weeks apart.

Ratchet

If they're ran outside of the calandar though, then theoretically they shouldn't be impacting the main one. I can't really comment on people not liking them as much here, as that's probably true, but I do think a kind of ad hoc system with limitations (once a month, 14 players max, etc) can cater to people who want to play Mafia but at a slower pace, maybe even normalise days lasting > 24 hours for light games. Though, with that system, I wonder if it'd be better to do away with light games entirely, and run a separate queue for mini games. That probably will introduce its own issues though, but that worked pretty well on OPB for a few years.

Light games are so much better then role madness. Keeping them in the same calendar makes no sense. Should easily be separate just don’t do them as often.

also light games actually makes you read players. I noticed a lot of people are newer here. With light games you get the experience without having the roles influence a lot of the decision.

we did this on OJ with a lot of newbies and worked out greatly imo. Some of them are pretty good mafia players.

I mean no reason to not try it. At worst you just cancel the light games if people hate it.

AL sama

Red Haired
It should be fine though to have 1 light game a month though huh?

I already plan on spacing out ToS games from now on, so that should help too. Not sure if it should be one or two weeks apart.
I believe it'll just create more problems that's my honest opinion

this mafia base is fairly new zem you should consider that