Theory Another timeskip is on the way...?

Hi everyone,
Haven't been active for the last week or so, as I've been dropping nonstop hours into putting together another theory video. :super:

This one is about the potential of another short, but important timeskip happening in One Piece on the island of Elbaf - and how Sabo's death might be the catalyst.

Click the thumbnail above for the link!
Link here as well if that doesn't work: VIDEO

There are spoilers for the manga and anime in this vid, so watch at your own risk!

Summary of Points

- I think there will be a second timeskip after the Wano arc once the crew reaches Elbaf
- I think Sabo is dead, and if not, he will be by the time Luffy is out of Onigashima
- The timeskip will happen once the crew finally meets the Red Hair pirates, and Luffy learns the news about Sabo (just like how Sabo learned about Ace)
- They will very likely find the 4th road poneglyph there
- The jump in time will be roughly a year long, and I cover why this amount of time in the video
- They will train in preparation for the final war that will definitely take place after they find the One Piece, and leave Elbaf at the peak of their abilities
- The whole crew will be together instead of apart this time
- Luffy will master conqueror's haki (maybe Gear 5th?), Zoro will learn the Ikoku/Hakoku Sovereignty, Usopp will master Observation Haki
- At the end of the video, I cover an objection I commonly see to the idea

Just so that I don't flood this thread with all my evidence, please check out the video to see the full explanation!

There are a lot more details and evidence in there if you still don't buy the idea. And If you don't that's totally fine as well, I'm just hoping to maybe give you guys some food for thought and present a case in favor of a final timeskip happening. :catrude:

-----------------------------------------------------------

I hope you guys enjoy, and please give me any feedback or thoughts you have! What do you think will happen when the crew gets to Elbaf?

Much love,
Hidden

I will watch your video another time. But just to start the topic. I personally believed another one would happen too, untill Wano. The growth they are having now is enormous. And the pacing is fast. Those are the two reasons I don't think it is needed anymore. If I have time I will watch tonight

I think there could be a timeskip too,because there could be a trend of the story,that everytime there is a big change in the OP world,Oda makes a timeskip,to show us how the world is changed. So after the fall of two Yonko,and the elimination of the system of the Warlords,the world will surely change a lot,and there could be a timeskip. But i dont think it will be a long timeskip,maybe just 1 year. And also,i dont think Sabo will die.

I will watch your video another time. But just to start the topic. I personally believed another one would happen too, untill Wano. The growth they are having now is enormous. And the pacing is fast. Those are the two reasons I don't think it is needed anymore. If I have time I will watch tonight
Thank you very much for the feedback, Flappy. I do agree that they are improving at a fast rate, but I personally don't think they will leave the Wano arc with the capabilities to stand at the top of the pirate world. The way I look at it is that they have to be strong enough to completely topple the balance of power by the time the final war starts. They may be strong, but they're not completely refined. A short timeskip would let them polish their skills just a bit more.

I have more explanation in the video, so if you get the chance to watch it let me know your thoughts!

I think there could be a timeskip too,because there could be a trend of the story,that everytime there is a big change in the OP world,Oda makes a timeskip,to show us how the world is changed. So after the fall of two Yonko,and the elimination of the system of the Warlords,the world will surely change a lot,and there could be a timeskip. But i dont think it will be a long timeskip,maybe just 1 year. And also,i dont think Sabo will die.
I'm glad I'm not alone in this opinion! A lot of people reflexively respond with - "the pacing would be ruined" or "we don't have time", but I think it would be very in line with the story structure if another short timeskip did happen.

Also I have a feeling Sabo will die, and a big reason is this panel right here:

I just think it would be strange for Oda to put this line in Reverie, and then have Sabo get caught. Based on the newspapers, it didn't seem like his mission was successful - so what was the alternative?

Thanks for the feedback, by the way :owo:

That’s all I need to hear to be on board, I just cannot stand how our protagonists have only been together in this arc after spending the seven real-life years before it in several different places :josad:
I know, right??? I think giving them a quick chunk of time to train together and some downtime to bond as a crew before the "final boss" would be perfect! Maybe I just play too many video games or something, but a rest point before the end just seems appropriate to me. Especially after this big war on Onigashima.

No can't do
This is the year the greatness in the one piece world is supposed to happen!
Since the void century, people have been waiting for THIS particular year! timeskip won't happen
It wasn't ever specified that this was the year it would happen, unless I am missing something from the manga? Everyone just keeps saying "soon" which, relative to 800 years, could be anything. Soon could mean 10 years, let alone 1.

Just watched the video. You sure made some good points, but still not convinced.
Haha fair enough, thanks for watching! My goal was just to bring some interesting points forward on the subject, so as long as I managed to do that then I'm happy.

By the way Rayleigh trained Luffy for more then a year. A year and a half if I remember correctly.
Just fact checked that, and you're totally right. My bad dude I was like 99% certain that it was 1 year on and 1 year off when I was writing the script. Should have double checked that one. Big Mandela effect for me there lol

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
Haven't been active for the last week or so, as I've been dropping nonstop hours into putting together another theory video. :super:

This one is about the potential of another short, but important timeskip happening in One Piece on the island of Elbaf - and how Sabo's death might be the catalyst.

Click the thumbnail above for the link!
Link here as well if that doesn't work: VIDEO

There are spoilers for the manga and anime in this vid, so watch at your own risk!

Summary of Points

- I think there will be a second timeskip after the Wano arc once the crew reaches Elbaf
- I think Sabo is dead, and if not, he will be by the time Luffy is out of Onigashima
- The timeskip will happen once the crew finally meets the Red Hair pirates, and Luffy learns the news about Sabo (just like how Sabo learned about Ace)
- They will very likely find the 4th road poneglyph there
- The jump in time will be roughly a year long, and I cover why this amount of time in the video
- They will train in preparation for the final war that will definitely take place after they find the One Piece, and leave Elbaf at the peak of their abilities
- The whole crew will be together instead of apart this time
- Luffy will master conqueror's haki (maybe Gear 5th?), Zoro will learn the Ikoku/Hakoku Sovereignty, Usopp will master Observation Haki
- At the end of the video, I cover an objection I commonly see to the idea

Just so that I don't flood this thread with all my evidence, please check out the video to see the full explanation!

There are a lot more details and evidence in there if you still don't buy the idea. And If you don't that's totally fine as well, I'm just hoping to maybe give you guys some food for thought and present a case in favor of a final timeskip happening. :catrude:

-----------------------------------------------------------

I hope you guys enjoy, and please give me any feedback or thoughts you have! What do you think will happen when the crew gets to Elbaf?

Much love,
Hidden
I enjoy the topic.
I agree with you to a certain degree, but my conflicting argument is what about the whole idea of Shanks vs Blackbeard that very well will happen sooner or later?

I also don't think Sabo will die, rather Shanks in his stead.

All those are tied to the same thing ai
Wasn't that just regarding Wano and the arrival of Joy Boy? I'm almost certain Oden wanted Toki to send the scabbards 20 years ahead specifically to be there in time for Joy Boy (Luffy), fight Kaido, and open the country.
All the shits were supposed to happen at the same time
Everything that turns the world upside down

I enjoy the topic.
I agree with you to a certain degree, but my conflicting argument is what about the whole idea of Shanks vs Blackbeard that very well will happen sooner or later?

I also don't think Sabo will die, rather Shanks in his stead.
I don't disagree with you at all Blother - but I don't think those have to be mutually exclusive either.

I just gravitate towards Sabo being the major catalyst because of all the build up we've had around his plotline lately. Not sure if you gave it a watch yet, but in the video I went through a bunch of the parallels between the first and second halves of the grand line - and more importantly the nature of Ace and Sabo's story progression. Would be a lot to type out here but I think it's the biggest reason I feel like Sabo is on the way out.

I do appreciate that perspective though, because I also really want to see the Shanks and BB thing come to a head.

Elbaph ---> Final War

LMAO
Well, Elbaf -> Laugh Tale -> Final War is what I'm implying here.

I imagine there is probably no need to. Luffy and Zoro are becoming quite potent and the weakest SHs just need to learn basic haki and new attacks. A TS usually serves as a training tool rather than anything.
I don't think they're potent enough to take on the entire World Government. Kaido and his crew of traitors is one thing. But the strongest man in the world took on the WG with a fleet of thousands, hundreds of escaped impel down convicts, and the help of 2 warlords - and the mission still failed and he still couldn't make it out alive. And that war didn't even fully involve the gorosei and CP0 and the SSG.

There's a linear progression to the challenges in the story, and we are only at the 80% mark. If they really wanna change the world, they have to get even stronger.

Last edited:
J

Joy D. MADS

Well, Elbaf -> Laugh Tale -> Final War is what I'm implying here.

I don't think they're potent enough to take on the entire World Government. Kaido and his crew of traitors is one thing. But the strongest man in the world took on the WG with a fleet of thousands, hundreds of escaped impel down convicts, and the help of 2 warlords - and the mission still failed and he still couldn't make it out alive. And that war didn't even fully involve the gorosei and CP0 and the SSG.

There's a linear progression to the challenges in the story, and we are only at the 80% mark. If they really wanna change the world, they have to get even stronger.
LMAO we have tons of arcs and characters to unveil and you say this.

I will laugh better than cry.