Status
Not open for further replies.
Zolo is more of a failed copy of any samurai based character from rurouni kenshin and guta from berserk. Lol. Nothing is interesting of that character. Just there for fan service panels. He is hardly a character except for some moments in wano.
zoro is a very stock archetype character but hes written very well for being that simple imo. the buddhist background actually comes across in almost everything he does and says, which is impressive to me. hes a very basic samurai character who serves his boss and has simple goals but the whole "asura" thing is actually really well researched and oda is always trying to represent that in how he acts.

zoro is a character who accepts pain and suffering so that his leader doesnt have to, whether its symbolically or just actual literally like in thriller bark, and hes the one willing to do things that arent noble, but still toward noble goals. hes going to drink, and murder people, and be lazy, and talk shit, but he's serving luffy who is like a buddha figure himself so he enjoys the fruits of wholesome karma while being entirely unwholesome himself, blah blah. its fun that theres a little more depth if you dig for it

At what point does being popular necessarily mean that the character is better ? :virusprot:

So is Carrott a better character than Kaido ? :risicheck:
Yes. She has been more fleshed out than Kaido and has been with sh through zou and wci before poll started ( Altough fan service did play a part), people want to see more of the character they enjoy, if they are enjoyable, then they are well written

Naruto is definitely ass, his best moment was the ice cream moment with Iruka after jiraiyas death.

Naruto took a beating from random ninjas for his homicidal maniac pal, Luffy just hearing about Zoro killing those "innocent" whiskey peak people went straight for the kill no hesitation.

Idk how someone can read 1000 chapters and not like the MC. Kinda crazy
What do you mean? that's so easy to imagine lmao :gokulaugh:

many MCs are shit, what makes most story famous are the characters, plot and the world, rarely is the MC that makes people love stories

i don't think Luffy is shit btw, i think he is a pretty good MC, he is just not the type of MC i like, and i do think many people like One Piece because of Luffy

but saying it's crazy to think someone could be a One Piece fan without liking Luffy makes no sense to me, One Piece above all that has SO MUCH to offer besides Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.