Character Discussion Why didn't Akainu protest the end of the war?

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Since the marines had the advantage and would have destroyed the red haired pirates why didn't Akainu, the most militant of the marines utter a word of complaint?

We have seen admirals be insubordinate before.

Aokiji defied the wg because he didn't want akainu to lead.
Fujitora defied Akainus orders to kill law and luffy.
Green Bull defied Akainus orders to remove Fujitora from Mariejoa.

Why didn't Akainu even give a slight protest?
Because his superior (Sengoku) told him to stop.
Good or bad, Akainu at least respects the chain of command, which is crucial for a military organization.

Because disobeying the order from your superior and you are subject of court martial. Never went to school or watched a war movie ?
Top tier marines have special privileges.

I just named 3 instances where admirals disobeyed people.

Hell Garp is straight up insubordinate himself.

KNow why they don't get rid of him? Because he is too strong.

Top tier marines have special privileges.

I just named 3 instances where admirals disobeyed people.

Hell Garp is straight up insubordinate himself.

KNow why they don't get rid of him? Because he is too strong.

They let Ao Kiji to leave the Navy and replaced him by two more admirals. Don't worry for WG, they have many powers even SSG that can replace the entire warlord system.

Garp insubordinated himself ? Maybe but he didn't and he has nothing to lose anymore (since he evne resigned after that) while Aka Inu can lose his job. His aim was to become FA and became the FA.

They let Ao Kiji to leave the Navy and replaced him by two more admirals. Don't worry for WG, they have many powers even SSG that can replace the entire warlord system.

Garp insubordinated himself ? Maybe but he didn't and he has nothing to lose anymore (since he evne resigned after that) while Aka Inu can lose his job. His aim was to become FA and became the FA.
lmao. losing an admiral is absolutely a massive loss.

they could have 4 admirals and a FA right now. they can't even stop the BM and Kaido meeting because they are understaffed. and garp refused promotions decades before the story started.

What is this Akainu downplay thread?

If you want a legitimate, narrative based answer, it's because if the Admirals fought Shanks and BB, they wouldn't be part of future arcs.

However, outside of narrative, a headcanon answer would be Akainu wouldn't want to continue a war that would only lead to more bloodshed, especially considering that Ace and WB were already executed and MF was lost.

What is this Akainu downplay thread?

If you want a legitimate, narrative based answer, it's because if the Admirals fought Shanks and BB, they wouldn't be part of future arcs.

However, outside of narrative, a headcanon answer would be Akainu wouldn't want to continue a war that would only lead to more bloodshed, especially considering that Ace and WB were already executed and MF was lost.
And like I keep saying, for the narrative argument to work, it has to be believable.

So realistically, Shanks had to be on par with the marines AT least for them to back down.

Well, Shanks pirate crew is like 12 guys and somehow they pressured thousands of marines and 3 admirals to stand down so by that feat alone Shanks is worth at least like 1.75 admirals.
1.75 is an...interesting estimate. I'm not sure in terms of combat who would win since Shanks and the Admirals have few feats, but for a decisive victory, two admirals would probably be necessary to win against Shanks.

1.75 is an...interesting estimate. I'm not sure in terms of combat who would win since Shanks and the Admirals have few feats, but for a decisive victory, two admirals would probably be necessary to win against Shanks.
But by definition Shanks would have to be worth nearly two admirals. Look at how many marines there are. We know Shanks crew is small.

12 guys pressured 5 digits worth of marines and 3 admirals to stop fighting and somehow those 3 admirals = Shanks?

No. The reality is Shanks has to be VASTLY stronger than an admiral one vs one for that to happen.

No. The reality is Shanks has to be VASTLY stronger than an admiral one vs one for that to happen.
I don't think Shanks is VASTLY stronger than an Admiral. Again, we know little of Shanks in terms of feats so it's a moot point but it doesn't narratively make sense if Shanks was that much stronger than an Admiral, considering what we do know of the Admirals.

I don't think Shanks is VASTLY stronger than an Admiral. Again, we know little of Shanks in terms of feats so it's a moot point but it doesn't narratively make sense if Shanks was that much stronger than an Admiral, considering what we do know of the Admirals.
You mean the 3 guys the WG didn't deem enough to fight WB? So they gathered 100k men, traps, warlords and ships to fight a weaker than expected Whitebeard?

The portrayal is vastly different. Yonko>>Admiral

Primebeard low diffs one.

You mean the 3 guys the WG didn't deem enough to fight WB? So they gathered 100k men, traps, warlords and ships to fight a weaker than expected Whitebeard?

The portrayal is vastly different. Yonko>>Admiral

Primebeard low diffs one.
The portrayal was based off what the WG though of Primebeard, not the old and sick WB that arrived at MF. If I recall, not a single Admiral was defeated in that fight and instead they forced the WB remnants to retreat. Do you honestly think Shanks stands a chance against three Admirals, Sengoku and Garp? No, he doesn't. The portrayal of the Marines at MF was necessary to ensure victory against WB, which again, the Marines succeeded at anyway.

Last edited:
The portrayal was based off what the WG though of Primebeard, not the old and sick WB that arrived at MF. If I recall, not a single Admiral was defeated in that fight and instead they forced the WB remnants to retreat. Do you honestly think Shanks stands a chance against three Admirals, Sengoku and Garp? No, he doesn't. The portrayal of the Marines at MF was necessary to ensure victory against WB, which gain, the Marines succeeded at anyway.
Primebeard does.

And Sengoku absolutely believes as does the narrator.

There was nothing to protest, this is stupid.

Akainu simply followed the orders of Sengoku and he himself had most likely realized that keeping fighting that war was not exactly the best option since the goal to kill Ace was achieved and fighting Shanks and friends was not in the program. Besides it's not they usually go even chasing them.

Nope. I don't need to reread, shanks offered to fight the marines but previously told Marco and the WBP to retreat. He then offered to fight BBP.
You don't need to read carefully, that's why you're asking questions from 12 years ago

Last edited: