Status
Not open for further replies.
These 6 hours just flew by.
Drizzt is really good at keeping me interested in what he has to say, whether I agree with it or not.
Loved to hear some thoughts about things I've never even considered.
But honestly, aside from a few characters considerations about Chopper, or Luffy that I never gave much thought about, the rest pretty much is on the same page with what I think about post-TS.
Plot elements that go nowhere, characters acting in contradiction to everything, characters being completely sidelined in favor of Luffy, despite the fact that they could have contributed so much to the current story being told, etc.
Seems like the kind of dude that I genuinely would like to talk to about One Piece over some cold beer.
:cheers:
Well said bro.

it's about driving the expectation of emotional validation that pays the bills of content creators , you can't blame them for wanting to make some money by not being totally honest about what they think, it's a fictional series after all.
Drizzt reads every chapter and still buys merch. Who's not being honest here? The superfan who pretends to hate for attention or the people who like a manga they've always liked

G

Gorosei Informer

A real bummer the dude gets the short end of the stick by being "the guy" that needs to drop some harsh truths about One Piece, while a bunch of "content creators" milk the views and money by simply accepting and hyping everything Oda throws at us to appeal to the fandom's pathological need of accepting that everything is fine.
Exactly! I couldn't have said it better myself! I think that was one of the reasons Dustan Reacts stopped talking about OP too, he supposedly dropped it though I believe? Him and Drizzt would constantly get hated on bigtime for criticising it and not enjoying chapters.
On Youtube and Reddit, people will HOUND you if you're not worshipping everything and anything with Oda and OP.

G

Gorosei Informer

hating one piece is trendy right now it's a good way to get subscribers
Lmfao its the exact opposite of that. If it was trendy, a LOT of people would be doing it and it would be the mainstream. Every other OP youtuber I've seen kisses Oda's ass, because what he really needs is more praise, worshipping and treated like he's done nothing wrong/flawless.

Drizzt has been sitting on around 11.8k subs for AGES, he only went past 12k once and lost at least 300 subs when he made the grossly titled "Defecation of (certain chapters or WCI)" videos or something like that. Of course he ain't gonna gain subs when he's put out almost no videos BUT I am also referring to when he was reacting to chapters on his main channel and still doing videos. Chapter reviews and discussions and such.

I need to know this. Who here thinks Oda's writing is trash? if u think so then why u still here and why do u think its trash.

is it because ur headcanon theories that u think are amazing didnt come through or what???

I personally dont think its trash i think its better than a lot of other mangas. And obviously one piece is not perfect but i think its still at the top for me people say the story and power system is inconsistent. well duhhhh a lot of our current power system and story was built on something 20 years ago. if Oda were to redo the story(which he wont cause he wants to rest) it would become even more goated because he can fix all the old problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.