Actually I want to start my career in this field. Mainly because it is in demand and I think it will remain so in future also (correct me if I am wrong). I want to know from where can I start? I have a little exposure to C language but nothing too fancy. What/which skills should I learn in order to get a job in the shortest duration?
P.S. Sorry for asking too many questions. Feel free to reply whenever you are free.
Nah, it is cool, feel free to ask me as many questions as you like. I honestly don't mind

Honestly, my advise to you would be to apply for an apprenticeship. The apprentices at my work place get taught virtually everything that has to do with cloud computing, they also get to attend various AWS/Azure webinars, conferences and trainings e.t.c

They also get to shadow myself and other engineers. We basically just show them how to resolves incidents, build, configure, and support infrastructure techs and solutions. We also assigned them basic tasks such as responding to incident reports and ensuring relevant prioritisation and detail to allow for proper investigation. This is all done remotely btw due to the pandemic, hoping to transition into hybrid working soon tho. We have also arranged for them to visit some of our data centers. They also get to attend our daily meetings and bridge work where a bunch of us do patch works and resolve incidents.

If you were to jump into a cloud engineering role with limited technical skills or lack of experience, you might get overwhelmed really quickly cos they really expect you to know a couple more stuff than just C. You need to have expeirence or knowledge in Linux servers, windows techs such as Active Directory, CA, ADFS, automation, SQL databases, cloud infrstructure techs in AWS/Azure, firewalls, VPN, IAM, scripting in Shell, Bash, Python e.t.c
Post automatically merged:

Same:kata: