Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you familiar with the basic concepts of conflict in literature?
Let me help you with this image.
Or even this one with Franky
"Conflict" is imperative to develop a character and the story. It is what moves everything forward, or keeps it from moving, or makes it take a step back. It dictates the rhythm of a story. I love a good "conflict". It keeps me invested on the plot or character. Makes it compelling, interesting, makes you root for someone or something to happen. It makes you FEEL things. Be it sadness over a dead ship, be it awe in seeing your favorite character doing something amazing.
Having said that, there are two types of conflict going with Sanji's current situation:
- Character vs Self, the most obvious one
- Character vs Technology.
An internal struggle to "use the RS and get stronger for your friends, but at the cost of accepting the help from people you despise and made you suffer", "accept the changes in your body to be stronger, but at the cost of losing your emotions, that your mother sacrificed herself for you to keep?", "Does being changed means the character is no longer human? What is humanity? If he still manages to FEEL, is he still human?" These are all interesting questions that can be developed during this "mini-self-centered-arc".
I love these kinds of developments. I'm looking forward to see how Oda deals with it.
And I also like "black" more than "yellow", so I would also dig a hair color change.
But I only speak for myself. The others have their reasons that may or may not be any close to these ones.

Enlightened enough?
Do you think being emotionless=evil???
Coz i thought that evil is like you are being villain or something…but sanji is not evil he doesnt want to be like his brothers…
:zorothink:

S

Sugimoto 14

If this chapter is not huge, Yuderon is a complete fraud, remember.
Yuderon is probably a gigantic fraud anyway, but I will hope that this chapter is actually huge...
Post automatically merged:

If this chapter is not huge, Yuderon is a complete fraud, remember.
Yuderon is probably a gigantic fraud anyway, but I will hope that this chapter is actually huge...
Post automatically merged:
Well, he predicted the exact chapter of Jinbei arriving, Kaido lifting Onigashima and transferring it to the flower capital, Yamato being a girl, the exact chapter where Momo and Kaido meet face to face in their dragon forms, etc. He's definitely not a fraud but his predictions aren't totally accurate either ofc.

Status
Not open for further replies.