Zoro vs King CoC Clash?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, the feats clearly say otherwise, and 1000 Luffy had no form of superior portrayal against Rooftop Zoro. Especially not when Zoro outperformed him (quite significantly) despite having to save him several times and the other Supernova a few times.

Both the feats and portrayal favour Rooftop Zoro over 1000 Luffy.

But if you're going to ignore those 10 chapters because "Zoro cannot be stronger than Luffy at any point in the story", then there's no point in this discussion.

I'm not really interested in debating against headcanon that ignores the manga.
they forgot Hakkay right?
I wanna see how Luffy gona take Hakkay I am curios cuz this is one of the strongest if not the strongest combo attack in One Piece.

Umm what canon hype does Beckman have?
only commander alongside lucky roux and yasopp to be wanked by marines when talking about yonkos, it means marines couldn't not mention them when they were talking about the strongest in the verses. After that they said shanks' crew is balanced, facing them is like facing a wall => his commanders are closer to him than king or queen being close to kaido...

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Boundman is no fodder and Katakuri bullied him.
Barely sober Base Kaido oneshot Boundman.

Even after the Udon training, the first round of Boundman failed to do much on the Rooftop and left Luffy as a sitting duck.

I did not find Rooftop Boundman more impressive than Rooftop Zoro, and even if you did, it's undeniable that Rooftop Zoro was considerably more impressive than the very Boundman that Kaido oneshot.

King is bullying that same Zoro. Just as badly (if not worse) than the bullying Katakuri gave Boundman.

King is performing just as well as Katakuri did against a significantly stronger opponent. Power inflation really did Katakuri dirty.

Marco was able to fight against King for a good while so scales to him in some sense.

Unless you want to say something delusional like 1000 Luffy is significantly stronger than Rooftop Zoro, King (and by extension Marco) are significantly stronger than Katakuri.

The Right Hand men were simply never on the same level. Each of them would be confronted/shown off in different arcs, and the power inflation between arcs necessitates that the Right Hands shown later will be stronger than those shown earlier.

EOS Shiryu > Beckman > King > Marco > Katakuri.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
I honestly don't see this.

King's durability (can Marco actually deal any lasting damage to him when even Zoro's mightiest attacks cannot), offence (consistently overpowering Zoro), mobility (he seems to have a speed advantage in his Hybrid form) and resilience/recovery/staying power(an Ancient Zoan) means that once he starts fighting seriously he wouldn't ever be on the back foot against Marco.

Marco's fruit will make it one hell of a slog, but as he did in canon, King will eventually exhaust his regeneration.

It's going to be a battle of attrition, and King will both be dealing more damage and receiving less damage than Marco. Considering that he's also an Ancient Zoan, this is not by any stretch of the imagination, a battle that Marco can hope to win.

I don't think King craps on Marco, but it seems as if he will win somewhat comfortably (little actual damage and mostly some stamina lost).
Yes you are right about it being a battle of attrition.

I think it is very much arguable that King's durability is an active ability [unlike Kaido's passive ability] since King directly blocked the Tatsumaki. Also looking at it along with the other instances where King was hurt/bleeding from Marco's attacks and Zoro's Onigiri.

I do think there's a solid argument that other Yonko Crews don't know the abilities and the workings of their competitors - the Calamities didn't know how Marco's fruit worked initially and they sustained damage.

This lack of knowledge will especially hurt against Marco, since he can essentially eat mortally injuring attacks and attack you when you think you've injured him - case in point his Bluebird attack on King in chapter 1006. It's fully due to King not expecting Marco to lose an arm/wing and still fight on like nothing happened, IMO.

The argument for Marco is that, he figured out what King was - a Lunarian - by the end of their encounter. I don't think he figured out King's ability and its workings though. But if both Marco and King start the fight with lack of knowledge about each other's abilities, there's a good chance that Marco will eventually figure out King's ability and its workings at some point during the fight, like Zoro's going to do.

In that case, it would be a fantastic battle of attrition with Marco looking to bypass King's ability and King trying to repeatedly attack Marco and exhaust his regeneration. I do think King would slog it out in the end, but it will not be a easy battle IMO.

You can also talk about their near identical portrayal - Oda really went to great lengths to make King, the evil Marco.

Status
Not open for further replies.