Has Queen been defeated?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whiskey peak fight was always designed as a joke. It started because Luffy thought Zoro beat up people who gave him food and ended with Nami knocking them both out.

So if you use it to say Luffy = Zoro then you have to accept Nami > Luffy and Zoro combined
Okay come on man how can you construe whiskey peak as a joke but then take little garden seriously? While the reason for the fight was silly, it was still a serious confrontation. Up until Nami intervened it was pretty damn heated, with both Luffy and Zoro literally admitting that they wanted to find out who was stronger

Okay come on man how can you construe whiskey peak as a joke but then take little garden seriously? While the reason for the fight was silly, it was still a serious confrontation. Up until Nami intervened it was pretty damn heated, with both Luffy and Zoro literally admitting that they wanted to find out who was stronger
Because after little garden Oda kept the Sanji and Zoro rivalry going the whiskey peak fight fight is literally the only time Zoro and Luffy looked like a rivalry and Oda made it a joke From then on it was clear luffy was the indisputable top dog

The whiskey peak fight was always designed as a joke. It started because Luffy thought Zoro beat up people who gave him food and ended with Nami knocking them both out.

So if you use it to say Luffy = Zoro then you have to accept Nami > Luffy and Zoro combined
If you take the narrative of Luffy fighting Zoro as a joke but take Sanji/Zoro competition in Little Garden as flat out serious super duper portrayal of insane rivalry, you're just being a hypocrite.

I don't think Luffy = Sanji, I don't think Zoro = Sanji, but none of those portrayals were a joke. The first narrative was to show Zoro's closeness with Luffy during early series, the second one started the long-standing bickering and friendly rivalry between Zoro/Sanji.

Zoro/Luffy's WP interaction was never about rivalry or character, but just power defining narrative in the moment. It wasn't some trash gag scene.

Because after little garden Oda kept the Sanji and Zoro rivalry going the whiskey peak fight fight is literally the only time Zoro and Luffy looked like a rivalry and Oda made it a joke From then on it was clear luffy was the indisputable top dog
But it's not clear that Zoro is the undisputable #2?
Either way, not 1 time in the whole series have Zoro and Sanji had a legitimate brawl or serious strength contest. It is almost always just back-and-forth bickering and trying to make the other guy look bad. Luffy & Zoro have a significantly friendlier relationship than Zoro & Sanji, so there's no real reason for them to randomly break out into arguments.

Plus, Zoro & Luffy are both part of the Worst Generation, who are all collectively called "rivals" for being the top dog of the pirate world. That's a cheap argument though, so I'm not gonna go further down that road

You do realize that admirals are considered the strongest fighters in the entire world government structure and had at least equal portrayal to Mihawk during Marineford (arguably superior, since they were pitted against stronger opponents than Vista).
You do realise yonkou are considered as literally equal to the admirals in that regard? Strongest fighters in the pirate world? If anything, you just shat in your own bed with that one. they literally had equal portrayal but yonkou just turned to shit quicker bc they were relevant quicker.. idek why im bothering, admirals=yonkous and they are both fucking trash. Fuji is the only admiral i actually like and i like big mom's homies not even any of the current yonkou. fuck the yonkou and admirals. Kaido was just zoro hype for me, Shanks is a fucking fraud til proven otherwise, aidsbeard was a waste of panels half the time, Akainu literally sucks ass (highest ap DF and did nothing with it yet, he only put the hole in ace due to fucking DF superiority)
Primebeard carries the yonkou
Fuji hard carries the admirals

I dont even like powerscaling this manga, oda fucked us

If you take the narrative of Luffy fighting Zoro as a joke but take Sanji/Zoro competition in Little Garden as flat out serious super duper portrayal of insane rivalry, you're just being a hypocrite.

I don't think Luffy = Sanji, I don't think Zoro = Sanji, but none of those portrayals were a joke. The first narrative was to show Zoro's closeness with Luffy during early series, the second one started the long-standing bickering and friendly rivalry between Zoro/Sanji.

Zoro/Luffy's WP interaction was never about rivalry or character, but just power defining narrative in the moment. It wasn't some trash gag scene.
I don’t. We know the power construct of the straw hats:
Luffy > Zoro > Sanji >> all others

My initial point was when pg said that Zoro and Sanji were only compared because of “flawed doriki” and I pointed out they were first shown as Rivals in Little Garden. then franosuke said that the little garden scene didn’t make sense because of Whiskey peak.

Both are gags and both portray the power of the characters. Where Luffy is above Zoro who’s not far behind and Zoro is above Sanji who’s not far behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.