Who is the skeleton / Whats the purpose?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can defend Zoro indeed

:milaugh:reading 2 pieces where xoro is near Luffy
He's Luffy's wings with Sanji

Let him fight a top tier 1v1 or 2v1 more than 15 min even not land 1 blow and faint.a mere quick clash
Thays not a fight since ashura just one attack
Midd fainted against a steel beam in this chapter, idk if he lasted those 15 minutes that you keep talking about.:kobeha:

So my personal opinion overall so far about BM vs Kid and Law since chapter 1029. Idk how you guys feel about it but well... when King vs Zoro happen, I feel the tension and also the feats are pretty great,King throw him out of Onigashima, showing the insane power of a Ancient Zoan or Zoro using leaked Adv CoC in powerfull attacks or Sanji using hell memories or Beef burst, making such a insane impact that Queen got throw out or Onigashima. For high tier battles this was what I really expect and want, great feats in terms of destrucitve attack and visual aspect.

When I imagine ever a Top tier going all out, I use Whitebeard as example, he was a beast in marineford, what Akainu and Aokiji did in PH was also beastly, Roger and Whitebeard just shake the whole Island + Ocean just by a adv CoC clash. And as large right now the intensive and great battle with Luffy and Kaido who looks visual fantastic, has lot of tension and great build up, splitting a fucking sky and still didn't go all out. When I see these battles as like Kaido vs Luffy, I can feel and see a top tier battle, that is what I always imagine for such a high class top fighter. Now see Big mom vs Kid and Law.. We can all agree it kinda feel poor in terms of writing,at most the visual thing is pretty low in my opinion.

I can't feel the impact of the attacks as I did with Kaido vs Luffy, the attacks looking so far just "normal" , far away from giving me visual wise the feeling that Top tiers fighting each other. I'm be honest, seeing Kaido above with his feats and then Big mom right now,it feels really like BM beeing just a high tier, in fact that King even show far more destructive power attacks then a fucking Yonkou. Zoro was send across the island... but a Yonkou like Big mom still fight in a castle with poor feats, far away in terms of showing class like Whitebeard and Kaido. I don't get the feeling like three top tiers fighting to each other.

Law skills work pretty well, but in terms of visual aspect I don't feel Kid attacks, I don't know if Oda just drew them awful or what ever,but Sanji with his Beef Burst feels far more dangerous in terms of the visual aspect as Kid attacks... Im be honest, the fight is not really good drew, closing a Yonkou like BM in the castle, giving her rest room kinda did her not good, it give you the feeling that the moving in terms of feats far behind Kaido and Whitebeard. I don't get the feeling in her battle that we seeing right now a Yonkou, overall I don't get any tension.. the fight looks soo lackluster... Idk really know, are you guys feel similar thing about the battle and BM and Kid portrayal or do you been fine about it?
yes kidd&Law vs Big Mom fight sucks (I dont wanna shit on any of this characters but on Oda).
We miss so many dinamics panel in which both side are continuing the action a prolongue clash that aint just a double spread panel (cheap move after they lost a fight).....I wanna see real clash like king vs Zoro when they clashed in swordmanship. There were so many occasion of direct clash in that fight that made it much better than queen vs sanji . Even that fight had more clashes than Kidd&Law vs Big Mom.
I dont think this fight will get a lot more stuff done, so is really a meh fight no matter the result of it.
Even the dialogue are all over the place.......Oda could have left this 2 fighting Kaido and taking Big Mom out of Wano for other reason.
This arc would gain in points a lot points

G

Gorosei Informer

One piece strong point was its world and adventure...which we experienced most in Pre time skip. I mean a pirate series needs to have a proper mystery adventure that pirates are actively looking into. Naruto had its ninja stuff + shounen, FT had its magic stuff, Bleach has its shinigami's...but one piece doesn't even put pirate stuff into the plot much... it's just a shounen right now and someone saying it's a pirates show will be a joke... I mean everyone could be a mountain bandit for all I care and it wouldn't matter.
Its strong point i.e. the lore is not even concentrated much... especially the main characters. We had skypeia so I know it is capable of using the characters for a good adventure which feels like a pirate adventure....but what we have is For ex. Sanji who became a "pirate" to find All Blue and never uttered a word about it. :lawsigh:.. it had probably took the bad route long time back.
Completely agree, it feel more like a fantastical, magical, jack of all trades/include everything sort of series now. We still have Laugh Tale and the One Piece but we also have Will of D, Void Century, Imu, Xebec and Rocks Pirates, Poneglyphs ,Joyboy, Ancient Weapons, new races, prophecies, potential supernatural elements, the moon and so on, its overwhelming.

I really miss the initial vibes of OP where we started with Roo killed a bandit with no hesitation and the tone was so much more different, simpler but a lot more depth and consistent too.

I've had how the series didn't really go all in on the pirate stuff too. What Oda has done is really unique, creative, details, wondrous and such but it hasn't felt like a pirate series for a lot of it too. It does seem like he's doing his own personal takes on pirate stuff though here and there throughout so that is fine too, even if its not what i expected and hoped for.

Skypeia is legit the most adventurous and fun arc, I'm always glad to see people point it out and praise it for that and shaming Skypeia skippers or those who call it "filler" or that it sucks and such. Skypeia felt like the "most One Piece" arc there was. WCI was probably the 2nd most for me.

Yeah, Oda has this thing of making characters "pirates" or "bandits" as a means to serve their goals or just being labelled as that by the WG or so, rather than them wanting to be pirates and such and find that underwhelming and annoying.

I was so happy for Oda to bring up All Blue at FMI even though it was a gag moment. I still hope Sanji gets to live that dream somehow but we'll have to wait and see.

Yeah I think so, when the Warlords and Supernovas weren't planned and had to be added in and the Yonkos were the main original focus of OP, that says a lot tbh. I do really wonder if Imu, Xebec and thus Rocks Pirates es were always planned or added in later at some point too.

Sanji is so different post TS but I hope Oda goes back to focusing on him being a chef, the All Blue dream and Zeff as he should. We saw him refer to his vs Queen of course and with him destroying the raid suit, there is hope.

In a way, it might be a blessing that other SHs have a lot less known about them then we should know, that they aren't fleshed out as much as Sanji is. I'm very divided on Sanji but I really loved how he was pre TS, he was my fave SH and character and I kept wanting and asking for more for him but I think I should have been satisfied with what we had and just embraced and accepted it.

All this Germa stuff is very interesting but I feel its too much in some ways, that it could have been saved for another character and that Sanji was fine as he was. if Sanji was the main protagonist it would make more sense, he has FAR more backstory than Luffy on-screen somehow! Although Luffy might get a lot more (lol I said a lore more by accident, kinda fitting) once Dragon and Garp get their focus finally ofc.

I might just be too stuck on the nostalgia for early/pre TS One Piece too but I do feel it was better. Post TS is a lot more flashier, spectacular, convoluted and that's not entirely a good thing either ofc. It's amazing to look at, on the surface, but it's a complete mess beneath that, not as "stunningly beautiful" deep down imo.

Arcs got way too big, too dragged out, WAY too many characters, far too many plotlines, way too big a scale and so on. It just harming the series and its roots, its origins in the long run imo.

Look at him, still talking about Zoro lmao
Even when the Chapter is about Kid & others, they still can't help but talk about Zoro Non-Stop
It's pathetic tbh
Nope you guys started talking about zoro
Bashing Kidd to hype zoro

Stop trying to make it seem as Kidd fans are writing to cope

You yourself already wrote about zoro being better than them in your post I quote

Funny enough

Lol zoro fans are somehow
N

Don't be so salty. I also said he won't last more than ten minutes. He totally pulls it off because his AP is just that good and BM and Kaido are that bad at evading attacks.
Dude you thought i was serious?
I guess I nailed the Zoro fan impersonation pretty well

But yeah i agree ith you 100%
Post automatically merged:

I was doing my Zoro fan impression
What would you rate it out of 10?

But nah sanji gets blitzed and battered this coming from a Sanji fan

Don't be so salty. I also said he won't last more than ten minutes. He totally pulls it off because his AP is just that good and BM and Kaido are that bad at evading attacks.

His attacks now far stronger.
Lol forgetting that Luffy, Law and Kidd attacks are also far stronger

So if before he didn't do much , he's not doing better than SN trio either

At best he scars BM or kaido again and they fall off their feet this time.

It isn't Big mom but rather in my opinion Oda who fail to show her true power. I mean Base Big mom, clash with Kaido,split the sky(without adv CoC) and shake the Island yet stronger and op Big Mom showing feats right now who are not even half of what she did in early. The problem overall is Oda, making underwhelmed pages about the battle.

Cheography, Visual and Impactful attacks are not seen in this chapter, Blackbeard vs Ace had great visual and impactful attacks.

Kid attacks looking pretty strong for damaging Big mom, but I miss the impactful effect of the attack.

I don't have problem with Big mom,in fact she tanking lot of strong attacks, I just miss the attacks who literally shake the island, having huge DC feats and showing Big mom Top Tier attacks.
He literally drew her blowing another hole through the castle a couple of chapters ago

His attacks now far stronger.
I don't think it's a issue that they bad at dodging attacks . ( like in this chapter she turn her back on law and paid the price plus it 2 on 1 )
Kaido like to take hits but he can dodge and counter when he ready .
Like the whole last chapter about him doing another style of fighting .

Status
Not open for further replies.