Did Kanjuro Kill Big Mom?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oda was really emphasising their rivalry at Udon and Kidd was showing attacking Bullet simultaneously with Luffy and doing a similar sort of attack to Luffy, from the parallel direction to Luffy and such.
Him and Luffy have been portrayed like that for fanart vs Kaido for years now even but as much as I hate to admit it, Oda seems to want to make Kidd the sort of Moria to Luffy's generation? Kaido didn't break Kidd's will but Kidd struggling to get the same kind of feats and Ws as Luffy has and is severely an underdog compared to him. Just comparing what has happened to Luffy post TS especially post WCI and in this arc is ABSURD alone but Luffy also has made so many POWERFUL allies along the way and has been blessed the most by plot armour, screentime and such as the MC too ofc.

Honestly I felt a bit of Kidd's behaviour has been odd at Wano, well him being all bloated and goofy like Oda and behaving as he did at Udon vs that hippoman guy and such. Maybe I'm overthinking it but I really didn't like that. It was really disturbing to see Kidd swollen up like that as Luffy was too and deflating himself in the same way as well. Way too out of character for me, way too disorienting.

Luffy has WAY superior use of his DF from the beginning and that's one of the biggest things that drew me to him so much and impressed me with him and made me like him so much. Luffy always stood out for those reasons because he genuinely is "built different", he thinks and acts like barely any others out there. He's most similar to Roger ofc but he still has his own unique qualities and thus differences to him ofc too.

Oda is definitely biased towards Law like he is with Luffy, Law is really popular with female readers but also a lot of male readers too and I think Oda must have realised this a long time ago and thats why he focused on Law so much. As Rayan pointed out in their Bruno vs Law thread earlier, Law is very similar to Bruno and most likely was heavily influenced by him too. Bruno is very well beloved in the Jojo community for those not familiar and Law does feel like the Bruno of OP now I think about it that definitely helped draw me to Law even further even though I knew of Law way before Bruno ironically lmao.

I vainly believed Kidd would get the same kind of love from Oda as Law did, the same screentime, development and multi arc storyline but Oda has been really lackluster with him and I'm genuinely furiously huffing on copium that this is just the warm up, the start for Kidd like Law with Punk Hazard and Kidd will really amaze us down the line in later arcs somehow, by some miracle almost even.

I'e always felt aside from Wano, that the Shanks arc would be most important for Kidd especially but Kidd wants to be PK too, he's a direct contender and he's said himself he doesn't want alliances and to trust anymore especially after what Apoo did to him and his failed alliance that was always doomed to fail and was just a trap all along thanks to Apoo and Kaido ofc.

The other Kidd fans have far stronger resolve and thus belief than I do and I find it so very admirable, they share his relentless tenacity and aren't so doomer/cynical as I am, so defeated as I am.
If it wasn't for Sanji's storyline this arc of all things as well as what we did get with Kidd*, I would have given up him entirely maybe. There's underdogs and then there's just characters who the authors will never truly let succeed especially compared to their golden child MCs and I've seen far too much of that shit over many years with characters I adored and had interest in with other series like Bleach, Naruto and even yes Fairy Tail for example especially. They were so NOTORIOUS for this sigh. Damn Shonen writing or w/e....

*(with him having awakening, doing some cool but ultimately more for show than actual impact moves and such, flashiness/style over substance as he is a meathead/bruiser/brawler but without the same kind of combat intelligence and creativity as Luffy which is extremely frustrating)

Law is just completely broken as fuck with his DF, I already thought he was at Punk Hazard lmfao but this is INSANITY! Virtual Insanity even!

At least Law is meant to be extremely intelligent as per his character role and such but it's still frustrating that Oda has such immense creativity but won't or can't express it with Kidd too. I loved his giant flying golem mech thing and the bull as well as his awakening doing what I wanted it to BUT it really feels like Oda is just using Kidd and Franky to fulfil his longtime dreams of making a mecha manga after OP was done and thus his love of mechas and such ofc.

Bullet in Stampede showed me what the potential of Kidd could be, I've not seen the full film yet but he felt like what Kidd is meant to be, a superior version of him and time will tell if Oda will let him be that way or not. Bullet seemed to be a massive meathead funnily enough too, I'd love Kidd to be smarter/more creative, maybe in-between Luffy and Law or so?

Or if nothing else, just give him some real fucking Ws and feats Oda, not even letting him any real fights on-screen until now, no actual solo Wins never mind against a Yonko commander too! Sigh....

And Morj has made a video saying Kid is gonna be Yonko post Wano which has been my hope and belief for him for MANY years, that Kid will be a Yonko/an Emperor in time but at this point, it might be a title given prematurely much like Luffy's especially. Not as prematurely as Luffy's but still.

I'm rambling so damn much lol. This chapter has affected me so much and I'm at a point where I don't know how to feel. Angry? Disappointed? Fed up? Apathy? Relieved as BM is supposedly down and has been declared defeated? Some vain Hopium and semblance of Joy?

Fuck man, I really though this was the massive turnaround for Kidd and he would have a prosperous future finally, the truly massive underdog's comeback but nah, Oda can't allow that right? It's similar to how Oda is writing his female characters as usual. Given Bonney feels like a female version of Luffy and Kidd combined as well as maybe some others like Sanji for example, I can only imagine the extreme downplaying he will do for her, with all those factors lmao.

I had so many ideas, so many hopes, so many wishes for the Supernovas, theories, ambitions and such. But damn it really feels like Oda doesn't know what to do with them aside from Luffy, Law and Zoro? Maybe Killer too? Capone was great at WCI and such too, I enjoyed his writing and character a lot though. I heard they were designed last minute, a last minute demand and he designed them in only 3 hours so that explains a lot, they were unplanned then too and had to be forcefully fitted in too so that will never help either ofc.

Kidd has done some impressive stuff here imo but he is so ultimately overshined by Luffy and Law, it's not even funny for us Kidd fans, it's just frustrating and disappointing. I'm extremely glad the railgun is real, not just a fantasy anymore along with his awakening and seeing his massive creations and fighting Yonkos but I'm still left underwhelmed, feeling shallow/empty thanks to Oda holding back with him and not letting him get what he truly should have gotten.
I think it's time for us to accept the character is done, will save you the anguish.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
She had a dud Zeus on one hand, and Marco on the other. How was she going to KO him with no free hands?

If Nami didn't fuck up her homies, Marco gets one shot.
So if Marco is so strong that the lack of one home can prevent Big Mom from defeating him, then where does the whole "Big Mom is light years away from Marco" argument is coming from?

Now that this conclude Im actually in awe.

Law Kid vs big mom is most def my favorite fight so far, and Im not really a fight brain.

This should be far far from a fight that I enjoy (the one full of layers,undertone, emotion like luffy vs kat), but everything regarding the tag team, power dynamic, and pacing was superb imho. The continuity and the environment are also to be praised.

Go reread Onigashima or the roof top again and you'll come to the realisation yourself, lazy prick 😂
So nothing, stop pushing random nonsense as fact. Kids portrayal itself enough to let u know “you” need a bunch of rereading. Law>YCs. Law>~Kid it’s not Rocket science

Obviously, this doesn't mean Marco is as strong as BM but it does mean something.
So actually panel evidence that was never said. Ur so hurt ur not even reading properly anymore. That’s the King of feats D Law affect y’all. One of his favs Zboi, clearly inferior by mile. So he’s copin the best he can. YC=Yonko
:lulz:

So nothing, stop pushing random nonsense as fact. Kids portrayal itself enough to let u know “you” need a bunch of r

So actually panel evidence that was never said. Ur so hurt ur not even reading properly anymore. That’s the King of feats D Law affect y’all. One of his favs Zboi, clearly inferior by mile. So he’s copin the best he can. YC=Yonko
:lulz:

I'm not putting in the effort to school you, school your fucking self bro.
:usoprice:

G

Gorosei Informer

Yeah I know, I need to touch grass or something lol.

I didn't want to post anywhere near as much as this but as usual I get carried away, I start remembering other things and that's it.

This arc is fucking me up even way more than Dressrosa ever could hope to and Dressrosa almost near finished me off! Dressrosa was over by now I'm sure too, about 2 years long. 2.5 max I think? 120 chapters I think?

I cannot deal with another arc like this at all. I wish I had the future sight to know if this is gonna happen again lmao. Fuck Wano or even @Fuckthis3 Wano even.

We were 80-85% done with OP story apparently at beginning of Wano or so if I remember right, so I really hope things just speed up and Wano is the last big arc.

Oda needs to keep things shorter and simpler for our sakes and his especially too. I've complained about authors and such not doing enough before but this is the inverse of that ironically! Plus manga authors do have to work like hell ofc anyway!

:josad::goatasure:

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Bolding your letters won't change anything, mate. I literally just described what Big Mom herself said and denying it is what makes it a lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.