Anime & Manga General OP Shipping Thread

Nami cared and worried for Sanji in Zou/WCI, you don't need to be a shipper to see. I'm not SaNa at all but no problem admitting it.
Although if anyone think this is actually a proof of Nami having feelings, then he/she never paid much attention to her character. Despite her "cold/bossy" image as, when it comes to actualy serious matters she always one of the first worry when a crewmate is in a bad situation.
i agree with this but my point stands she thinks about what luffy thinks on zou and wci too

Doesn't change the fact that Nami's debate started those thoughts before he made it official that he was going. And even when he made it official he wanted to stay back and chill and Nami told him they should head out and take her with him. Nami was the most determines person in gearing Luffy's decision to go and I don't really think that's arguable
shes being the serious one thats nami character the straight man she takes the crew seriously and concerns too it does matter because when she gave up on sanji luffy did not remember that luffy already had that in his head and remember zoro and luffy aren't guys known for their incredible reasoning skills

shes being the serious one thats nami character the straight man she takes the crew seriously and concerns too it does matter because when she gave up on sanji luffy did not remember that luffy already had that in his head and remember zoro and luffy aren't guys known for their incredible reasoning skills
enelminemreborn..... I know you....
You were on Brago's discord weren't you

Doesn't change the fact that Nami's debate started those thoughts before he made it official that he was going. And even when he made it official he wanted to stay back and chill and Nami told him they should head out and take her with him. Nami was the most determines person in gearing Luffy's decision to go and I don't really think that's arguable
Except they weren’t. Luffy didn’t understand what was happening until Pekoms told him. It was Pekoms, not Nami, that changed Luffy’s mind. Just like it was Pekoms, not Nami, that changed Zoro’s. Nami was concerned, but to say that she was any more concerned than anybody else, including Chopper and Brook, and especially Luffy, is utterly false.

What do Luffy and Zoro not being reasonable have to do with Nami being the primary factor in Luffy deciding to go? Also Brook and Chopper were not as passionate as to bring up the situation. The most they did was bring up minor remarks that weren't really essential to the discourse. Nami was the one behind the whole thing.

Except they weren’t. Luffy didn’t understand what was happening until Pekoms told him. It was Pekoms, not Nami, that changed Luffy’s mind. Just like it was Pekoms, not Nami, that changed Zoro’s. Nami was concerned, but to say that she was any more concerned than anybody else, including Chopper and Brook, and especially Luffy, is utterly false.
They were concerned but they were not as passionate as to bring him back
Against that debate on the croc on the way to Nekomushi was being carried by Nami. Brook was singing about Nekomamushi for like 85% of the time and really had one exposition bubble. Chopper talked back at zoro once and that's it. When Pekoms was info dumping Nami was right there next to Luffy eaging him on to go there. And again Nami was the first one to bring up that they should go then and not party (Also the first person from the SHs to volunteer to help Luffy)

What do Luffy and Zoro not being reasonable have to do with Nami being the primary factor in Luffy deciding to go? Also Brook and Chopper were not as passionate as to bring up the situation. The most they did was bring up minor remarks that weren't really essential to the discourse. Nami was the one behind the whole thing.
huh as i said nami is the straight man when the crew says something or doesnt about something nami checks them out shes always vocal also reasoning=resolving thats what i mean they dont think about what they're saying or doing even if they act luffy is easily influenced aswell zoro acts tough and acts as if he hates sanji but he doesnt also again they both trust in sanji capability to get out of the situation hes in without thinking about the fact that its a yonko crew that invited him

They were concerned but they were not as passionate as to bring them back
Against that debate on the croc on the way to Nekomushi was being carried by Nami. Brook was singing about Nekomamushi and really had one exposition bubble. Chopper talked back at zoro once and that's it. When Pekoms was info dumping Nami was Rocky there next to Luffy eaging him on there. And again Nami was the first one to bring up that they should go then and not party (Also the first person from the SHs to volunteer to help Luffy)
That’s not true. She wasn’t any more passionate about it than the rest, they wanted to go just as much. The reason Nami was highlighted is the same reason Zoro was, because those two are the two most important people in the crew besides Luffy. This is why their arguments were highlighted against each other. This is why their arguments were highlighted against each other when Usopp was trying to rejoin the crew. This is why they were the most prominently featured in the discussion about Robin on top of the roof in W7. Oda tells the story of the crew through, Luffy, Zoro, and Nami. They are the three “triggers” of the story. They are Luffy’s two chief advisors. This has been long established, and why they get more focus when it comes to important matters.

You said that Nami was the most important factor in Luffy going. You were wrong. Even after she told Luffy the story, he still wasn’t sure. It wasn’t until Pekoms told Luffy what it really meant that he resolved to go. It was Pekoms, not Luffy.

huh as i said nami is the straight man when the crew says something or doesnt about something nami checks them out shes always vocal also reasoning=resolving thats what i mean they dont think about what they're saying or doing even if they act luffy is easily influenced aswell zoro acts tough and acts as if he hates sanji but he doesnt also again they both trust in sanji capability to get out of the situation hes in without thinking about the fact that its a yonko crew that invited him
Again I don't know what Zoro has to do with this and Nami stated one of her reasons to go was personal "I feel responsible". She started feeling guilty when she got down and messed up Sanji's leverage over Bege when they squared off

Again I don't know what Zoro has to do with this and Nami stated one of her reasons to go was personal "I feel responsible". She started feeling guilty when she got down and messed up Sanji's leverage over Bege when they squared off
what do you mean shes angry at them for not taking the matter seriously its clearly depicted by the face of annoyance and the dialogue its perfectly justifiable for her reacting this way zoro is involved in the scene in a collective sense nami is guilty but here its just pure anger shes the straight man of the crew thats her hole character basically summed up she reacted the same with usopp

what do you mean shes angry at them for not taking the matter seriously its clearly depicted by the face of annoyance its perfectly justifiable for her reacting this way zoro is involved in the scene in a collective sense nami is guilty but here its just pure anger shes the straight man of the crew thats her hole character basically summed up she reacted the same with usopp
also its not only personal she feels bad for luffy and how powerless she was in that situation luffy felt the same way when the sh got one shotted by kuma nami has her reasons but that scene was playing off of how zoro and luffy doesnt get what the big deal is its not like oh my god wahh sanji is gone i miss him so mucch boo hooo guys lets save him dont make the scene deeper than it already is :lusalty:

Last edited:
That’s not true. She wasn’t any more passionate about it than the rest, they wanted to go just as much. The reason Nami was highlighted is the same reason Zoro was, because those two are the two most important people in the crew besides Luffy. This is why their arguments were highlighted against each other. This is why their arguments were highlighted against each other when Usopp was trying to rejoin the crew. This is why they were the most prominently featured in the discussion about Robin on top of the roof in W7. Oda tells the story of the crew through, Luffy, Zoro, and Nami. They are the three “triggers” of the story. They are Luffy’s two chief advisors. This has been long established, and why they get more focus when it comes to important matters.

You said that Nami was the most important factor in Luffy going. You were wrong. Even after she told Luffy the story, he still wasn’t sure. It wasn’t until Pekoms told Luffy what it really meant that he resolved to go. It was Pekoms, not Luffy.
Again all Brook did was spew exposition that wasn't really important to to the argument. Chopper was the second most involved in the debate and he had a one word clapback and didn't bother continuing. Nami was the main factor and no, her being more important does not act as an excuse for them barely doing anything. Again at the party Nami was the first to bring it up. She felt the most troubled with the situation and it is shown by her doing the most about it

I mean that's basically how the scenario started at the end of 806 lol
thats how it started not how it ended again this panel can be twisted both ways luffy and nami so happy to see him she could of hugged anyone but it was important so she confided in luffy not anyone else thats because she thinks about what he thinks. or you the sana case she cares about sanji alot

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
>tfw color walk revealed that only real interaction (feodal japan one) in that reaching maxxing collage was Nami acting so she can steal after.

You are talking to the wrong guy. I have 0 interest in ships, scratch that, it's actually below zero. A quick google search of Sanji and Nami colour spread led me to that picture. The reason why I posted it was mainly as banter, mainly directed at the Luffy fans. I couldn't care less if it's Sanji x Nami, Luffy x Nami, Luffy x Sanji, Luffy x Sanji x Nami, or anyone else for that matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
thats how it started not how it ended again this panel can be twisted both ways luffy and nami so happy to see him she could of hugged anyone but it was important so she confided in luffy not anyone else thats because she thinks about what he thinks. or you the sana case she cares about sanji alot
Well for one Luffy is the captain. And is for it being interpreted in a different way I don't see that at all because because as soon as she hugged him Zoro immediately noticed something was off about it in the next panel then Nami apologizes and starts talking about Sanji.

She hugged Luffy because he's her emotional anchor, she also cried to Luffy when Robin left with the sea train. And yes Nami does care about sanji but that's neither new nor exclusive :

You are talking to the wrong guy. I have 0 interest in ships, scratch that, it's actually below zero. A quick google search of Sanji and Nami colour spread led me to that picture. The reason why I posted it was mainly as banter, mainly directed at the Condom fans. I couldn't care less if it's Sanji x Nami, Luffy x Nami, Luffy x Sanji, Luffy x Sanji x Nami, or anyone else for that matter.
I know you just wanted to banter, I just took the occasion to banter back :wellwell:

Well for one Luffy is the captain. And is for it being interpreted in a different way I don't see that at all because because as soon as she hugged him Zoro immediately noticed something was off about it in the next panel then Nami apologizes and starts talking about Sanji.
its not just a captain thing it is but its not just that they could of all talked about this collectively they have a more openly relationship like friends rather than captain and crewmate she confides in luffy thats why the hug was so impactful she felt terrible and did not know how to face the captain