General & Others Why do Sanji fans want Sanji to be like Zoro?

:choppawhat:

The sanji vs king was just people expecting something new rather than the same stuff oda has been repeatedly doing for over 20 years

Also
Black suit guy who controls fire and can fly vs black suit guy who controls fire and can fly

How can you not see it?

And people were theorizing about sanji getting coc ever since he was revealed to be royalty
And Oda did something new by making Zoro fight King while Sanji fought Queen.

In all other similar situations Sanji was the one who fought the second strongest villain in the arc, while Zoro fought the third strongest.
And I'm not considering the cases in which one of them had just a 2vs1 or didn't even have a full fight in the arc.

So this is the first time that Zoro got to fight the second strongest and Sanji fought the third strongest, though it was compensated by the fact that Sanji had the upper hand the entire fight, while King was the one who the upper hand in his fight with Zoro until Zoro finally surpassed him in the end after much struggle. Besides the fact that Zoro had some help from Franky in the fight.

Last edited:
When Oda created Sanji he didn't think about how to develop his dream, it's not like Sanji jumps into the sea and swims until he finds All Blue. With each fight of Zoro he is directly closer to his dream getting stronger and stronger, but Oda has no way of developing this direct build towards Sanji's dream. This doesn't just happen to him, it happens to Nami, Franky and etc.

So all these characters ended up turning into honorary fighters. Their most important activities are as fighters and not with their respective roles.

Let's take the example of Sanji which is the topic. His main function should be to feed his teammates, but SH separates and his function is not necessary. In Dressrosa, their captain eats the local food, so when the WCI happens, others of his teammates go to Wano and Sanji's food doesn't need it either, Zoro manages to keep eating sick lizards, the others eat something in the capital and etc.

So Sanji, who was the cook, is now a fighter, his main contribution to the crew is the fight, we've already seen that if he doesn't cook the crew can keep going, but if he doesn't fight the crew has an embezzlement.

And here we come to their answer, they want Sanji to be like Zoro because Zoro is the one who contributes the most to the crew as a fighter, so Sanji is erased. As his function, which should be the main one, is poorly treated, it's only left for him to fight, but Zoro takes the focus away.

Zoro was one of only two people who managed to tag Kaido and did so without Coc, which makes him even grander, but for the Sanji fan who can only cling to the expectation of him excelling as a fighter it's almost an offense, Sanji is portrayed as the closest to achieving Zoro's power in the crew, but even then he's far away and it bothers them because he's already been abandoned in his lead role.

I think every month I see at least one post with this same question on this forum.

Well anyway, they probably don't want Sanji to become Zoro, but they probably want him to become the strongest after Luffy.
Nope.
We want people to recognize that Sanji Is almost as good as Zoro as a fighter (Luffy >> Zoro > Sanji with Sanji and Zoro being the closest in the crew) and also shares a similar role and importance (Wings of the PK, something I debated even before this title came out, Curly Hat pirates etc.) but Is better written than Marimo.
No one denies Zoro having the upper hand.
Role and combat wise Zoro Is a Sanji+ not a Luffy-

I love when this question is brought up. As readers we're constantly told of important figures amongst pirates and traits they share. Zoro shares a lot of these traits and his potential is pretty clear, but Sanji doesn't. He doesn't want to be a conqueror, he's a person who likes caring for others and serving them food when they're hungry. Being put on a throne doesn't suit him, which some of his fans appreciate, while others think that Sanji can only be successful if he does what Zoro and Luffy do, so they perform mental gymnastics until they've convinced themselves that Sanji can/should/will gain fame individually, like them. If there's ever a hint that Sanji could get a real title like PK or WSS, his fans would jump on it.

Also, an obvious one is that without being able to fight, Sanji isn't that useful as far as providing entertainment goes, and would feel more like the rest of the crew. I feel like that's a big reason for Sanjifans' desires for Sanji to develop his haki instead of weapon/science enhancements.
The sanji vs king was just people expecting something new rather than the same stuff oda has been repeatedly doing for over 20 years
Yet there are so many Sanji fans who argue ZKK because he isn't the MC and killing Kaido would ruin the status quo, it's a shame

Nope.
We want people to recognize that Sanji Is almost as good as Zoro as a fighter (Luffy >> Zoro > Sanji with Sanji and Zoro being the closest in the crew) and also shares a similar role and importance (Wings of the PK, something I debated even before this title came out, Curly Hat pirates etc.) but Is better written than Marimo.
No one denies Zoro having the upper hand.
Role and combat wise Zoro Is a Sanji+ not a Luffy-
Speak for yourself.
I want people to recognize that all the three are almost equal, and that Sanji is actually superior to Zoro, since Sanji's feats are clearly superior.