Who will defeat Kaido?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way people are writing you would think Oda is just completely contradicting established information. This change is essentially aesthetic in nature. Luffy still has all the properties and abilities of the Gum Gum fruit. And his awakening is a continuation of that. Him having some mythical fruit isnt changing anything except for the name lol bascially. We've seen zoans function as essentially paramecia and we've seen zoans awaken unconsciously (Crocodile said as much in Impel Down). Unless this fruit allows Luffy to do something completetly foreign from the concept, this suddenly being a rare fruit means nothing

The government failing to capture Luffy isnt really going back on anything we haven't known. When have they earnestly had a chance to capture him and didnt? People bringing up the war like people were just letting him walk free lol.
yeah idk what the fuck is going on and its psycho to make a mythical zoan for a god that doesnt exist in real life folklore and is someone oda just made up, but he seems to still be rubber. whatevers going on with nika he was a rubber man somehow.

nika has the same smoke stuff around the shoulders w no haki use. so hes going hybrid mode and this is full zoan mode.
hybrid mode that requires haki to go into ? I dont think so
g4 is entirely based off luffy's creativity with his df.

again you are trying to rationalize something that needs to be explained by the author.
will laugh if this isnt an awakening but a full zoan form

K!NG HARA$H!MA

Hustlerversity Graduate
The government failing to capture Luffy isnt really going back on anything we haven't known. When have they earnestly had a chance to capture him and didnt? People bringing up the war like people were just letting him walk free lol.
Akainu tried to his best to kill but many got his way, like I said it's not the lack trying. Pretty much everyone tried to kill Luffy even arguably Mihawk himself

Realistically speaking do you think Oda is really going to provide a satisfying explanation?
No, Like it's clear that oda is trying to wrap things up...all this Nika/DF stuff happened in such a short period of time in this raid only but is supposed to be some kind of world-changing event...Maybe he did have good plans...maybe not(as no foreshadowing done).

While I appreciate the effort spoiler providers take in giving us these early previews, they seem to be as out of touch as Oda is with the audience and what would be genuinely surprising or novel. The only thing people might not have predicted is the Zoan thing and it is stupid as hell. Just make Luffy a special paramecia if you have to give him a Jesus fruit. That way he can genuinely be a foil to Blackbeard and have a silly fruit, albeit with unique properties.

I’m more interested in what Oda isn’t showing. Zoro missing from the reactions, Oda refusing to reveal whether he died or not and the fact that Toki’s prophecy has yet to come true. Gear 5 is… meh. Only hardcore Luffy cock gobblers and casuals really care.

Status
Not open for further replies.