Who will defeat Kaido?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
R.I.P. GOMU GOMU NO.

After reading the spoilers, and thereafter the comments I have mixed feelings.

On one hand, the very reason we fell in love with Luffy is that his greatest strength was his character and his will, which made his "mediocre" devil fruit appear even stronger. The entirety of One Piece is based on "if you want it bad enough, you'll get it". Redesigning the entirety of Luffy's powers by revealing that all along he had a different Devil Fruit (and a Mythical Zoan at that) which (as signs suggest) is probably overpowered is in contrast with the concept. Luffy winning fights as a paramecia rubber fruit user is much more enjoyable than him going Goku mode. So the phrase "Gomu Gomu No" we have so strongly associated with Luffy is wrong?

On the other hand, it might be too soon to judge anything but for now, I stand with the first part of my comment.
I doubt it changes much, Luffy should be stronger with it for sure but doesnt seem to be any super overpowered thus far based on leaked images.

Looking at it this honestly feels like a retcon. No let me take that back it IS a retcon. Like luffy having such a special df that’s actually a mythical zoan up until this point had not been hinted at for the very least and we know the gorosei been known about this same said fruit which dispels the notion that shanks told them about the fruit but somehow up until this point they didn’t do anything to luffy even though he had been a threat since pre timeskip?? That’s bad tbh. So you wait till when he’s a threat strong enough to face the king of beasts kaido before you go after him? Doesn’t make a lick of sense to me. Although I’ll give oda credit for making the retcon not interfere w modern plot lines and such. However, it creates a thread of inconsistencies..inconsistencies as it pertains to luffys devil fruit and it’s importance, possible plot holes and unexplained plots as well. The form looks cool though!

Guys I don’t know if you have the same opinion or not but hear me out;

So Luffy reached the realization that his fruit isn’t rubber but something else, which means he doesn’t require “air” to inflate and deflate, he can simply achieve that by thinking it in a split second, so even without this new Nika mode his base form is now even more powerful than even his Gear 4 that fought Kaido and that’s because due to the current realization his Gear 4 move set becomes automatically part of his base form completely eliminating the Gear 4 time limit because now instead of going gear 4 he can simply inflate specific muscle groups to perform the gear 4 moves while the rest of his body remains in base.

In conclusion, Luffy is now more powerful than any current Yonko because his base form can fight equally with a Yonko for a significant amount of time saving his Nika mode(gear5) towards the conclusion of the fight

ZKK schizoids have disappeared I see..
Good riddance.
The confidence they had in thinking they understand Oda's storytelling, was through the roof.
We are still hanging on confident that Luffy will never kill a major opponent like he never did because that's not his combat philosophy but to break their spirit:cheers:

Can't say I am too excited about this devil fruit change, but then Oda probably planned it all from the beginning and the SBS answer was just so he could hide it as long as he wanted. The sad part is that the Gorosei are saying that the Zoan fruits have a will of their own which I do not like in this case, it somehow means that they are affecting in some way the original personality of the user. If it was something like the sword personality thing it would be okay, that is somewhat of a recurring theme in shonens, the battle to overcome the wild personality of one's self or a weapon etc.

It would have been okay if it was just a spirit/will of the Zoan or the devil inside the fruit has a personality etc., my problem is with the possibility that devil fruit somehow managed to escape the clutches of the WG by virtue of its own will.

I just hope and believe that Oda always wanted Luffy to have this fruit and this is not sort of a retcon to defeat Kaido. With awakening and gear 5 and mastery of all types of Haki I don't think there is anymore powerup left that we know which Luffy can get. We are properly in the endgame now and Oda had planned the ending from the very start.

What happens next? Luffy solos Kaido now (hopefully) but then the final opponent can only be BB or Im who are even more powerful than Kaido (what powerup will Luffy require then).

Looking at it this honestly feels like a retcon. No let me take that back it IS a retcon. Like luffy having such a special df that’s actually a mythical zoan up until this point had not been hinted at for the very least and we know the gorosei been known about this same said fruit which dispels the notion that shanks told them about the fruit but somehow rip until this point they didn’t do anything to luffy even though he had been a threat since pre timeskip?? That’s bad tbh. So you wait till when he’s a threat strong enough to face the king of beasts kaido before you go after him? Doesn’t make a lick of sense to me. Although I’ll give oda credit for making the retcon not interfere w modern plot lines and such. However, it creates a thread of inconsistencies..inconsistencies as it pertains to luffys devil fruit and it’s importance, possible plot holes and unexplained plots as well. The form looks cool though!
Oh yeah, no, this is 100% a plot hole and literally, nothing in the series makes sense.

If the Gorosei knew about this, why the hell did they never move on Luffy? Even at Marineford?

Anyone who says otherwise is coping mad hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.