Spoiler One Piece Chapter 973 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
@HA001 On point with the bounty comment. People have overblown the comment that Oda made that being part of an organization has an effect on your bounty to the point they're crediting a massive gap between bounties to simply being part of more infamous captain. This happens despite Oda giving a perfect example of the extent of influence being part of that crew actually has on your bounty.

Luffy goes to 500 mil, strawhats get a boost of 50 mil automatically with the marines assuming they grew in power as well.

Luffy goes to 1.5 bil, strawhats get no automatic boost despite their captain now being considered one of the emperors. No reason for the marines to assume the other individuals became a bigger threat, thus nobody else other than Sanji who was active and a highlighted figure in WCI got bounty raise.

Why? Because World Government doesn't hand out bounties for being related to Luffy, they hand out them out based on who you are as an individual.

Queen having 300+ mil over Katakuri isn't because he's under Kaido. It's because he's more accomplished as a pirate than Katakuri and is thus seen as a bigger threat.

Well, Shanks' Commanders have made a name by themselves - hence they are simply an exception - whilst Commanders from other Yonko crews are not that famous; their names are not even known around the world.
Doesn't make much sense, when Yasopp was a mere nobody in east blue as far as piracy name goes. He only rose to fame with Shanks and crew. Heck nothing is ever implied about them having fame by themselves outside of the crew.

Last edited:
Good point .

So far only Marco ,shanks top 3 and Rayleigh are widely know .

:unsure:

No ones bats an eye for "unbeatable Katakuri" tho.

:suresure:
Sure, WB's Commanders are also very known for the world but don't forget that Rayleigh himself portrayed Katakuri as one of the mightiest characters in the World cause of his future sight.

Therefore, I think only first mates like Katakuri and King are somehow known for their skills by legends like Rayleigh.
Imagine, Zoro fights against King, we get a flashback in which Mihawk talks about King's ability which makes him extremely famous. Perhaps he has some broken advanced CoA.

But Jack and Queen are definitely weaker than Katakuri despite of the bounty gap. Rayleigh wouldn't describe Queen as one of the mightiest characters.

H

Homelander

am I tripping or did oda completely forget how gigantic kaido was ik this is in the past just look at kaido vs oden when kaido hits oden with the club and look at kaido’s dragon form it still is the same size as the present really weird I really want this flashback over but from what someone pointed out the flashback not gonna end until chapter 975 so we have wait and endure two more weeks smh and mind you that break is going to hit after every 4 chapters so when this flashback is done before we see the present and luffy and co. we’re gonna get another break smh I said flashback were important which is true but I take back what I said this flashback needs to end I like oden but no offense he died why are we still seeing him on rogers ship with momo and co. ridiculous I still can’t get over how that kaido vs oden fight went down that’s gotta be the worse fight ending in one piece aside from oden giving kaido that scar reminds me of jozu vs aokiji smh but hey how much more can we take 2 weeks two chapters flashback will be finished on chapter 975 I’m tired of momo and this child of prophecy stuff I like how kaido vs luffy was foreshadowed or presented on punk hazard or dressrosa or zou or whole cake island spoiling that luffy is gonna beat kaido is annoying like sheesh I thought Toki power was to time travel like back to the future the movie type stuff not seeing images of the future while she still in the past I thought only sharly from fishman island can do that i want this flashback to end the pacing has gotten slow and the manga is starting to become like the anime I want to see the present and the traitor
Oda is inconsistent with height.

Sure, WB's Commanders are also very known for the world but don't forget that Rayleigh himself portrayed Katakuri as one of the mightiest characters in the World cause of his future sight.

Therefore, I think only first mates like Katakuri and King are somehow known for their skills by legends like Rayleigh.
Imagine, Zoro fights against King, we get a flashback in which Mihawk talks about King's ability which makes him extremely famous. Perhaps he has some broken advanced CoA.

But Jack and Queen are definitely weaker than Katakuri despite of the bounty gap. Rayleigh wouldn't describe Queen as one of the mightiest characters.
I don't trust the hype by using the word mightiest tbh.

I think it links more to how few FS users exist.
Rayleigh himself doesn't have it so I guess this helps my point.

( Without FS he keep up with Kizaru so ..)
Luffy is about to truly defeat mightiest characters.

Just two cents.

"Made a name by themselves" is what the marine says .

Who knows .
Using the viz translation in conjunction with the 2-3 other diff translations that are out there for that panel regarding the Shanks commanders. It implies they made a name for themselves as in they have done great feats for themselves. Something that should be self-explanatory for anybody that is going to be a commander of a yonko.

For example, Zoro - Whiskey Peak, a highlighted moment in his fame in the grandline.

Zoro/Sanji/etc aren't going to go 1 billion plus, unless they make a name for themselves. Just being part of Luffy's crew isn't gonna give them any magical boost.

Using the viz translation in conjunction with the 2-3 other diff translations that are out there for that panel regarding the Shanks commanders. It implies they made a name for themselves as in they have done great feats for themselves. Something that should be self-explanatory for anybody that is going to be a commander of a yonko.

For example, Zoro - Whiskey Peak, a highlighted moment in his fame in the grandline.

Zoro/Sanji/etc aren't going to go 1 billion plus, unless they make a name for themselves. Just being part of Luffy's crew isn't gonna give them any magical boost.
Well if I recall well Zoro said that his name will reach heavens ( I think it refers to achievements as individual) .

Maybe Oda is preparing something where he will be on the headlines of newspapers on the future.

And I agree is limited what the name of the crew can give you on recognition.

Why would he not describe Jack & Queen as one of the mightest characters in the world?

Shanks/Mihawk/Teach/Kaido/Dragon/King/Yasopp/Beckman/Roo/Katakuri/ (potentially 1-3 of the RA commanders), are select few in the entire world that are above the 1 bil mark. Jack & Queen happen to be among those select few.

Why would he not describe Jack & Queen as one of the mightest characters in the world?

Shanks/Mihawk/Teach/Kaido/Dragon/King/Yasopp/Beckman/Roo/Katakuri/ (potentially 1-3 of the RA commanders), are select few in the entire world that are above the 1 bil mark. Jack & Queen happen to be among those select few.
That's why I said Rayleigh words mainly refers to Katakuri being one of the few with FS users not him as individual but only the ability.

Is like presenting a CoC user in the blues Saga.

Then you go to the new world ...

Status
Not open for further replies.