Chapter Discussion This isn't "Peak Fiction" , this is arguably Luffy's worst fight

I'm not even saying it ain't "funny or fun" it's fine for now but it needs a change ASAP or it will ruin my favorite thing about OP fights and esepcially Luffy's which's his anger emotion ... OP didn't have great fight cherography to begin with , what really carried it is emotions and to take that away and make everything "dumb and funny" is really ain't it

These moments are peak fictions and what everyone will remember , it's Luffy staring down an enemy with anger than screaming with all his might and punching the shit out of them

Joyboy
Post automatically merged:

But yeah, I get what you mean
Meh reasoning. This is nothing but seething. If Oda does the same as he did with Lucci, then these fuckers will call monotonous. I mean ultimately these fuckers want Kaidou to be defeated by strong punch or strong slash. This is the reason Zoros fights are shit.

Sanji is now a better character then Looney Toon man
Both are better than monotonous constipation face.

Says the man dickriding Oda and defending every plotpoint he writes

Tell me again who has no will of his own and follows someone else’s will?
:kobeha::kobeha:
I only support what I like. Unlike you, who takes things out of context. I mean, you are one of those cucks who got cucked by Oda, hence, you don't try to establish is opinion in an open minded manner.

You have simply ignored how Luffy is at the death door and how he knows if he doesn't finish Kaidou, everyone will die. But all you see is one dialogue at the end.

Joyboy

But yeah, I get what you mean
idc what he is or what he represents, I could go around and ask about the single best moments in OP and it's literally gonna be :

- Luffy punching Rob Lucci
- Luffy punching the celestial dragon
- Ace dying
- Whitebeard dying
- The StrawHats seperation
- Nothing Happened

all moments filled with anger or despair from Luffy and these emotions are what made OP a clear cut above every other shonen, not fucking being funny ... ppl are trying to gaslight us that the last 20 years of OP didn't happen and this is "peak fiction" when they themselves are lying and would pick oen of the moments above as their fav

I was gonna answer the other monster luffy dude but he is obviously a troll that talks about zoro sanji 24/7 and i never mentioned these characters here

Luffy vs Kaido preJoyboyawakeningBS was actually good. But G5 kind destroyed the tension in this fight tbh...
So Luffy at the edge of the death while using this form and Kaidou nowhere near at his limit killed the tension. Sure.

the other monster luffy dude but he is obviously a troll that talks about zoro sanji 24/7 and i never mentioned these characters here
Neither did I. Context.

There are stakes which heavily mentioned in this chapter. If Luffy dies, everyone will die. That is what mentioned in this chapter. And luffy is not in peak condition. But hey, you will know this if you actually read the chapter instead of just seeing images.
there is a CLEAR difference between stakes being MENTIONED and stakes ACTUALLY EXISTING , stakes means the reader should feel like if the characters loose then they loose something yet until now :
- 1 MILLION FAKE DEATHS
- LUFFY KEEPS LOOSING AND GETTING BACK UP WITH ASSPULL POWER UP AFTER ASSPULL POWERUP , AdvCoC, TELEPATHY, Looney Toon god power

there is a CLEAR difference between stakes being MENTIONED and stakes ACTUALLY EXISTING , stakes means the reader should feel like if the characters loose then they loose something yet until now :
- 1 MILLION FAKE DEATHS
- LUFFY KEEPS LOOSING AND GETTING BACK UP WITH ASSPULL POWER UP AFTER ASSPULL POWERUP , AdvCoC, TELEPATHY, Looney Toon god power
Everything you have mentioned is not asspull powerup except maybe telepathy. Funny that you have mentioned adCoC when your favorite got it without even knowing what it is and you are asking for asspull ZKK.

There were no stakes at any point of time by your logic, because, no one from the ally lost any battle they fought. Kaidou was stalled by Yamato and Marco when Luffy lost. Now no one can stop Kaidou. But you guys talk about stakes only when convenient.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
This isn't arguably Luffy's worst fight, this is "Peak Fiction"

I see people still searching for copium nowadays :suresure:

Isn't "adCoC" a term that does not exist in the manga and has been created by powerscalers for copium purposes?

or it will ruin my favorite thing about OP fights and esepcially Luffy's which's his anger emotion ...
If you dont think that there is a subtext of deep emotion in this fight, you aren't looking closely enough at the panels.

We've seen anger from Luffy. Without a doubt, there have been tons of panels where Luffy has the lined shading over his eyes. However, this is the first time we've ever seen Luffy look appropriately crazed:

This isn't not the face of someone who has just witnessed unfairness that needs to be corrected, or sees an enemy that he needs to defeat.

This is the face of someone whose realized that unfairness is everywhere in the world and that he can never do anything to properly fix it, and realized that the enemy he needs to defeat is someone he hates so much that he'd be willing to drive himself to death and inglorious sucide rather than lose to him even one more time.

But also the face of someone who needs to convince himself that he's satisfied with it ending up like this, and trick himself into thinking that he's happy in order to not go fully insane at the revelation of everything's futility.

In other words, that face of Luffy at the end of chapter 1044, was more realistic and relatable than any anger face he's ever given us.

That expression had calmed down and smoothed out a bit within the latest chapter, since he seems to have regained a little bit of hope, but in terms of emotions of anger, these last couple chapters have been the highlight of the raid. Not a low point at all.