Dark Humor is funny but only to an certain degree .
I don't say you guys can't joke about it but ,if its made casual about someone thinking about to end his/her live is in my mind a no no .
People with such thoughs just like you said you have or had it have it hard enough.
someone could find this encourageing to do it ..
No, if people actually stopped talking about suicide like a taboo and tried to hide it from people, then that would actually disencourage people.

The idea to make it taboo and hide it from the world only makes the people that have these thoughts feel like outcasts.

Making jokes about it let's people know that are others out there who think the same, they are trying to deal with it and stay strong, making fun of the darkest things in life is what keeps us going.

If we only took everything that was bad as a serious thing, we couldn't keep going.

There's darkness out there in our lives, making jokes about it is part of it

The point of the joke isn't to solve anything, but to make fun of the human codition, that's it

Suicide comes in the minds of many people, different types of dark thoughts get inside many peoples heads
Laughing about suicide fools the subconcious into thinking you're having a good time and that there is happiness in your life. As a result, you won't go and solve your problems because your subconcious thinks is there is no reason to pursue good things in life, after all you're already happy since you can laugh.
making jokes about it let's people know they are not alone, there are others out there who feel the same way and it's made fun of it, so that they know you can deal with it
No'.Suicidal thoughts should not be "dealt with", the root problem should be solved instead.

No, if people actually stopped talking about suicide like a taboo and tried to hide it from people, then that would actually disencourage people.

The idea to make it taboo and hide it from the world only make the people that have these thoughts feel like outcasts.

Making jokes about it let's people know that are others out there who think the same, they are trying to deal with it and stay strong, making fun of the darkest things in life is what keeps us going.

If we only took everything that was bad as a serious thing, we couldn't keep going.
Im with you people should know there are other people who fight with the same feelings as themselves .
I don't makd a taboo of it and im the last one who would say noone should talk about it .
Its the talking about it that helps people .
But think about it, if you were on the edge and see something on the internet that would encourage you like jokes someone would not get as jokes and they would hide it an don't talk about it this could go in a very bad direction for someone .
You understand what i mean?

Laughing about suicide fools the subconcious into thinking you're having a good time and that there is happiness in your life. As a result, you won't go and solve your problems because your subconcious thinks is there is no reason to pursue good things in life, after all you're already happy since you can laugh.

No'.Suicidal thoughts should not be "dealt with", the root problem should be solved instead.
Do you have suicidial ideation or has ever dealt with it? because if you have, you really don't sound like you do and has no understanding of it.

Just the phrase "you won't go and solve your problems" makes it clear that you think people commit suicide only because of problems, no my friend, there are people out there who are rich, powerful, talented, full of friends and love and still want to kill themselves. Ever heard of Robert Williams?

Rottkins

✯ ✧ 𝔾 𝕠 𝕕 𝕠 𝕗 𝕃 𝕚 𝕖 𝕤 ✧ ✯
I've been dealing with suicidal ideation since i was 15 years old and i've lost a few family members because of it, still...

Suicide jokes are fucking funny man :shame:

I will never understand the idea that you shouldn't "joke about something"

To me you can joke about anything, then you can call the joke trash or not, but don't say you can't make the joke

The best type of comedy comes from dark humor anyway

:saden:
I have depression and anxiety, suicidal thoughts since I was 13 if not earlier. I laugh mostly through tears of mine :kayneshrug::josad:

If you think it's fine for Oda to make fun of sexually harassing and abusing women, if you think it's fine to make jokes about 9 / 11, if you think it's fine to make jokes about the Russian invasion in Ukraine, or any of these things, then you should be fine with jokes about suicide
No, for one simple reason.
The Russian invasion and 9/11 are things outside of our reach. Suicide is a very personal thing and normalizing random jokes about it can easily trigger people into actually doing it. We have impressionable young people here among users and guest readers.
making jokes about it let's people know they are not alone, there are others out there who feel the same way and it's made fun of it, so that they know you can deal with it
When I am suffering, why would I want to know about other people suffering from the same?
Why would I want others to suffer??
I'd rather suffer on my own and be the only one who suffers.

Seeing other suffer just like me makes me feel even worse.

Im with you people should know there are other people who fight with the same feelings as themselves .
I don't makd a taboo of it and im the last one who would say noone should talk about it .
Its the talking about it that helps people .
But think about it, if you were on the edge and see something on the internet that would encourage you like jokes someone would not get as jokes and they would hide it an don't talk about it this could go in a very bad direction for someone .
You understand what i mean?
If somebody has suicidal ideation and has been thinking about killing themselves, it's not a simple internet joke that's gonna make them do it.

Suicide takes planning, energy and a lot of horrible feelings being built up over years. A joke is nothing to somebody on the edge.

Talking about suicide with a suicidal person, making fun of it and making them feel human for knowing there are others out there feeling the same is a good thing.
Post automatically merged:

No, for one simple reason.
The Russian invasion and 9/11 are things outside of our reach. Suicide is a very personal thing and normalizing random jokes about it can easily trigger people into actually doing it. We have impressionable young people here among users and guest readers.

When I am suffering, why would I want to know about other people suffering from the same?
Why would I want others to suffer??
I'd rather suffer on my own and be the only one who suffers.

Seeing other suffer just like me makes me feel even worse.
Suicide jokes don't make people commit suicide, turning the concept that suicide exists into a taboo and making people that have these thoughts feel like aliens is what makes them kill themselves.

Man whole thread went from titties to suicide. No joke I’m sorry that you have had to deal with suicide that long I hope you can find something that helps you have a sense of normalcy and worth with life

If somebody has suicidal ideation and has been thinking about killing themselves, it's not a simple internet joke that's gonna make them do it.

Suicide takes planning, energy and a lot of horrible feelings being built up over years. A joke is nothing to somebody on the edge.

Talking about suicide with a suicidal person, making fun of it and making them feel human for knowing there are others out there feeling the same is a good thing.
And you know whats the problem really serious ones don't talk about until its to late .
I've seen it for myself people i thought they were OK were actually not OK and that is what terriefies me the most about this topic..