Who is the strongest character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Luffy talks to Momonosuke and asks him to do something to protect Onigashima Island and then Luffy makes a very gigantic fist (bigger than Onigashima Island) and prepares to attack Kaido"

Luffy: Momo I advise you to hold the island with all your strenght because I'm about to knock down the shit out if it

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Wasnt Mihawk the WSS during Roger's era? So why didnt he become PK? Oh he didnt want to? Right? What makes you think any of these men vyed for the WSS title then?

Shanks and Mihawk had duels with no victor. Shanks is a Yonko with different goals and ambitions. Ambition's literal fucking translation is Haki.

Do you not understand this concept lmao?
No he wasn't lmfao
Irrelevant shanks lost his dominant arm and now mihawk is the strongest
Mihawks waiting for someone stronger than Shanks to fight

Zoro fans drowning in the mud realizing Zoro could only cut a tip of horn, with Oden's magic sword, while Luffy is casually busting islands

:josad:

Get the straight jacket boys. Ztards on Suicide watch again. How many must we lose before they accept Zoro is done and stuck fighting imaginary bone people just to stay alive after fighting the weakest YC1

"But... but... ZKK?!?!?!"

:suresure:

Yeah, you need to accept that Shanks is a swordsman just like Roger in this regard, and both are weaker than Mihawk. It's time for you to stop with your ridiculous Shanks > Mihawk claims, not only the canon material shows the opposite, but it would shit on Zoro's dream, and obviously that's not happening.

The one-armed master swordsman is still insanely strong and whatever he uses in the future will be associated to swordsmanship, stop downplaying swordsmen.
Roger and Shanks are far above Mihawk though just as Luffy is far above Zoro

Do you think Shiryu is a swordsman?

As for Roger, he literally named his son after his sword, and he wields a Supreme Grade blade. I can't see what else he'd have to show in order to be considered a swordsman. Honestly, after this reveal that he's not a DF user, there's a better argument for Shanks being a swordsman than A LOT of people who automatically consider to be swordsmen.
I'll be honest with you: I don't give two shits about whether a swordsman with a devil fruit is a swordsman or not. It isn't about that, that sounds just so... childish, superfluous to me when the truly interesting stuff here is whether Oda can make something deeper, more nuanced with swordsmanship or not.

For me, wanting swordsmanship to be something more than wielding a sword to fight isn't a matter of power scaling as you may be focusing it. When I say that swordsmanship shouldn't be just about using a sword I'm actually remembering the foundations for something way, way more interesting than that (Zoro and Mihawk's values as fighters, swords being sentient to an extent, Koushiro saying that a sword that can't choose what to cut isn't even a real sword, Zoro coming to the conclusion that he wasn't understanding swordsmanship properly everytime he attacked Bonez like an animal...) and expecting Oda to do justice to his own seeds.

Roger can be whatever Oda wants. For all we know, the author could come and say he had the same power Dragon currently holds, that he was an incredible brawler too, that he was an amazing sniper or whatever; it's irrelevant because I highly doubt he will ever be fleshed out as a fighter, so who gives a damn. The only thing we know thanks to Chinjao's words is that he was on top of the conqueror's as the Pirate King, and that alone isn't swordsmanship, that's having the most powerful conqueror's in the world no matter how he channeled it.

Need to wait for the chapter since this just went straight up for debate with Kaidou remarking that abilities are not needed to dominate the world. Roger need not be the strongest if one implication of that statement is true.
almost like you forgot he went toe to toe with the guy who was the strongest in his prime
and confirmed his equal?

if you are equal to the strongest what does that make you ...

Status
Not open for further replies.