Speculations Is Wano Really Zoro’s Arc? The Difference Between a Broken Promise and an Unfulfilled Expectation.

Has Oda ever promised for Wano to be Zoro's arc?

• Yes

Votes: 16 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 85 69.1%
  • It was only foreshadowed

Votes: 22 17.9%

• Total voters
J

Jo_Ndule

Uh?

Didn't Blackbeard said Luffy was not "there" yet?

Kid is not on Luffys league yet you said they are rivals....

I never mentioned law in my comments tbh you are again reading things no one typed.

plus.....I think you can't use the word " troll"
You are the one who says They aren't rivals.

While Kidd & Law are portrayed next to Luffy
Show me where Kidd has been placed beneath luffy? Unlike Law, Kidd is not placed below Luffy yet.

Luffy is even happy that Kidd joined. He is the one who asked Kidd to join.

Once again, show me where Luffy think less of Kidd as Teach did with Luffy?

Teach isnt luffy rival, teach doesnt evenn view him as one.
While Luffy competes with Kidd! He sees kidd as a challenger, vice versa.

G

Gran D. Master

This statement you made at the start of your post is telling the readers to consider all the 65 issues of Wano so far right? Like what happened so far right?

Well so far it's very clear Outside luffy, Zoro's had the most focus in the arc
Does that guarantee him being the second most relevant factor in this arc besides Luffy?

Again you should be clear. Are you asking who the villains of the arc are, or are to asking who is the strongest person we hafe to defeat is?

Because if its the later then it's obviously a coin flip between Kaido and Big mom.

But if you are asking who are the villains of this arc then it's Kaido and Orochi.

And if you are talking about match ups for Zoro then obviously he's either fighting King or Smoothie and helping out with Kaido.

So be clear and ask what you want to ask

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
I think that Wano will be Zoro's arc just means that we will get to know more about his origins (like WCI was for Sanji) not that Zoro will be the protagonist of the arc cuz that's Luffy's story not Zoro's, he's not the one who have to become the PK, he will have his moments for sure ,i mean WCI was a "rescue" mission, they're here to fight (hell i'm sure even Sanji will shine more than he did in WCI bc of the fights so no doubts about Zoro)
Zoro's basically a co-protagonist of the arc though. He saved the princess, has connections to several characters who knew/loved Oden and were close to him, and even got one of the dude's swords - and in Wano culture, getting a dead person's sword is kind of a big deal.

He's one of the protagonists of Wano's self-contained arc story.

You are the one who says They aren't rivals.

While Kidd & Law are portrayed next to Luffy
Show me where Kidd has been placed beneath luffy? Unlike Law, Kidd is not placed below Luffy yet.

Luffy is even happy that Kidd joined. He is the one who asked Kidd to join.

Once again, show me where Luffy think less of Kidd as Teach did with Luffy?
Again I never mentioned Law.

Why you bring him ?
Reading things no one typed?

Anyways I'll answer your need of attention.

They are not rivals cuz Kid simply doesn't have things to compete with current Luffy.

Show you where Luffy thinks less of kid?

A better question would be to show you where Luffy cares about kid which he doesn't.

Portrayed next to Luffy ?

Like Capone and Cesar last arc? :suresure:

Is time to leave that cloud Ndule the next PK doesn't need cheap wannabe rivals.

G

Gran D. Master

Again you should be clear. Are you asking who the villains of the arc are, or are to asking who is the strongest person we hafe to defeat is?

Because if its the later then it's obviously a coin flip between Kaido and Big mom.

But if you are asking who are the villains of this arc then it's Kaido and Orochi.

And if you are talking about match ups for Zoro then obviously he's either fighting King or Smoothie and helping out with Kaido.

So be clear and ask what you want to ask
No, we knew it's Kaido since PH. Stop placing Orochi on a pedestal now that Zoro's chances of fighting Kaido are fading. Nobody even knew about Orochi until we got to Wano, while we know Kaido is the Big Bad for years. The ultimate goal of this arc is taking down Kaido like it or not. Now that Kid and Law are possibly more relevant to Kaido's defeat than Zoro, it means they are more relevant to this arc overall.using "panel time" is not an argument, because defeating Kaido is the only thing that matters in this arc

No, we knew it's Kaido since PH. Stop placing Orochi on a pedestal now that Zoro's chances of fighting Kaido are fading. Nobody even knew about Orochi until we got to Wano, while we know Kaido is the Big Bad for years. The ultimate goal of this arc is taking down Kaido like it or not. Now that Kid and Law are possibly more relevant to Kaido's defeat than Zoro, it means they are more relevant to this arc overall.using "panel time" is not an argument, becayse defeating Kaido is the only thing that matters in this arc

Zoro chances are the same ,nothing have changed in fact Wano increased his chances ( Enma,Ryuma legend, knowing that killer fougth Kaido means Oda can easily make Zoro the same ,etc).

Kid and law actually look frozen when it comes to that .

Does that guarantee him being the second most relevant factor in this arc besides Luffy?
He's been set up to do things hasn't he? That's how that works right? You give a chaacyer focus to set up what they'll do later in the arc.

There's set up with him training Momonosuke and whatever is going on with Hiyori.

Theres set up with him to help with the figting against kaido

There's still set up for him to learn to cut fire so he will fight King

There's set up for him to create black blades or learn of the creation at Ryuma’s temple

There's set up dor him to kill Orochi or at least let Hiyori kill him like she said she wanted to.

There's set up for him to fight a strong female swordsman ie smoothie

There's set up for him to have some involvement with this Shimotsuki clan that keeps appearing.

Theres set up for him to get more sword like Nidai Kitetsu and such.

None of his set up would exists if the arc wasn't literally focusing on Zoro so much up to now.

Don't get me wrong, Maybe some of these won't pan out like how the "gathering samurai" thing didn't pan out. Since Oda can change his mind about the direction of the story but until we see on panel that Oda has changed the direction of the story, then all this has still been set up.

The question is, Do these things seem relevant to you? If Zoro kills orochi, cuts kaido and 1v1 king and defeats him, Does that make him the second most relevant character in the arc? Well I would assume so. That is unless like some Admirals appear and do some ridiculous shit during the war or shanks shows up and does some ridiculous shit. Or Like you seem to want, maybe kid is revealed to admiral level and like Solos big mom or something. Who knows. But as of now, I don't see anyone else outside of Luffy being more useful here. Maybe law has come up wth a master plan to take out kaido but then plans fail in one piece so no that wouldn't make law the second most relevant