Rate

• Total voters
There has been no Luffy vs Kaido chapter, Luffy hasn’t beaten Kaido at dawn, Kaido still hasn’t found out about Luffy being Joyboy, the population of Wano still do not know a battle is going on. Instead we get 20 chapters of mediocre fights, filler and a few reveals which were only set up this arc.

Wano is everything One Piece fans hate on other mangas about

It’s obvious Zkk isn’t happening

The wishes for orochi : make him disappear

The wishes for kaido: plz defeat him

No death wishes for kaido , also luffy and kaido are in the sky right now , queen and king were both sent off the island so their captain is next
Wano citizens wished for Kaido to be cut up at the beginning of the celebration.

The Scabbards said the battle won't be over until Kaido is dead.

They wish for clear/clean sip of water and be released from hell.

They gave Zoro clean water.

Zoro is becoming the King of Hell.

ZKK is happening. Wano connection to Zoro is strong in this chapter.

G

Gorosei Informer

That's why I really believe we still haven't reached the arc's real climax till now. I wouldn't be surprised if Wano reaches the 200 chapters mark in the end, eventhough I'm really tired of this arc already.
Morj is really going to get his wish of 200 chapters plus Wano then. Odas favourite small OP youtuber might be him then after all and he's doing this on purpose.

This arc is easily long enough to be an entire series by itself and still feels far from the end. I don't even know how the fuck Blackbeard, Shanks, the WG and Marines are gonna live up to Kaido's immense standards as a fighter. Its still possible ofc but at this point, this arc feels like the final arc, Kaido feels more like a final boss and I don't want to see Luffy losing multiple more times to other opponents and dragged out fights like this but at the same time I don't want his future opponents to be wasted, especially Shanks if he fights him ofc, any Admirals, Blackbeard etc.

Elbaf is gonna have to be a Zou type arc for the sake of our sanity and stamina/endurance. I cannot handle another arc like this ever again. Dressrosa almost made me quit the series permanently and this ironically is worse than that.

Apart from Doflamingos defeat, some Fujitora and also Kaidos intro, Dressrosa ended pretty underwhelmingly for how long it went on for. The Grand Fleet are one of the biggest wastes of time, underwhelming reveals, additions and roles in the story too. There's no excuse for them to not show up at Wano by now given all thats happened and how long things have been going on for there too. They're obviously just being saved for endgame for the final big war, whenever the hell that will be.

Also if the raid is this fucking disappointing and dragged out, I genuinely dread the final war especially with the issues Marineford had too and the Grand Fleet will inevitably be involved with that and make it even worse due to their presence.

I just dont know how giants aren't gonna be even bigger fodder than ever before after this arc, giants were already looking extremely bad, Big Mom is a superior giant to them ironically despite not being one herself and Kaido as an ancient giant (Oni) is IMMMENSELY superior to them too, on the sheer opposite end of the spectrum of their portrayal by far.

Given Oda's horrendous handling of Nami and Usopp too this arc especially, I fear for them in future especially Elbaf which I had high hopes for both of them in that arc, especially Usopp for obvious reasons.

That makes it even worse cause what is the point of what we are reading rn. Fucking filler
+ No Kaido flashback
+ No Kaido awakening
+ Kaido and Orochi still didn't see adult Momo
+ Orochi is OBVIOUSLY still alive and coming back
+ The flower capital's citezens are unaware of what's happening
+ Zoro's Shinigami plot
+ I'm sure there are some other unresolved shit that I'm forgetting

Accept your fate. We'll be stuck forever in Wano. :noo:

Morj is really going to get his wish of 200 chapters plus Wano then. Odas favourite small OP youtuber might be him then after all and he's doing this on purpose.

This arc is easily long enough to be an entire series by itself and still feels far from the end. I don't even know how the fuck Blackbeard, Shanks, the WG and Marines are gonna live up to Kaido's immense standards as a fighter. Its still possible ofc but at this point, this arc feels like the final arc, Kaido feels more like a final boss and I don't want to see Luffy losing multiple more times to other opponents and dragged out fights like this but at the same time I don't want his future opponents to be wasted, especially Shanks if he fights him ofc, any Admirals, Blackbeard etc.

Elbaf is gonna have to be a Zou type arc for the sake of our sanity and stamina/endurance. I cannot handle another arc like this ever again. Dressrosa almost made me quit the series permanently and this ironically is worse than that.

Apart from Doflamingos defeat, some Fujitora and also Kaidos intro, Dressrosa ended pretty underwhelmingly for how long it went on for. The Grand Fleet are one of the biggest wastes of time, underwhelming reveals, additions and roles in the story too. There's no excuse for them to not show up at Wano by now given all thats happened and how long things have been going on for there too. They're obviously just being saved for endgame for the final big war, whenever the hell that will be.

Also if the raid is this fucking disappointing and dragged out, I genuinely dread the final war especially with the issues Marineford had too and the Grand Fleet will inevitably be involved with that and make it even worse due to their presence.

I just dont know how giants aren't gonna be even bigger fodder than ever before after this arc, giants were already looking extremely bad, Big Mom is a superior giant to them ironically despite not being one herself and Kaido as an ancient giant (Oni) is IMMMENSELY superior to them too, on the sheer opposite end of the spectrum of their portrayal by far.

Given Oda's horrendous handling of Nami and Usopp too this arc especially, I fear for them in future especially Elbaf which I had high hopes for both of them in that arc, especially Usopp for obvious reasons.
Giants are absolute fodder at this point. There is no way Oda can hype them up in anyway unless they’re part of the SSG or some shit. But even then why should we care.

Wano is so bad and so long yet still is not introducing interesting mysteries or revelations. It’s an absolutely terrible arc
Post automatically merged:

+ No Kaido flashback
+ No Kaido awakening
+ Zoro's Shinigami plot

New Luffy haki powerup as well you forgot. This Oda guy isnt serious

Wtf was the point of this chapter

I refuse to believe Orochi is dead when he hasn’t seen adult Momo yet

Wtf was the point of this chapter

I refuse to believe Orochi is dead when he hasn’t seen adult Momo yet
This chapter purpose to set up Kaido and Orochi imminent desmise. Even if the flashback wasn't really necesary, it is Oda way of showing how these two terrorized Wano and killed all of their "heroes" and Luffy is the one they have been waiting for. Hencewhy Orochi getting killed by Denjiro is directly juxtaposed with a panel of a lantern with a note wishing that Orochi disappears and the chapter ends with a panel of a lantern with a note wishing " to be free from this hell" directly followed by Luffy attacking Kaido. There shouldn't even be a debate, this chapter is so clear. This is it. The final part of the battle. Narrative trumps it all.

This chapter purpose to set up Kaido and Orochi imminent desmise. Even if the flashback wasn't really necesary, it is Oda way of showing how these two terrorized Wano and killed all of their "heroes" and Luffy is the one they have been waiting for. Hencewhy Orochi getting killed by Denjiro is directly juxtaposed with a panel of a lantern with a note wishing that Orochi disappears and the chapter ends with a panel of a lantern with a note wishing " to be free from this hell" directly followed by Luffy attacking Kaido. There shouldn't even be a debate, this chapter is so clear. This is it. The final part of the battle. Narrative trumps it all.
It feels like it is but I have no hope at this point. Oda is delaying things that need to happen even more

G

Gorosei Informer

Giants are absolute fodder at this point. There is no way Oda can hype them up in anyway unless they’re part of the SSG or some shit. But even then why should we care.

Wano is so bad and so long yet still is not introducing interesting mysteries or revelations. It’s an absolutely terrible arc
Devil Fruits could save them as canonically we have no giants with DFs IIRC except Kaido technically. But even then, Oda explicity said through Kaido just now ofc that Haki triumphs over DFs and we've seen the likes of Roger, Rayleigh, Garp, Shanks and such triumph without DFs yet all the Admirals have DFs and rely on them too. As Kaido said, Roger conquered the seas with no DF ofc. Ironically if he had Tokis DF, he could have not been "too early" for the prophecy too!

Exactly man, 150ish chapters I think now and what have we gained from it honestly? I expected to learn SO MUCH about Ponegylphs, Seastone, Ancient Giants (Oni), Kaido, Zoans, Samurai and Ninjas, DF awakenings, Haki especially CoA, although Morj was right to say this arc will focus on CoC, it makes a lot more sense ofc and so on.

I almost feel like Oda actually resents us and or is trolling or just doesn't care and is doing whatever the fuck he likes now.

The MC losing and struggling is bad enough, they do need to struggle and occasionally lose too at least BUT to keep losing and even "getting killed" at one point is not just despair but apathy inducing. We also spent around 24 and 1/2 years believing Luffy was a Rubber Paramecia along for it to be retconned into a mythical god zoan whatever.

At this point, it feels like, what else are we being lied to about? What else is fake news? What is Oda also gaslighting us about? The Resin theory was a much better idea than this imo, it would have made so much sense with the origin of DF and thus DF trees and importance of trees in OP as well as the "apparent clues" had before with colour spreads and such.

All other mythical zoans were based on IRL deities and creatures but Oda made one up for Luffys to make him extra special and to have less limitations, which is just utterly ridiculous to me. The fact that Zoans have their own will, his DF evaded the WG for 800 years somehow and chose him specifically is the ultimate fate sealer and is truly, immensely ironic too. But then again Woop Slap did say it might be his destiny to eat that fruit or w/e back in Chapter 1 so maybe we were the fools all along?

I want Orochi dead for hecks sake. How many revival plots is Oda going write???
He's like God Serena from Fairy Tail unironically. Serena was hyped up immensely as the strongest of the "Yonkos of Mages" of FT but ended up being a gag character who died over and over after fodderising the next 3 top tier mages offscreen lmfaooooo.

I get the point of the chapter but it was too long. Luffy could have delivered the punch. Oda only needed 2 or 3 pages at most for this flash back stuff and yet it lasted the whole chapter.

+ No Kaido flashback
+ No Kaido awakening
+ Zoro's Shinigami plot

I thought the flaming drum dragon was his awakening.... At least I really hope it is or I just don't want to see it since it will drag the fight even more...

The pacing of the Wano arc is not great but I swear the pacing of this chapter was horrible... I wouldn't mind getting a Kaido flash back but a flashback of the things that happened after Oden's death??? It's just recycled material, I mean we already knew all that staff...
So very few things happened during this chapter that it wouldn't make a difference if this chapter didn't exist at all...

I don't see a reason why Orochi should see adult momo and frankly I don't really care about it.. I just really hope Orochi is dead because the only head left is the one down there :D If he is alive after being burned alive and all his heads are cut off I call bulls**t on Ace's death, for dying just because of a hole in his chest and an internal burning. I know Oda doesn't kill characters often but there is a limit to how many times you can fake kill a character and bring him back before it gets ridiculous.... I mean I already find ridiculous that Kin'emon was coincidentally stabbed at the exact place Law detached and that he survived because Law didn't reattach him right??? How does this even work??? For me many moments of character sacrificing themselves lost all meaning and impact because of this.... It's OK for characters to die for the sake of a high quality story.

I reached the point that I just got tired of this ark....The story is great but there is so much stalling for the sake of stalling and that in combination of having to wait week after week for a little bit of new information is just tiring...

It's hilarious how Oda said in one of his early SBS that his initial plan was to finish the One piece story in 5 years... Maybe he was thinking of Wano arc when he said that:luffylaugh:Also do you remember when he said the one piece story is in the middle around chapter 600??? You cannot make me believe that One piece will end in 150 chapters...