Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NeutralWatcher

You already know it. We talked on disc about it lmao.
Itachi Madara Kakashi Adult Sasuke Sasori Zabuza Pain Minato Gaara Naruto

It's was good. The war arc is where it got messy. P1 Naruto is still the best.

The chills I got from Zabuza, Rock Lee vs Gaara, Sasuke vs Orochimaru in the woods.
Rock Lee became irrelevant later on. Orochimaru also got sidelined by Akatsuki as villains.

Only Gaara still relevant.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
:tchpepe: I'm not too sure. Soul Society is a fantastic arc, so good Kubo copied it for the Arrancar arc. But most of the Pein arc and all of Part 1 are on such a high pedestal.
Part 1 Naruto has some really cool concepts and world building, but I was just that more invested in the Soul Society and Ichigo's mission. Naruto Part 1 had some stellar moments, but it seems like once the Tsunade Retrieval Arc came aboard, the world it built started losing its luster and the conflict became to centered around the main cast. At least with Bleach, up until the end of the Soul Society arc, my expectations were firmly planted on the character relationships, which I feel was handled better earlier on.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Lmaoooo. Right, us and @Jiihad had a long convo about it.

Kakashi is actually legit. I've grown to appreciate him as the series went on.
Yup. Like it happened like a month or two ago iirc lmao.

Same here. Zabuza was like my top 3 for a long time. Until Itachi appeared, then kakashi became better and better, Sasori is also great imo.

Rock Lee became irrelevant later on. Orochimaru also got sidelined by Akatsuki as villains.

Only Gaara still relevant.
Yup. Too many characters. Some were bound to get sidelined.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Part 1 Naruto has some really cool concepts and world building, but I was just that more invested in the Soul Society and Ichigo's mission. Naruto Part 1 had some stellar moments, but it seems like once the Tsunade Retrieval Arc came aboard, the world it built started losing its luster and the conflict became to centered around the main cast. At least with Bleach, up until the end of the Soul Society arc, my expectations were firmly planted on the character relationships, which I feel was handled better earlier on.

The core group's dynamic in Bleach was great. Really love Uryu especially in Soul Society and even Orihime has a bit of a personality. I'd of personally preferred Naruto to explore more of the ninja world, different villages, et cetera. But Kishimoto recently revealed he stayed away from exploration as to keep himself from veering too close to One Piece's territory. Though I still think the Tsunade Retrieval arc was great, and the Sasuke Rescue Arc was the pinnacle of Naruto as a battle shonen.
All for his 14 yo girlfriend.
Yup. Like it happened like a month or two ago iirc lmao.

Same here. Zabuza was like my top 3 for a long time. Until Itachi appeared, then kakashi became better and better, Sasori is also great imo.

Yup. Too many characters. Some were bound to get sidelined.
That's Naruto's bigger issues. Characters slowly got phased out the longer the series went on, until it became insufferable around chapter 509.

Zabuza is still great. If Yaksha didn't don one, I'd of worn an avi of him by now.

Lol kakashi is nerfed by plot. He is one of my fav. Wonder why Kishimoto Didn't show all of Kakashi 1000 copy jutsu.
Its just for hype factor lol....when you count all jutsu techniques in entirety of manga its doesnt reach 1000 jutsus and yet you think kishi can think of all 1000 copy jutsu for kakashi alone? Please...and btw kakashi and obito sucks and lee is goat lol

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Lol kakashi is nerfed by plot. He is one of my fav. Wonder why Kishimoto Didn't show all of Kakashi 1000 copy jutsu.
Past the Pein Arc, Kakashi could one shot anyone with Kamui. Forget his 1000+ fodder jutsu lol.
The apex of Naruto fights was P1.

Rock lee vs Gaara. Sasuke vs that weird guy in the Chunnin exams, Rock Lee fights in general, Lee and Gaara vs Kimimaro, Kakashi vs Zabuza.

Back when Kage was like God tier lmao, and Guy being introduced as Kakashi's rival and leading in their battles was a huge thing.
The hand to hand was so great. It was gritty with tools and jutsu. I love the latter, wide scale stuff. But I'm annoyed we didn't get a good escalation between those periods.

N

NeutralWatcher

The apex of Naruto fights was P1.

Rock lee vs Gaara. Sasuke vs that weird guy in the Chunnin exams, Rock Lee fights in general, Lee and Gaara vs Kimimaro, Kakashi vs Zabuza.

Back when Kage was like God tier lmao, and Guy being introduced as Kakashi's rival and leading in their battles was a huge thing.
Rock Lee and Gaara rivalry is one of the best. But Gaara way out of his league. Gaara became Kage while Rock Lee didnot imptove much.

Neji is also a wasted potential. He should have defeated someone in 4th Shinobi War yet new characters like Samui Mifune got spotlight

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Rock Lee and Gaara rivalry is one of the best. But Gaara way out of his league. Gaara became Kage while Rock Lee didnot imptove much.

Neji is also a wasted potential. He should have defeated someone in 4th Shinobi War yet new characters like Samui Mifune got spotlight
I remember being bored out of my mind when we were focused exclusively on the 2 brothers fighting the Cloud Ninjas. I get wanting to show the scale of the war, but the Cloud Ninja were so underdeveloped and their opponents so uninteresting, what was the point? More time could've been spent on giving several of the Konoha rookies needed fights and development.

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
You already know it. We talked on disc about it lmao.
Itachi Madara Kakashi Adult Sasuke Sasori Zabuza Pain Minato Gaara Naruto

It was good. The war arc is where it got messy. P1 Naruto is still the best.

The chills I got from Zabuza, Rock Lee vs Gaara, Sasuke vs Orochimaru in the woods.
Zabuza Momochi, my fav manga villian ever

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
The hand to hand was so great. It was gritty with tools and jutsu. I love the latter, wide scale stuff. But I'm annoyed we didn't get a good escalation between those periods.
Definitely. Was just about to talk a bit more on it. The hand to hand fighting, the ninja-esque techs, stealth, silent killing, kunai, etc, was what made Naruto great for me in part 1. I do like the latter battles, but it became a battle of who has the bigger megazord. I miss the ninjas in Naruto lmao.

Happy to see so many Kakashi fans here. He's my favorite from the series. Plus his anime fight with Obito was amazing.

Yup. That fight in the anime was brilliant. Hand to hand combat, no throwing huge jutsu at each other, but truly a ninja fight.

Gated Lee can give him a run. 6/7 gates I mean. With the 8 gate he deffo wins.

Neji was hype all through part 1. He didn't deserve to die to bring closer Naruto and Hinata.

Status
Not open for further replies.