Eurovision Song Contest

J

Joygirl1

I noticed this Saturday will be the final of this year´s ESC, will anybody of you watch it? If so, we could discuss it here.
Despite it being more political contest and all, I´m fully aware of that :tchpepe:

Finland is playing serious and is sending The Rasmus to ESC btw!

Wonder if Germany will manage to land on last place once again, we´re so damn good at making terrible music :rosismile:

B

Ballel

I noticed this Saturday will be the final of this year´s ESC, will anybody of you watch it?
Used to watch this but this year it flew completely over my head. Usually I just listen to some songs and see if I like them.
Despite it being more political contest and all, I´m fully aware of tha
That's sad. Don't they even have a rule that it's supposed to be apolitical? Lol

No one cares about that anymore.:pepehands:

Wonder if Germany will manage to land on last place once again, we´re so damn good at making terrible music
:luffylaugh:
At this point I.have zero expectations for German entries.
I used to watch some ofthe national pre selections over the last years.
Oftentimes the unique and interesting artists didn't make it to the finals but some weird artists that were predestined to lose.
They should solely let the audience decide. These boards of 'experienced/professional' musicians have no clue what audiences like.

B

Ballel

I agree with your view, the decisions are terrible, bad song choices, artists who can barely sing...

Most countries going into ESC: :catrude:

Germany going into ESC every year: :joker:
More often than not, Germany's previous years' submissions give me that public broadcaster vibe, if you know what I mean.
No taste, lame and boring arrangements, 'messages' that are badly executed and go nowhere and this total detachment from the reality of modern media.

Remember that time Ireland said "Fuck it" and sent a Turkey to Eurovision to take the piss out of them?

Cause I sure do. :madmonk:
The Europeans have never forgiven us since..... But it was well worth it. :steef:

B

Ballel

Remember that time Ireland said "Fuck it" and sent a Turkey to Eurovision to take the piss out of them?

Cause I sure do. :madmonk:
The Europeans have never forgiven us since..... But it was well worth it. :steef:
There are some crazy entries for sure...

G

Gorosei Informer

Finland is playing serious and is sending The Rasmus to ESC btw!
The Rasmus for Eurovision?! Very nice!

I stopped followed ESC a few years ago but these are some of my favourite entries from it:

I can't remember anymore right now unfortunately but I definitely had other songs I adored before from EV.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gorosei Informer

@Ghostly Reflections Great music taste! :cheers:

Here is one of my favourite ESC winner songs:

And (Spoiler) this is the song The Rasmus will perform this year:

Tyvm! I'll check out that Rasmus song too...

I never saw Australia's entries into Eurovision too, I was so shocked they got to feature and I missed out on a real gem with this song they submitted for it too!:

This singer is fantastic!

J

Joygirl1

Seems to be one of the best song textes ever, looking forward for this :gokulaugh:
Post automatically merged:

Why is Romania sending a spanish torero to ESC?^^
Post automatically merged:

Like every year I´m thinking wtf is happening? :quest:

Almost no jury points for The Rasmus :kidwat:

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gorosei Informer

Almost no jury points for The Rasmus :kidwat:
WTF?! Thats fucked up, that makes no sense, i'm gonna have to see this for myself, that is disgraceful and insulting....

:mihugh:kingufy:jinbewat::pepestrike:

Also I checked out the Ukraine song and thus the new music video for it and it's very emotional and the song is beautiful, powerful and such, I love it:

I do feel like they deserved to win regardless of the current situation with Ukraine but Eurovision has always been hampered by politics and such, countries voting for their own "friendly neighbour countries" and refusing to give points/high points to certain others and such. Theres always been gossip and drama in that regard IIRC? It just comes with the territtory I suppose, tons of different countries competing together is gonna have its bias, "alliances" and pettiness even.

Apparently our entry is from Tiktok too? I've seen British comedians get picked up by Hollywood for movies a lot lately, some Youtubers getting picked to be on British TV programmes and now people getting recruited by their Tiktok posts too! What crazy times we live in! Interesting and very opportunistic, like never before!
I know Papa Roach collaborated with someone who covered Last Resort on Tiktok and released an official remix and collaboration of Last Resort with them, which was a really cool remix and new version of it but far too short sadly! Was a really fresh take on it though, with some nice rap and such!
I cannot even believe that the UK came 2nd apparentlly?! I'm sorry but WHAT?! How the fuck did we pull that off?! Plus we're the ones who did Brexit in the end after all these years of waiting and almost half the entire country at least trying to avoid it happening too!

The guy looks like Thor or a Viking at least but sounds like he's on helium? Kinda fitting he's singing about space then? Lmao.

That's definitely the strongest performance I've seen in many ways from the UK in a LONG time as far as I remember. That weird disconnect with his voice, the falsetto tone with the viking look and the whole space theme does fit the weirdness/campness/zaniness of Eurovision too.

The fact its a very 80s type rock song with a guitar solo too is very awesome too. It's no wonder he came 2nd and was submitted by us Brits for Eurovision too ofc! The smartest decision the UK has made in a VERY long time hahahaha!

Considering that was live too, his vocals are AMAZING regarding that too, VERY impressive! He reminds me of the band ABC, (Martin I forget his surname lol), who I used to adore, especially their singer too

OH WTF?! I didn't know Mika was there too?! I used to love his music too!

Happy Ending is one of my favourite songs, it hits extremely personally/deeply for me too! Mika and Sam Ryder would be a pretty cool combo to think of it, similar vocal styles annd Mika would suit rock music potentially too! Plus I've just found out Mika is Lebanese which is also pretty cool!

I really feel like I should have paid attention to Eurovision this time, I'm regretting it a lot now! Although I'm furious on how The Rasmus have been treated though, WTF once again?!

J

Joygirl1

I like how many thoughts you have to share without us about music ;)
In a former board we made our own board version of the ESC, it was quite fun and I´m thinking if I should make a Worstgen version of it too? Wonder if enough users would be interested in it?
It would work a bit different however, every round had a theme and the users could send in their songs via PM / Conversation. Nobody knew what user sent in which song, they were presented by the host and then everyone could vote via PM. This was back in a german board, would probably be even more interesting to try out in an international board like WG^^

G

Gorosei Informer

haven't seen this but didn't they send a yodel&rap duo some years ago?
:luffylaugh:
I think they did, it sounds familiar. I've definitely seen yodelers on there before.

They also sent this absolute legend there too!:

One of my former closest frineds is Romanian and I TROLLED him endlessly over various things including this song and guy hahahaha, he HATES it so much lmfaooooo!

Ah I found what you were thinking of, you were completely right!:

J

Joygirl1

You also missed out this masterpiece from Moldova:

This song landed on place 7, getting over 250 points from the viewers, while The Rasmus only got 26 points from the viewers too... I don´t wanna live in this world anymore :shame: