Status
Not open for further replies.
While it's true Oda did a bad job at depicting King's flashback... He's got a better background story than Katakuri, Kaido, and likely Marco.
King likely had a worst childhood than Robin and Nami.
It's better substance with lore and reveals

but has almost no character work and emotional weight

most people didn't even give a shit that King's race was tortured and used, they just wanted more lore and know about Kaido

if people didn't give a shit about King in his own flashback, then Oda did something wrong

even if it's objectively worse than other people's lives, if the author can't make it hit, it feels shallow

I'm sure that mothers are linked with their child’s soul and brain.
I have a thought about someone or a plan and my mother comes the other day and says: "I felt that you’re planning to do this …. and you’re thinking about …."
This shit is spooky and fucks me up
Either she reads your mind or, you know, maybe you have a certain look on your face OR something like that that gives your mood away.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
It's better substance with lore and reveals

but has almost no character work and emotional weight

most people didn't even give a shit that King's race was tortured and used, they just wanted more lore and know about Kaido

if people didn't give a shit about King in his own flashback, then Oda did something wrong

even if it's objectively worse than other people's lives, if the author can't make it hit, it feels shallow
It's not that people didn't care. Oda did a bad job at it like you said. We literally got 0 panels showing the emotional side of King's story.

It's literally added to Kaido's character
That's my point

King's entire flashback is for Kaido's character

and then Kaido's flashback arrives and people feel disappointed

so you think King's flashback ended up being good in the long run?

if it was just a stepping stone to hype up another character's flashback that ended up being disappointing?

and if the important character later on fails with a good flashback

then the first one was wasted too
Yeah no one is saying Kaido's FB is good, but my point is King's was and we should've never expected something standalone for him

King is there to add to Kaido, just like Mr.1 to Croc
Post automatically merged:

Think of it this way. King is not the protagonist of his own story, Kaido is.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
Katakuris flashback is completely pointless in the grand scheme of things.
If oda never added it, nothing would change.
The same cant be said about kings flashback since it gave us important lore and will be used again in the future.

I'm curious about the size theory, based on it:
Zoro=>Sanji
King=>Queen
Shanks=>Mihawk
Never thought about it but it sound actually like Oda really implying these ranks based on the sized.
I think it's way too much of a coincidence, it's not like zoro and sanji are characters who barely interact, reiju and luffy also have a 1 cm difference in height but they don't have any dynamic, same goes for mihawk and shanks, the fact that king and queen share the same 1cm difference in height as zoro and sanji basically confirms it

Katakuris flashback is completely pointless in the grand scheme of things.
If oda never added it, nothing would change.
The same cant be said about kings flashback since it gave us important lore and will be used again in the future.
that's were my opinion is completely different

to me the flashback is about the character, making me care about their struggles to get were they are now

if the purpose of a flashback is just lore outside the character, i won't get any emotional attachment to it

i much prefer Katakuri's "pointless" flashback like you said, then King's boring and emotionless flashback with lore

Nami's and Zoro's flashbacks for example have no lore at all, pretty simple stories, but they tell me why the characters are the way they are, and made me feel their struggles and care about them

Senor Pink is also the same shit, no lore, just about a character and why i should care about that dude using baby's clothing

in fact, since One Piece stopped focusing on characters and started focusing only on lore and big world events, it has become worse for me

but everyone likes what they like i guess
Post automatically merged:

I am facing the same issue:pepemotion:
I think he meant he is gonna die without taking them out

not that his teeth are making him die

i can see why you read like that though

Status
Not open for further replies.