Character Discussion Kaido betrayed Rocks

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
I wonder if Kaido simply acknowledged the supremacy of the Marines at that time in there.

That would not be the first time. See Teach.

I see it more as Rocks was defeated, so Big Mom gave Kaido the devil fruit so he could become stronger, and after she gave it to him, he took off. Rocks had already fallen at this point. She even says, I gave it to you the day Rocks fell. It seems pretty nonsensical that Kaido stuck around and fought for days without a Devil Fruit, then got one to become stronger and took off mid battle.

They tried to kill each other for 3 days 2 weeks ago...
And they were fucking around given they had no major injuries and Onigashima was completely fine

a 3 hour SERIOUS fight had the entirety of Onigashima in actual shambles with holes blown through it a multiple island destroying attacks thrown around and kaido actually getting injured

the kaido vs big mom thing was a farce given NONE OF THAT happened in 3 days of fighting
Post automatically merged:

It seems pretty nonsensical that Kaido stuck around and fought for days without a Devil Fruit
@Celestial D. Dragon
kaido’s line about Pirates abandoning their allies mid battle highlights that pirates do this WHEN THEY SEE YOU WILL LOSE

Kaido would have fought for days, AS LONG AS HE DIDNT THINK ROCKS WOULD LOSE

Kaido directly highlights that pirates run away when its clear that the tables are turning… so Kaido fought for however long and was even getting beaten himself hence why Big mom gave him the Dragon df so he could keep fighting and Kaido kept fighting UNTIL he saw Rocks actually getting fucked up.

Then he ran. And now in this panel its Big mom finding him afterwards calling him a Rat (a rat is a derserter)

Last edited:
Unless he was the one that betrayed Rocks

@Tejas But Kaido was talking about Pirates betraying their allies… And he was even more specific… he says pirates betray their allies WHEN THEY SEE THEY ARE ABOUT TO LOSE

Kind of like Kaido seeing Rocks about to lose and jumping ship mid fight
Yh also found that bit particularly intriguing but could a group like that really be expected to lose tho? Even if Garp & Roger joined hands Rocks had so many legends on his crew so it’s pretty hard to believe Kaido potentially foresaw that and dipped.

I see it more as Rocks was defeated, so Big Mom gave Kaido the devil fruit so he could become stronger, and after she gave it to him, he took off. Rocks had already fallen at this point. She even says, I gave it to you the day Rocks fell. It seems pretty nonsensical that Kaido stuck around and fought for days without a Devil Fruit, then got one to become stronger and took off mid battle.
Hmm…this is an interesting point coz it could’ve been what shaped Kaido’s ideal on Haki surpassing errting else. Maybe Kaido thought he was gonna be invincible with that DF but then Roger fck’d him up even with it hence why his mentality changed. Coz Lilin phrases the Uo Uo no Mi as ‘Lengendary DF’ and I think Kaido accepting it & Linlin treating it like a massive debt strongly implies that Kaido had an attachment to the strength of powerful DFs at some point in time.

Last edited:

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
I think Kaido was loyal to Rocks; that's why BM is telling him to not trust him completely. One thing for sure is that they all believed in Rocks regardless of their differences and followed him. I think the most loyal one of them all was WB followed by Kaido. Kaido was an honest guy and follows morals, even now, whenever he can.

WB, Kaido, Big Mom, Shiki, and most other Rocks pirates survived God Valley, meaning they all escaped the battle at one point or another during the fight. I'd say Kaido witnessed this happen to Rocks i.e., his underlings abandoned the battle and started fleeing one after another as soon as they realized they were losing until, eventually, Kaido too was forced to flee the scene—experiencing firsthand how things work with pirates. I believe his experience in God Valley made him more wicked.

it’s pretty hard to believe Kaido potentially foresaw that and dipped.
Well thats why we need to see this flashback… kaido specifically believes pirates run away when they see they are losing and the god valley incident is the big battle kaido was involved in and lost… And it was very bad loss because Big mom gave Kaido a very strong df mid battle and they still lost

something very interesting must have happened to scare Kaido so much that he had to bail EVEN WHEN HE HAD THIS DF

Kaido too was forced to flee the scene
@Gol D. Roger
Hmm, maybe but if all the rocks crew abadon rocks mid battle, including Big mom herself, then she wouldnt be angrily calling Kaido a deserter in this panel

BM would be pissed till now
@Echizen_Jo_Ndule
Not really since Big mom also didnt like Rocks. We saw the flashback of Kaido meeting her and she says Rocks is unreliable and that Kaido should rely on her specifically

So big mom can be pissed that Kaido abandon the rocks when Rocks was gettung stomped by garp and roger but she already didnt like Rocks and had promised to take care of Kaido

She seemed to be fine after god valley incident,
@Jailer
That panel of her shouting at Kaido could have been several days or weeks or months after the god valley stuff

She wouldnt be angrily calling Kaido a deserter if she too wasa deserter

And they were fucking around given they had no major injuries and Onigashima was completely fine

a 3 hour SERIOUS fight had the entirety of Onigashima in actual shambles with holes blown through it a multiple island destroying attacks thrown around and kaido actually getting injured

the kaido vs big mom thing was a farce given NONE OF THAT happened in 3 days of fighting
Same about Roger vs Whitebeard. Not damage to environment around them.

But Big Mom can heal herself and Kaido has regen of Zoans.