Speculations For Zoro Fans, how will Zoro vs Mihawk fit into the Narrative?

Every One Piece fan looks forward to Zoro vs Mihawk, but hardly anyone wonders where this fight will fit into the main story. We are already heading towards the end of Luffy and the Straw Hats' journey. We don't know what's up with Mihawk.

Will Zoro vs Mihawk happen before Final War?
Will Zoro vs Mihawk happen after the Final War?
Will Zoro vs Mihawk happen during the Final War?
Shiryu will kill Mihawk, will become the new WSS and so we will have Zoro vs Shiryu?
Imu and Mihawk are related so when Luffy fights Imu, Zoro will fight Mihawk

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
β€Ž
You’re saying Zoro will fight mihawk while the straw hats and the whole world sits back and watches but that’s not likely at this point.
Not likely based on what? Especially when the first duel involved Luffy and the other Strawhats sitting back and watching...

what he is trying to say is that zoro won't defeat a stronger opponent than luffys (zoro did not beat mihawk in baratie)
Lmao here comes the true reason lol. This isn't about Luffy or how much more stronger he is than Zoro. Nobody is saying that Zoro will beat a stronger opponent than Luffy.

The whole argument is that Zoro vs Mihawk will be an isolated 1v1 and not an arc fight, only the placement of the duel is up for debate. Luffy wouldn't even fight an opponent for you to make that comparision.

Not likely based on what? Especially when the first duel involved Luffy and the other Strawhats sitting back and watching...

Lmao here comes the true reason lol. This isn't about Luffy or how much more stronger he is than Zoro. Nobody is saying that Zoro will beat a stronger opponent than Luffy.

The whole argument is that Zoro vs Mihawk will be an isolated 1v1 and not an arc fight, only the placement of the duel is up for debate. Luffy wouldn't even fight an opponent for you to make that comparision.
that is what I am trying to say there can't be an isolated arc without Luffy, also zoro can't have a fight in an arc without luffy also having his fight.

Because oda has never and likely will never have Luffy sit out in an arc. As such every other subplot such as Zoro becoming WSS will just be secondary plots while Luffy is beating the villain of the main plot

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
β€Ž
Because oda has never and likely will never have Luffy sit out in an arc. As such every other subplot such as Zoro becoming WSS will just be secondary plots while Luffy is beating the villain of the main plot
Luffy sitting out of 1 duel for Zoro has nothing to do with Luffy sitting out of an entire arc. This "subplot" can move perfectly fine while the main plot progresses along.

Besides, you aren't even entertaining the possibility that this duel happens post the final war, when all is said and done and Luffy has no more "bad guys" to beat.

that is what I am trying to say there can't be an isolated arc without Luffy, also zoro can't have a fight in an arc without luffy also having his fight.
Read above.

Luffy sitting out of 1 duel for Zoro has nothing to do with Luffy sitting out of an entire arc. This "subplot" can move perfectly fine while the main plot progresses along.

Besides, you aren't even entertaining the possibility that this duel happens post the final war, when all is said and done and Luffy has no more "bad guys" to beat.

Read above.
Yeah because there not going to be any major plot after the final war. The final war is the final event taking place in manga. Luffy vs Imu will be the last fight in the series.

Read above.
If zoro has a serious fight with mihawk which would be important then mihawk must have a connection with the main plot of the arc. Also, I think zoro has to be the wss before the final war ( because post final war or by eos the wss would be meaningless) this part is headcanon

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
β€Ž
If zoro has a fight with mihawk which would be important then mihawk must have a connection with the main plot of the arc.
All it needs is a plot excuse to make Mihawk show up in an arc and meet Zoro. Nothing more, nothing less. The excuse can be literally anything.

Also, I think zoro has to be the wss before the final war ( because post final war or by eos the wss would be meaningless) this part is headcanon
The title of the Strongest Swordsman won't become meaningless due to the collapse of the WG.

Why would the straw hats sit back and watch the fight? Do you think odas going to write an arc where luffy doesn’t fight a powerful enemy?
Honestly I think the strawhat wouldn't mind considering they know this is Zoro's life work.

I always pictured the fight happening in the same arc Luffy meets Shanks so that we get good dialogue from Luffy and shanks while also getting a good fight from Mihawk and Zoro.

All it needs is a plot excuse to make Mihawk show up in an arc and meet Zoro. Nothing more, nothing less. The excuse can be literally anything.

The title of the Strongest Swordsman won't become meaningless due to the collapse of the WG.
I did not say it would become meaningless because of the collapse of the wg, I said it would have become meaningless if oda waited till poest credit to give zoro the title, same way the yonko or even the pk title might be meaningless by eos or the final battle

what he is trying to say is that zoro won't defeat a stronger opponent than luffys (zoro did not beat mihawk in baratie)
Post automatically merged:

that is the thing, mihawk has to be connected to the plot as he was with don, but the problem is that mihawk is not related to the wg anymore and the only person of relevance that he is related to his shanks (who is probably not a bad guy) and if luffy fights shanks in the same arc that zoro defeats mihawk, that would mean that shanks is stronger which zoro fans would not want to accept leaving 2 other choices
1. zoro doesn't fight mihawk or it is a friendly duel
2. zoro does something that makes him wss without fighting mihawk
The thing is I don't see Luffy fighting shanks they probably would have a CoC clash between each other as a greeting then dialogue.