Smoothie

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are literally told this by the most coward person in the whole series, and a few chapters later he shows Hyogoro telling the samurai that if they are afraid of dying because of Kaido's clouds disappearing and Onigashima crashing down and all the samurai ARE HAPPY THAT THEY COULD DIE FOR WANO IF IT MEANS THEIR FAMILIES WILL BE FREE. It is portrayed as a good mindset my dude!
Don’t agree. He didn’t portray it as either a good or bad thing but two sides of differing arguments. The problem is that the majority of readers simply don’t care enough about it because they don’t care about the Samurai themselves

Uhhhhh bro I think Oda wanted to portray Usopp in the right when he was speaking with Kin'emon and Kiku lol
Agree to disagree because that moment of Hyogoro with the samurais and also Yamato's speech to a coward Momo on 1043 say otherwise to me.

Also I really hate Usopp since the TS so everything he does just adds more salt to the wound lol maybe it's bias

Fair enough because obviously Oda won't portray Wano doing the same shit that WW2 Japan did with China and Korea, both because we don't have One Piece China and One Piece Korea and because he probably agrees to some extent with the shit that Japan did, like a big % of the population. Was talking more about the general portrayal of Wano and "honorable japanese values" specially when it comes to the people blindly supporting the fucking Kozukis, but it's true that we haven't seen any mention of Japan conquering other places or exerting its rule.
That's not Japanese Values, that's literally East Asian/ASEAN values

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Jack isn't joining Kidd's. Stop it.
Only Page One and Ulti will, they will be the biggest heavyhitter after Killer and Kidd.

P.s.
Page One and Ulti are the Sanji and Yamao of Kidd's crew. Not Usopp and Nami, because Page One > Usopp and Ulti > Nami.
No way Luffy's team is weaker than the equivalent from bronze medalist's team.
*SIlver medalists.

Additionally, i think overall will the Crew of Luffy always overpower Kidds (f.e. Luffy>Kid, Zoro>Killer, Sanji>Heat...), but keep in mind the portrayal of "god ussopp" and Nami with her Yonko Weapon. They have their own power and are strong, despite her cowardly behavior and physical weakness. I dont see an issue with having Ulti or P1 principally stronger than Ulti and P1, but in a direct fight, Oda would never lose them there anyway. :D

No shit. Yamato isn't saying I'm really a man inside. She's saying I'm Dwayne The Rock Johnson. Obviously you're not the rock bitch
Well to be fair u can still be trans and also say ur some well known figure of the area lol
Oden is the nspiration for their identify but that doesn't mean it's all for sake of being Oden
Yamato might not have the maturity of expressing their true self (queer person) unless it's through the lens of being Oden

I think this will all be coded into the story and not directly addressed though

Yamato will also keep the Oden gag

We will keep hearing that for the rest of the series
She will develop the Oden gag into dead men gag.
In front of Momo, she is Oden. In front of Luffy, she is Ace. In front of Zoro, she is Kuina. In front of Nami, she is Bellemere. In front Usopp, she is Banchina. In front of Sanji, she is the good old pre TS Mr. Prince. In front of Chopper, she is Hiruluk. In front of Robin, she is Nico Olivia. In front of Franky, she is Tom. In front of Brook, she is Yorki. In front of Jinbe, she is Fisher Tiger.

That's not Japanese Values, that's literally East Asian/ASEAN values
Fair, they're not intrisinc and exclusive to Japan, but we're in a 150 chapter long arc about Japan so I'm treating them just as Oda is treating them. Wano is the fictional place from One Piece that has the most resemblance to its actual real life counterpart so lol

Agree to disagree because that moment of Hyogoro with the samurais and also Yamato's speech to a coward Momo on 1043 say otherwise to me.

Also I really hate Usopp since the TS so everything he does just adds more salt to the wound lol maybe it's bias
Yamato's speech mentioned the samurai but I don't think it was any different than the usual "fight until you're dead" stuff that we even saw on Arlong Park with Nami and the Cocoyashi people
It's all about dying for a purpose and dying just for the sake of dying IMO Oda is obviously criticizing the latter value

Zoro is already in bandages and Chopper is having gags with the rest of the strawhats… So… Nothing… there was nothing to come from Zoro’s life being in danger… As expected

*SIlver medalists.

Additionally, i think overall will the Crew of Luffy always overpower Kidds (f.e. Luffy>Kid, Zoro>Killer, Sanji>Heat...), but keep in mind the portrayal of "god ussopp" and Nami with her Yonko Weapon. They have their own power and are strong, despite her cowardly behavior and physical weakness. I dont see an issue with having Ulti or P1 principally stronger than Ulti and P1, but in a direct fight, Oda would never lose them there anyway. :D
*bronze medalist

Gold medalist: Straw Hats.
Silver medalist: Blackbeards.
Bronze medalist 1: Hearts Pirates
Bronze medalist 2: Kidd Pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.