General Mafia General Chat

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 π“ͺ 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽π“ͺ𝓻 ✰
β€Ž
Okay, let's come up with a consensus of 3 things to give Pan. Based on the discussion so far:

1. Search function for PMs.
2. Dice roll.
3. Better emotes and better emoji organization.

Do we agree?
I personally don't think the usefulness of the search function warrants it to be implemented in the first batch of requests.

Auto vote count would be better imo

just saw this so ekko you think mods abuse powers??
ofc they do, lmao

They always do

Anything DND is fun af at the end

Reminds me of dnd session i once watched where one player managed to trick ancient evil. She acted and 5headed it perfectly. Video still give me Goosebumps
did u vibe with the songs i showed u or nah btw, lol i need some feedback or smth

Okay, let's come up with a consensus of 3 things to give Pan. Based on the discussion so far:

1. Search function for PMs.
2. Dice roll.
3. Better emotes and better emoji organization.

Do we agree?
ye

emotes here unironically need to have some set max size cause some of them are big for no reason

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
β€Ž
>Post Reactions

Apathetic to these either way. I'm fine with simple likes, alternatively I'm fine if even likes are removed. If it's added, would prefer it to be hidden by default so you can only see the list of reactions you can give to a post when hovering over the post or something, so that there isn't a full line of them decoarating each post on a page.

>Viewing thread add-in

Against it, it only provides another way to angleshoot. Offers absolutely nothing of value to playing Mafia.

>Advertisements

Against it, but not on principle, but because it would be redundant. The forum already has a VIP option, which is where it makes money. Moreover, when ads are used, the revenue they generate will typically come from how many times they're clicked. If you use adblock to remove them from your view, then they'll never be clicked, and they're just there for the point of it. Aside from that, garish colours and animation on the ads will be distracting for some.

>Option to view more posts per page

Didn't see this suggested, but I think it might be useful. Rather than be stuck at a fixed 20 per page, give the option to have 20/30/40/50 posts per page instead. Only issue potentially is that links to posts may be broken by this - see screenshot below. Sounds like a small issue, and with threadmarks it's somewhat mitigated, but happens more often than you'd think.

I personally don't think the usefulness of the search function warrants it to be implemented in the first batch of requests.

I think it’s the most useful thing lol. I’d kill someone for it.

It’s the only feature I’ve ever been pulling my hair out and screaming into the void that I wish I had sometimes lol.

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 π“ͺ 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽π“ͺ𝓻 ✰
β€Ž
I think it’s the most useful thing lol. I’d kill someone for it.

It’s the only feature I’ve ever been pulling my hair out and screaming into the void that I wish I had sometimes lol.
If you guys want it no problem.

But I guess this would only be useful for scum chats/dead chat?

It’s a younger forum with an ongoing manga.

With threadmarks and who replied, I don’t know what else we’d need in terms of mafia

On the forum overall the priority is a new admin and maybe improving the search function.
one last forum/OLF is a new forum that was barely made this year and it has rep and better rating system than we do. Dice rolling would be nice to have , plenty of things can do with dice rolling besides Mafia games , sure dice rolling and a better rating system arent super vital in comparison to thread marks and who replied but you can't say those features wouldn't help enhance the expirence for us the players or posters in general

Theirs a reason I'm comparing this site to Nintendo's online system. Yes Nintendo's online service is cheap and serviceable in comparison to Xbox live and psn. But no reason for anyone to feel satisfied being a switch owner when it lacks the features that the others have had like say group chats

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
β€Ž
I know how the dice feature can be implemented if any is interested to add it:

I found a XenForo guide on how to install the stochastic greatness:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/cv6-dice-roller.191332/

Sounds pretty linear to me. No permission to download, it only takes to download a ZIP, unzip it and import some stuff, then some basic costumization and setting to do. It's a fancy AddOn plenty of costumization, multiple dice can be created and not only with numbers, you can also create dice with letters, or even add emojis to them according to the guide.

The AddOn requires XenForo 2, the most recent XF from an integer perspective, which came out in 2017.
I searched for it several months ago.

this may be a personal ideal-centric issue.. and recommendation

but honestly I'm not a fan of at times explicit and at time predominantly nude/suggestive avis that pop up more often than not...even tho Mods take responsibility of having them removed.. i don't think that's practical.. in my opinion a pragmatic way would be to give the users some control over what gets exposed to them.

Like that they can keep it to themselves without having to whine about someone's persistence over it to the mods.. and it also deals with bias's regarding what is crossing the line and vice-versa.

If you guys want it no problem.

But I guess this would only be useful for scum chats/dead chat?
And Mason Chats.

From the one game I helped host, going through Ekko-Yo Tan-Adam’s Mason Chat, Red Team’s Chat, Blue Team’s Chat, and Purple Team’s Chat was a full time job before I ever got to looking at town PMs lol.

Edit: And Flower/Ratchet’s chat lol.

Lindltaylor

There's no "Tina!"
β€Ž

I think Bogard is more likely to implement the first batch if it's something that affects the whole forum as Auto vote count is more of a mafia exclusive thing.

>Option to view more posts per page

Didn't see this suggested, but I think it might be useful. Rather than be stuck at a fixed 20 per page, give the option to have 20/30/40/50 posts per page instead. Only issue potentially is that links to posts may be broken by this - see screenshot below. Sounds like a small issue, and with threadmarks it's somewhat mitigated, but happens more often than you'd think.
Wouldn't mind this either tbh.

I didn't think this would affect threadmarks though 'cause I thought threadmarks attach themselves to the post ID. I'm not sure about the specific functionality, though.

one last forum/OLF is a new forum that was barely made this year and it has rep and better rating system than we do. Dice rolling would be nice to have , plenty of things can do with dice rolling besides Mafia games , sure dice rolling and a better rating system arent super vital in comparison to thread marks and who replied but you can't say those features wouldn't help enhance the expirence for us the players or posters in general

Theirs a reason I'm comparing this site to Nintendo's online system. Yes Nintendo's online service is cheap and serviceable in comparison to Xbox live and psn. But no reason for anyone to feel satisfied being a switch owner when it lacks the features that the others have had like say group chats
I meant younger forum and ongoing manga in terms of why it’s alive in comparison to NF. Not as an excuse 🀣

A forum is as good looking and useful as the boss makes it lol.