Questions & Mysteries Was Dadan right? Did Garp choose his job over his family?

Was Dadan Right

• Yea, She was right. Garp was a bad person

• No she was wrong

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nikuzi

โš“๐’ซ๐’พ๐“‡๐’ถ๐“‰๐‘’ ๐’ฌ๐“Š๐‘’๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐’ฎ๐‘’๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐“Šโš“
โ€Ž
I mean yeah dude fuck the navy if your family is on the line. I like Garp but him just sitting there while Ace was going to get executed is scummy behavior.

who told ace to become a pirate he could have always been a marine or a normal citizen but he choose been a pirate so he deserved his death
Post automatically merged:

He could have saved Ace on the way there
so he would become a wanted man for a kid that does not listen.

Nope. Garp was only wrong to not defend himself.

Ace is a grown man and made his choice. Garp did everything he could to give him a good direction.

Garp can't be guilty by Ace's own choices. He died for being a pirate not for being Roger son only. If he had an honest life and still got arrested and sentenced to death by that I would agree with Dandan but in that case Garp would probably be the first one wracking Impel Down and saving Ace.

KonyaruIchi

๐Ÿ‘‘๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“Ÿ๐“ฒ๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐“ ๐“พ๐“ฎ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐Ÿ‘‘
โ€Ž
He had every chance to save Ace, and yet he chose duty over family until he was too late. Some messed up love this is, imagine if it was Luffy on the gallows and he just sat around until his own grandson gets beheaded
:whitepress:

Iโ€™ve always stood by the view that Garp is a disgusting self-righteous hypocrite and deserves to be hated far more than he is. Heโ€™s an utter failure of a parental figure who let the boys be raised by a fucking bandit of all people, and then has a shocked Pikachu face when all 3 of them live a life of lawlessness.

Ace was a young boy with severe self loathing and mental health issues. What does Garp do when the child asks him existential questions? Gives him absolutely no reassurance, only some vagueness about finding the answer himself, and lo and behold, he does. He finds the companionship and the mentor figures Garp never gave him with the Whitebeard Pirates. Garp doesnโ€™t understand Ace or Luffy and never will. He doesnโ€™t love them. He doesnโ€™t care.

Garp: Yo Ace and Luffy, why donโ€™t you live the way I tell you to?
Ace: Because you left me in the care of bandits, I lost my brother to the World Nobles and-
Garp: Actually no, Idgaf. Become a marine or stfu.

Fuck Garp, I hope Akainu disembowels him in a single magma punch.

Imagine caring so little about your kin that your just fine watching them die and doing nothing, your job should never take priority over your kids

As a wise man once said
I agree that work should not prioritize the family, but the situation is different. It's a moral issue, your son becomes a bandit and destroys other families, will you be able to protect him knowing what he did? You are saving your family when a member of it destroyed other people's family, that's dastardly. If one day my son becomes a criminal, I'll make a point of denouncing him myself.

I will do it everyday
Moreover Ace was considered as a criminal since he was born, soon or late he will have been killed because he's Roger's son
You are mixing things up. Garp was right to raise Ace and give him a chance, but Ace chose the wrong path. If Ace was killed just for being Roger's son things would be different, but they weren't. You put blinders on the big picture and just realize that our protagonists are pirates and forget that 99% of them are really villains and 99% of the navy are people who want to help others. Kidd, for example, is introduced as the one who killed the civilians who laughed at One Piece, but when something happens to him and his team, you feel sorry for it.

It's Ace's decision to be a pirate, so he deserved every consequences of being pirate which is one of them is getting executed when captured.

Garp's fault lies on him not growing Ace up by his own every fckin day staying beside him, but rather entrusting him to other person (Dadan). Of course his tendency to be a pirate is bigger because Ace is let free by Dadan. He may so hell bent want Ace to be a Marine, but he is just one to talk.

And pirate in OPverse is seen as criminal. SHP and Ace is a typical "kind" pirate who is miniscule in number in comparison with evil pirate's number. So Marine and society would simply generalise all pirates as evil folks, and Ace is one of them.

Had Garp helped Ace, he probably would've been considered as criminal too as he helps a criminal and tries to thwart the execution.

I blame Garp but you have to cut him some slack

I will say that Ace becoming a pirate is technically his fault (why the fuck would you leave the son of the Pirate King with a bunch of bandits and expect him to come out normal knowing they have the same disposition) but everything after Ace set sail is out of his hands

Once Ace was captured thereโ€™s literally nothing he couldโ€™ve done to save Ace directly without ruining many lives. I donโ€™t think people understand how big of a deal Garp is within the Marines

The Marine Hero, The Man that brought Roger (The Pirate King) to justice, a Hero and Protector of the people across the World

Can you imagine how fucked everything would be if Garp The Marine Hero aka the most powerful and famous Marine in the world and maybe of all time ended up betraying the Marines publicly? They would be finished

It would be open season for pirates and no one would trust the Marines

Looking at Garp and Dragon, it certainly seems like the Monkeys are all deadbeats. It probably runs in their blood. They both prioritized their jobs/personal goals over family. Makes me wonder if Luffy would be the same if he had a kid?