Status
Not open for further replies.
Animation, storyboard and art were amazing, especially Naotoshi Shida's vintage transformation scene and Katsumi Ishizuka's soba kick scene.

The Oniwabanshu colorful designs were a treat. Oda said Wano will be the most colorful arc in OP so far and he delivered.

I love the use of Wano's shamisen OST during the second half of the episode. Though it's a bit somber knowing that this song was Oden's favorite.

Seeing the inner otaku of the always serious Law was a hilarious contrast.

Page 1 and Sanji are both absolute beasts. I was extremely impressed by Page 1 tanking Sanji's kicks like that.

In the manga, this was just a teaser of Sanji's new power that he'll use in the war. We only got a few pages with an inconclusive ending and a desire for him to upgrade the suit's look.

Obviously, Oda mentioned that the anime is its own entity, so some of the added combat scenes may or may not be canon depending on whether Oda gave the animation staff pointers. He confirmed that he did during Sabo's flashback and his training with Dragon and Kuma. So those added scenes are cannon in my eyes even though they were anime only.

I understand that sometimes such added scenes drive the dedicated powerscalers crazy, but I found it enjoyable within the context of the anime's own entity. The anime tries adding its own twist on the story, sometimes it leaves much to be desired (See batman vs luffy) and sometimes it works for me like this episode.
It's not the same melody as the begging of the arc, or even as the beginning of the act 2...
It's sound similar, but it's different xD
I had to rewatch every episode of wano just to confirm it xD

Status
Not open for further replies.