Character Discussion Is Yamato a male or female?

Is Yamato a male or female?

• Total voters
So you're saying sex=gender but won't say this to a real person ONLY because you don't want to hurt their feelings?
Uff I'm saying whether you see sex=gender or not doesn't matter as long as you're debating about fiction and it's a waste of time to get worked up over this.

In RL it's a different story. Let's say i believe Sex=gender then i still won't call a woman a She only because she's born that way since I've no right to hurt his feelings if he wants to be seen and referred to as a men.

So yes, it being reality and not fiction makes the important difference.

B

Ballel

Uff I'm saying whether you see sex=gender or not doesn't matter as long as you're debating about fiction and it's a waste of time to get worked over up over this.

In RL it's a different story. Let's say i believe Sex=gender then i still won't call a woman a She only because she's born that way since I've no right to hurt his feelings if he wants to be seen and referred to as a men.

So yes, it being reality and not fiction makes the important difference.
sex=gender is scientifically false but ok
don't wanna turn this into an argument now

“Sex” refers to the physical differences between people who are male, female, or intersex.

"Gender", on the other hand, involves how a person identifies. Unlike natal sex, gender is not made up of binary forms. Instead, gender is a broad spectrum. A person may identify at any point within this spectrum or outside of it entirely.

-https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/232363

Yamato sex is female, unless he goes surgery or DF power converter.

Yamato gender is male, as he identifies himself as Oden.

If the Vivre Card doesn't bother specifying it like it does with Kiku there's good chances the "Yamato identifies as male" thing is baloney. She identifies as Oden, who *happens* to be a man, but it's more relating to who he was as a person rather than his gender, at least that's how I interpret it :kayneshrug:
Honestly I think that being a "male" and "Oden" is her quirk these days, just like how every Strawhat has a quirk.

I don't think Oda takes her identity that seriously, since Vivre card states she is female.

KonyaruIchi

👑𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓲𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷👑
This.
It's just that people these days have to turn everything into a gender debate and can't understand that a woman can be inspired by a man
Honestly I think that being a "male" and "Oden" is her quirk these days, just like how every Strawhat has a quirk.

I don't think Oda takes her identity that seriously, since Vivre card states she is female.
I totally agree. It's also one thing where she never even specified she wants to be identified as a man, it's always "I am Oden", that's just her quirk. Unfortunately, yeah, people want to push gender debates into everything for whatever reason, which is honestly really grating the more this sort of thing goes on. Characters like Kiku *specifically* mention they identify as another gender, and that's perfectly fine, but the Yamato thing for me will always headcanon created by people who see gender before they see character :lusalty:

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Yamato is female, period. See, there is a difference b/w identifying yourself as a specific gender because you feel in a certain way and changing your gender because you wanna pretend like someone else. Yamato simply has an unhealthy level of obsession with Oden, which made her delusional, and it won't be long before she starts realizing she's not Oden. Yamato isn't the same as, say, someone like Kiku.

sex=gender is scientifically false but ok
Can you define a man and a woman scientifically?

I totally agree. It's also one thing where she never even specified she wants to be identified as a man, it's always "I am Oden", that's just her quirk. Unfortunately, yeah, people want to push gender debates into everything for whatever reason, which is honestly really grating the more this sort of thing goes on. Characters like Kiku *specifically* mention they identify as another gender, and that's perfectly fine, but the Yamato thing for me will always headcanon created by people who see gender before they see character :lusalty:
It is indeed annoying to see that Yamato is becoming a tool for woke folks to spread their propaganda these days.
People should just enjoy her character instead of being so gungho about their agendas.