Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gorosei Informer

As a German who grew up with these fairy tales, seeing them in an American/modern media version has always been a bit confusing to me
I'm guess Whole Cake Island was quite jarring for you too then? That's understandable too, I kinda had that effect with Black Panther, being born in Africa and living there for a quarter of my life only though unfortunately.
Post automatically merged:

But is he having fun while becoming pk!??
Hahahaha good point! He certainly I'm sure, but I doubt we will be!

:sanmoji::vistalaugh::rolaugh::willsmith:

G

Gorosei Informer

Not at all, wci is like a parody on Disney.
Ah, I figured it had a sort of Germanic theme to the arc anyway too but I guess its a blend of different European cultures too?

Nami had a German outfit too though right? Oktoberfest and such? I know it can be called a Bavarian Maid outfit too or so?

Oda did definitely go for the Disneyfied and thus censored/sugar coated version of fairy tales for WCI rather than the actual fairy tales and how brutal and dark they were ofc.

Lol I keep typing Fairy Tail.

Meeyori

❀ 𝓂𝑜𝑜𝓃 𝓅𝓇𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒𝓈𝓈 ❀
Maybe it's the same feeling @Meeyori gets when she sees Sun Wukong ripoffs in every manga/anime:wonderland:
It probably is :suresure:

Oh god I watched that Russian Pinocchio movie recently and it was atrocious, the best part was that in the beginning they had a whole monologue about how the Pinocchio that we all know is completely wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.