What the best thing in the chap ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Indigo

Maybe I want OP to be something that its not, idk. But I'm currently reading a Dance with Dragons and I love how there's still so much mystery in regards to how the story will go down.
Luffy kinda parallels(unintentionally, I'm sure) with Dani, as Luffy is the sun god Nika, while Dani is Azor Ahai. However Dani obviously isn't guaranteed the throne, whereas Luffy 100% is.

I wish Oda would do that. I wish there was actually a competition between multiple pirates to get one piece, and it wasn't just handed to Luffy.

Maybe I'm just too old for this shonen crap.
The Chosen One is Japan's favorite trope

I've come to realize that this is basically just a marketing thing and that Oda doesn't actually intend to make it relevant in any way.

Like who wants to bet that in the next arc or so, Kid declares that Luffy will become pirate King? Of fucking course he will.
Oda once had great plans for Kidd judging from his interviews . Unfortunately he got sidetracked while developing great characters like Kawamatsu, Shinobu, Kanjuro, Tama, Yasuie, Fukurokuju, Suke, and Yatappe. If only Wano weren't crowded with such a slew of complex characters we might've had a chance of getting more than a few chapters worth of Kidd panel time. If only...

Status
Not open for further replies.