What the best thing in the chap ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Indigo

The problem for Zoro in Wano really is expectations

if you stop to remember Alabasta and Water 7 / Enies Lobby Zoro did almost the exact same thing, defeated fodders and the second strongest

But there was massive hype and hopes for Zoro to be great at Wano, the land of Swordsmen and Samurai

and in a way, Zoro did, he got a plotline with Yasuie and Hiyori

he got to show himself superior in battle above Hawkins, Apoo and Drake

he got a pretty great showing on the rooftop, unlocking CoC, scaring Kaido and blocking Hakai

and then he got to defeat the second strongest in Kaido's crew (like other arcs i mentioned) and unlocked Adv. CoC too

all pretty good stuff

but the problem is that Luffy outshines Zoro in the Post-TS way too much compared to the same arcs in the Pre-TS

yes Crocodile is stronger than Mr. 1, and yes Lucci is stronger than Kaku

but the difference never felt huge like Kaido and King

and it's not just Luffy, you also put Law, Kid and Yamato doing stuff comparable to Zoro and defeating Big Mom (the actual second strongest in the arc) and it feels like Zoro got shafted in Wano, because the expectations were on him, not on Law and Kid, and much less Yamato a new character that came out in at the halfway point of the arc

there's also the fact that Oda made all those setups for Zoro and it felt like he would have something else in the arc, forget ZKK, but the revenge Yasuie thing, Nidai and the Shimotsuki thing (i still have hopium that something can come out of this)

But yeah, if you take the expectations for Wano being a Zoro arc out, Zoro did pretty good this arc

a lot of good feats

great fights with great animation (I'm sure King's fight is gonna look great)

but it's hard to not expect more from Zoro in this island, and it also makes you not have that much hope for Zoro in the next arcs

because the next arcs have nothing to do with Zoro

The problem for Zoro in Wano really is expectations

if you stop to remember Alabasta and Water 7 / Enies Lobby Zoro did almost the exact same thing, defeated fodders and the second strongest

But there was massive hype and hopes for Zoro to be great at Wano, the land of Swordsmen and Samurai

and in a way, Zoro did, he got a plotline with Yasuie and Hiyori

he got to show himself superior in battle above Hawkins, Apoo and Drake

he got a pretty great showing on the rooftop, unlocking CoC, scaring Kaido and blocking Hakai

and then he got to defeat the second strongest in Kaido's crew (like other arcs i mentioned) and unlocked Adv. CoC too

all pretty good stuff

but the problem is that Luffy outshines Zoro in the Post-TS way too much compared to the same arcs in the Pre-TS

yes Crocodile is stronger than Mr. 1, and yes Lucci is stronger than Kaku

but the difference never felt huge like Kaido and King

and it's not just Luffy, you also put Law, Kid and Yamato doing stuff comparable to Zoro and defeating Big Mom (the actual second strongest in the arc) and it feels like Zoro got shafted in Wano, because the expectations were on him, not on Law and Kid, and much less Yamato a new character that came out in at the halfway point of the arc

there's also the fact that had all those setups that felt like Zoro would have something else in the arc, forget ZKK, but the revenge Yasuie thing, Nidai and the Shimotsuki thing (i still have hopium that something can come out of this)

But yeah, if you take the expectations for Wano being a Zoro arc, Zoro did pretty good this arc

a lot of good feats

great fights with great animation (I'm sure King's fight is gonna look great)

but you it's hard to not expect more from Zoro in this island, and it also makes you not have that much hope for Zoro in the next arcs

because the next arcs have nothing to do with Zoro
To be fair Lucci had almost double the amount of doriki as Kaku

And Crocodile is a warlord def a lot stronger than Daz Bones

I was on the train and when I saw this I had to start furiously masturbating. Everyone else gave me strange looks and were saying things like “what the fuck” and “call the police”. I dropped my phone and everyone around me saw this image. Now there is a whole train of men masturbating together at this one image. This is all your fault

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Kid is strong and all but it's downright dumb to say he's anywhere near Zoro just because he's a part of a team fight where he isn't even the biggest player. Zoro folds Kid worse than anyone else in the Worst Generation. Other than his status as a captain, which is meaningless in determining power levels, there is no single state that matters to a fighter where Kid outclasses Zoro. Zoro is out of Kid's league.

Status
Not open for further replies.