Reading One Piece expecting powerscaling, tension and deaths

is like watching MCU movies expecting carefully written scripts about the Human Condition

You're looking for the wrong thing

:kayneshrug:

I've thought about this a lot back in the break

Why i enjoyed One Piece so much better during Pre-TS and when i started it

And i think it was because my only expectation for it was a goofy fun pirate story

So when Oda got serious in some moments, it hit hard, because he was "playing" the reader, giving us something and then changing it

Because he did that for so many years, now we go into arcs expecting always having the serious moments, the fights, the deaths and the big "I wanna live" moments

But that's not how Oda writes

It's usually 80~90% fun and goofyness, and then he hits you with those 10% of seriousness and tension

Now, we've read Wano with 150 chapters constantly waiting for those big emotional, serious and full of tension moments, because we like those from previous arcs

and when they happened, they just couldn't live up to the hype we built up for ourselves over years of following this shit weekly

:rolaugh:

Btw, i'm not saying it's the readers fault at all

It's on Oda for setting those expectations and not meeting them

But hey, better to find something to enjoy about this series than to keep hating weekly, better to drop in that case

:lulz:

Sanji doesn’t need a fairy tail sword saving hil

Sanji is strong on his own mostly with a few mods that’s all
Enma was literally preventing him from using full power throughout the fight until he went into koh and stop acting like sanji’s dad ain’t have to modify his body to make sanji that strong while zoro and luffy got their strength on their own. Nothing you say changes what oda says

is like watching MCU movies expecting carefully written scripts about the Human Condition

And i think it was because my only expectation for it was a goofy fun pirate story

So when Oda got serious in some moments, it hit hard, because he was "playing" the reader, giving us something and then changing it

Because he did that for so many years, now we go into arcs expecting always having the serious moments, the fights, the deaths and the big "I wanna live" moments

It's usually 80~90% fun and goofyness, and then he hits you with those 10% of seriousness and tension

Now, we've read Wano with 150 chapters constantly waiting for those big emotional, serious and full of tension moments, because we like those from previous arcs

and when they happened, they just could've live up to the hype we built up for ourselves over years of following this shit weekly

But hey, better to find something to enjoy about this series than to keep hating weekly, better to drop in that case

Why is Shuutenmaru and Izo dead?

and when they happened, they just could've live up to the hype we built up for ourselves over years of following this shit weekly

Hating on a series that you follow is so much fun!

Toxicity breeds stability!