There are protests in Brazil with people asking for "help" for the US.
So?

Doesn't mean shit.
You think geopolitics are a nice thing? With brave heroes and innocent victims being saved? Fuck this. It's a game of interests.
China and Taiwan have a situation that goes far beyond "hurr durr X hurts Y".
The reason the US decided to give two fucks about Taiwan, despite officially only maintaining some diplomatic relations with it, is because China is set to surpass the US in economical power by the end of this decade.
Why would they want that?
Creating tension and "making china invade taiwan" is just their way of trying to play "nice guy" later on and trying to force economical blockades against China like they did with Russia.
In the end, all the countries that maintain economical accords with China will get butt fucked.
Considering that China today is Brazil's top economical partner, shit would be disastrous here, on a situation that is ALREADY fucked up, thanks to the current gov.
Now tell me, why would I want that?
China and Taiwan have conflicts, but also have a lot of approximation efforts for a G-R-A-D-U-A-L incorporation over time.
"bu-bu-but protesters get rekt by gov police"
Yes.
Know where else it happens? Everywhere.
The biggest "argument" for Taiwan's independency, is the completely void and abstract concept of "hurr durr freedom".
If that's a big problem for you, how about asking the US to give back its entire southwest region back to Mexico?
Geopolitics are not "wano country ruled by big baddie that needs a good ol' spank in the butt".

After the chaos the nazi eastern empire called "japan" caused not only in China, but also in Korea, I think the region can very well deal with their problems without the "omg let me give you democracy and freedom by nuking you into oblivion" US meddling.
Especially when, in the end, it's all about US trying to maintain their "title" as the world's strongest Economy.
πŸ’―πŸ’―I love how your posts are mostly intelligent and well informed.

are you aware of what is happening in chile? the government is a failure and many demonstrations are taking place and they are being contained, which makes things worse, the president already has a record level of disapproval.

In Argentina, there is a very high inflation that has a strong chance of exceeding 2 digits by the end of the year, Macri's government plan on price control, social distribution of income and taxing large fortunes is collapsing and more than half of Argentines are passing hungry...