Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gorosei Informer

it's all Nickelodeon's fault

They wanted a story about the next Avatar when the creators wanted season 4 of the last airbender.

They had budget problems and their original head writer left the team, the East Asia cultural consultant was also gone.

The creators had to write almost everything by themselves. And while the 2 are good at writing serious/dark stuff, they lack the playfulness, the creativity of Last Airbender's head writer.
Due to no access to a proper cultural consultant, Legend Of Korra turned into a SJW show written purely by white new age esoterics who, in their confusion and lack of understanding, lowkey promoted colonialism and totally went off the bat with all that spirit stuff.
And don't forget the forced relationship and family drama.
Oh, and the recycled characters (Mako/Bolin, Kuvira etc. )
LOL promoting colonialism oh dear! There's a new movie of the OG series coming out right? Maybe like a season 4 for it in essence?

I can't believe the OG 1997 Xmen series is getting a new season although I preferred Evolution too! I used to LOVE the 97 series as my first Xmen and one of my first superhero encounters as a child though. I adored my Xavier toy I got from the African equivalent of McDonalds/Burger King called Steers which had amazing food lol.

it's all Nickelodeon's fault

They wanted a story about the next Avatar when the creators wanted season 4 of the last airbender.

They had budget problems and their original head writer left the team, the East Asia cultural consultant was also gone.

The creators had to write almost everything by themselves. And while the 2 are good at writing serious/dark stuff, they lack the playfulness, the creativity of Last Airbender's head writer.
Due to no access to a proper cultural consultant, Legend Of Korra turned into a SJW show written purely by white new age esoterics who, in their confusion and lack of understanding, lowkey promoted colonialism and totally went off the bat with all that spirit stuff.
And don't forget the forced relationship and family drama.
Oh, and the recycled characters (Mako/Bolin, Kuvira etc. )
The Korra - Mako - Asami relationship was pureeeeee cancer and cringe af

R

rubblerust

It's okay I'm going to assume Guts wins.

The Eclipse Arc of Berserk is one of those rare masterpieces where the work exceeds the author's ability by some fluke. There's nothing else like it that I've ever read.

I think the Chimera Ant arc in HxH is similar relative to its own series and type.

Lmao I can imagine Nickelodeon trying to produce that and screaming. Danny Phantom was meant to be much darker too IIRC.

Can you imagine 4Kids dealing with these kind of storylines too?! LMAO!
the cool thong about old mythologies that, while cruel, they are not meant to be horror stories.

They narrate that stuff like it's the most normal things in the world.
Like guys cutting open their leg, taking an unborn baby outta the dead mother's womb and inserting it into their opened leg, then closing the leg wound and carrrying the baby in their leg until it's ripe enough

G

Gorosei Informer

Yeah and Kubo fucked up Kaido fb right

Ichibe :cheers:
I really love Kubo and his talent with words
Kubo is amazing artist and so poetic too! A real smart, creative and talented bastard! Stunning minimalist panels, tones, character moments, designs , outfits/drip etc...

He made Kidou such an interesting system with the incantations, same with Shikais and other Zanpakutou stuff too.

He was very underrated in some aspects like that.

Kubo also had a really unique vibe/flair to his series. Real elegance at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.