Was Wano one of the worst arcs in One Piece? How do you rate wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
I feel a good chunk of the fanbase cares because grave scenes like in thriller bark or post Marineford have been great so far and Zoro saying good bye to Shusui would be pretty dope
We had a grave scene.
Remember them talking about Ashura and Izou on that temple or whatever?
That's the best you get.
:suresure:

The Walking Muscle, Plot-armor and Boobs Trio
I think the following characters were completely mismanaged:
  1. Hiyori: Served no purpose. Not even as fan service.
  2. Denjiro, Kawamatsu, Ashura Douji: having all 3 were overkill. Oda should had just kept Ashura to illustrate Wano's suffering. Keep one of Denjiro/Kawamatsu if Hiyori is to be kept.
  3. Yamato: If Oda intended Yamato/Luffy to take down Kaido together, I would've supported it, but the way it ended, he/she did not need to be in the story. I think a better story would've been that Yamato was Oden's daughter and Kaido adopted her and tried to make her his prodigy.
  4. Orochi's ninja squad (forgot their name) - I could have accepted it if Nami/Robin defeated them in the castle.
  5. Drake - didn’t do anything. Waste of potential by including him in Wano.
  6. Toko/Tama - Only one of them should have been included. Both was overkill.
  7. Ushimaru: Didn’t need to be there at all.
  8. The Yakuza bosses: No. Even the old man Hyogoro is unnecessary.
  9. Numbers: Honestly not bothered by them either way. But unnecessary inclusions nonetheless.
  10. Bepo/Penguin/Sachi - Oda should have left them somewhere else like he did in Dressrosa. Would've been more palatable to know that they weren’t here to begin with.
Inclusions that I liked:
  1. Yasu: I think he got the point across with Yasu.
  2. Toko: Having a kid in the story is not bad at all. But making that kid all powerful was stupid. So, even though Tama's storyline was fine, her entrance into the war was bad. Toko on the other hand, got the point across.
  3. Orochi's Grandparents: Got the point across with them.
Obviously it is easy to say now what worked and what didn’t and Oda definitely didn’t have that option. But I hope Oda looks back at the Wano chapters and finds what he modifications would've worked better.

Regarding Carrot, the question is, is Big Mom down permanently? If she comes back, so will Perospero. And then it makes sense to have Carrot's story continue.

Tbh it’s actually possible, the family name on the graves of Tama’s parents looks like Kurozumi, I was a supporter of this theory
but it’s kinda fucked up after this chapter, hope it’s not true
Its too late for it. Strawhats are already leaving butSukiyaki raising a Kurozumi after Orochi enslaves him would be a cool story.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
Luffy was training before, learning new techniques and haki. After TS he gets PU‘s by getting his ass whopped.
So?
Luffy is a blank slate that oda can do whatever he wants with.
Naruto was lecturing neji on hard work because neji said hokages are born.
And neji was right hokages are born.
Naruto was born a god reincarnated and he became hokage even in that fight he won using 9 tails chakra something he did not achieve with hard work.

So the SHs are a loser crew... Only 2 CoC users now... Roger had 3 and Shanks... Rox had 4 plus himself most likely
This is the same fanbase that has agendas like strongest means most skilled. :suresure:
Oda never said that the Strawhats will be the strongest crew ever, Luffy wants to have a better crew than Shanks, best navigator, best musician, best cook, best doctor, maybe not best doctor since Chopper didn't fix the smile users, that's pretty much it. :myman:

Status
Not open for further replies.