Was Wano one of the worst arcs in One Piece? How do you rate wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I think the following characters were completely mismanaged:
  1. Hiyori: Served no purpose. Not even as fan service.
  2. Denjiro, Kawamatsu, Ashura Douji: having all 3 were overkill. Oda should had just kept Ashura to illustrate Wano's suffering. Keep one of Denjiro/Kawamatsu if Hiyori is to be kept.
  3. Yamato: If Oda intended Yamato/Luffy to take down Kaido together, I would've supported it, but the way it ended, he/she did not need to be in the story. I think a better story would've been that Yamato was Oden's daughter and Kaido adopted her and tried to make her his prodigy.
  4. Orochi's ninja squad (forgot their name) - I could have accepted it if Nami/Robin defeated them in the castle.
  5. Drake - didn’t do anything. Waste of potential by including him in Wano.
  6. Toko/Tama - Only one of them should have been included. Both was overkill.
  7. Ushimaru: Didn’t need to be there at all.
  8. The Yakuza bosses: No. Even the old man Hyogoro is unnecessary.
  9. Numbers: Honestly not bothered by them either way. But unnecessary inclusions nonetheless.
  10. Bepo/Penguin/Sachi - Oda should have left them somewhere else like he did in Dressrosa. Would've been more palatable to know that they weren’t here to begin with.
Inclusions that I liked:
  1. Yasu: I think he got the point across with Yasu.
  2. Toko: Having a kid in the story is not bad at all. But making that kid all powerful was stupid. So, even though Tama's storyline was fine, her entrance into the war was bad. Toko on the other hand, got the point across.
  3. Orochi's Grandparents: Got the point across with them.
Obviously it is easy to say now what worked and what didn’t and Oda definitely didn’t have that option. But I hope Oda looks back at the Wano chapters and finds what he modifications would've worked better.

Regarding Carrot, the question is, is Big Mom down permanently? If she comes back, so will Perospero. And then it makes sense to have Carrot's story continue.
So every character introduced in Wano was poorly written…honestly, this tracks :josad:

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
So basically every major candidate in Wano (Yamato, Momo, Kin’emon, Tama) except for Carrot is considered am honorary SH one way or another.

Even fucking Kin’emon is considered a SH before Carrot is.
:suresure:

Though knowing Loda, this will probably bite me in the ass in Chp 1058. :josad:
Yea that is a pretty big scratch to consider

Either Oda is setting up a stowaway reveal in 1058
Or he really left Carrot's story with an uncertain reaction to her future. With no good byes to the Straw Hats and no guarantee on the crew like Yamato, Momo, Kin, and even Tama.

It's either a glorious win or the final nail in the coffin of neglect.
:jay-he::jay-he::jay-he:

D

Deleted member 83

:gokulaugh:
Final War hyped up Team 7 only for Sakura to get fodderised instantly
Kishimoto sucks with writing female characters period, anime ver of the fights left a stronger impression on me so I was so surprised rereading Naruto currently, like the Hinata part in Pain arc, girl used her blue punches and was immediately down the NEXT PANEL, like wtf
Isn’t this supposedly her time to shine? Like in the anime she goes back and forth a bit and was still a fodder but it was way more emotional and well conveyed

Anyone find it strange how Luffy had a giant fucking fleet that pledged allegiance to him and never considered trying to contact them to help against kaido?

Deadass, Tama was a pointless character. Oda could have just brought back the grand fleet, the fodder Oda wasted like 50 chapters in dressrosa developing, in order to fix the whole numbers disadvantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.