Status
Not open for further replies.
It really depends of what Sword's overall goal is. Obviously, with Drake's actions in Onigashima, it's clear some Sword operatives are willing to make alliances with pirates.

One of Luffy's key factors in making Boa like him was not being affected by her Fruit. If Boa tries to seduce Koby with her Fruit, but fails to do so, it could lead to them talking about Luffy.

Boa: "Damn... to think some scrawny, low-ranking Marine is actually surviving against me... So be it. I'll use your own heart against you, then! MERO MERO BEAM!"
Koby: "Oh, no! I've heard about this! Ack!" (closes eyes and holds hands out, then blinks when nothing happens.
Boa: "...GASP! How can such a young man resist me? Are you actually pure of heart, just like my darling, Luffy?"
Koby: "Wait, darling? You know Luffy, too?"

And so a great friendship began.
You do know mero mero beam is just a single ability of Boa right? And I would even say it's a relatively low crowd control one at that. Like, she can petrify with her physical attacks. And she almost definitely has adv Coa and adv Coo. Adv coc is also a possibility, but a minor one.

And the Marines know this damn well. Sengoku even said "That women is strong".

So, the Marines, knowing all this, and knowing she has a whole country of haki proficient warriors backing her up, sends coby as the main force against her? What's the logic in that?

I think they could have send Gion (momousagi) the vice admiral that was considered for admiral position. If not her, then there are a whole lot of other vice admirals that are better than coby right now.

You do know mero mero beam is just a single ability of Boa right? And I would even say it's a relatively low crowd control one at that. Like, she can petrify with her physical attacks. And she almost definitely has adv Coa and adv Coo. Adv coc is also a possibility, but a minor one.

And the Marines know this damn well. Sengoku even said "That women is strong".

So, the Marines, knowing all this, and knowing she has a whole country of haki proficient warriors backing her up, sends coby as the main force against her? What's the logic in that?

I think they could have send Gion (momousagi) the vice admiral that was considered for admiral position. If not her, then there are a whole lot of other vice admirals that are better than coby right now.
Again luffy by himself pretimeskip was clapping these women. They aren't anything special

Status
Not open for further replies.