Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no tipping in europe amerilard
There is, it's just not quasi-mandatory since service industry workers in Europe are earning the kind of highly exploitative minimum wages, which of course don't allow you to sustain yourself and enjoy a decent lifestyle. And obviously, you will not always get paid said minimum wage, and your boss will not always pay you the full amount :)
My mother makes minimum wage in the service industry here (not a waitress) but I've seen exploitation here first hand, yes it's better here than in the U.S. with their tipped minimum wage of like 2 or 3 dollars, but still, exploitation is rampant here too.

There is, it's just not quasi-mandatory since service industry workers in Europe are earning the kind of highly exploitative minimum wages, which of course don't allow you to sustain yourself and enjoy a decent lifestyle. And obviously, you will not always get paid said minimum wage, and your boss will not always pay you the full amount :)
My mother makes minimum wage in the service industry here (not a waitress) but I've seen exploitation here first hand, yes it's better here than in the U.S. with their tipped minimum wage of like 2 or 3 dollars, but still, exploitation is rampant here too.
I‘m a bartender. We are one of the few places which allow employees to keep all their tips. And even if they didn‘t allow us to, I‘d still keep all the tips I get for myself lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.