Status
Not open for further replies.

CoC: Color of Clowns

Rob Lucci for Nakama. Vivi x Lucci Forever
Not having anyone on ignore means you can handle this combination

Intolerable personality + opinions you disagree

Long way to go dudes
:kata:
I only ignore people if they can't handle posting without insulting people all the time.

Except for Carrota Guca, because their ridiculous levels of Yamato hating make me laugh.

Post dumb, trash takes, I don't care, just don't be a dick about it.
:funky:

I am going to preface this story by saying I am a woman (for those of you who don’t know that).

I am a special education teacher and work with 13 and 14 year olds. However, today a little 11 year old boy who is also on the autism spectrum stops me in the hallway and tells me he’s going to create a petition. He also asked if I would sign it. He told me that he thinks the school should put stalls around the urinals. Child, I am not the person you should ask about this. I don’t have an opinion about that.

Also all I could think was does this child pull a Butters when he uses the urinals in the boy’s room? How do I end up in a conversation like that? Is this an issue that plagues guys?
Is this okay for girls?

I am going to preface this story by saying I am a woman (for those of you who don’t know that).

I am a special education teacher and work with 13 and 14 year olds. However, today a little 11 year old boy who is also on the autism spectrum stops me in the hallway and tells me he’s going to create a petition. He also asked if I would sign it. He told me that he thinks the school should put stalls around the urinals. Child, I am not the person you should ask about this. I don’t have an opinion about that.

Also all I could think was does this child pull a Butters when he uses the urinals in the boy’s room? How do I end up in a conversation like that? Is this an issue that plagues guys?
Special education, is this like borderline retarded or slow unfocused learner? What is it like in your day to day? How do you teach children with autism?

Is this okay for girls?
I am too old to try and get up off of the floor. :(
Post automatically merged:

Special education, is this like borderline retarded or slow unfocused learner? What is it like in your day to day? How do you teach children with autism?
I have had various students. Last year I worked with students with severe needs. One student I was with has Down Syndrome. I am talking a 14 year old with the cognitive ability of a 7 or 8 year old. He is a personable kid, but his school day mainly focused on daily living skills such as time management, organizational skills, basic reading, and math skills. Your day is filled with a lot of repetition because their brains tend to have slower processing.

I also have worked with a girl with fetal alcohol syndrome. That’s tough because she had no emotional regulation. Also kids made fun of her because her face looked noticeably different.

Parents are another issue. For example, the boy with Down Syndrome has a strong family unit. Mom and dad are doing everything they can to help him improve cognitively. When he did a three year cognitive and psych revaluation there was no progress. It took his mom a long time to come to terms with that. I could empathize because women tend to be judged based on the accomplishments of their children. It’s tough knowing that kids are starting to outpace your child and he will never catch up.

Now I am working with moderate disabilities. That’s more of the slower or unfocused learner. It’s a new group so I am still developing relationships with them. They can do grade level work but most of them need a lot of help in reading and writing.

I know this was long winded but that’s the gist of it.

Last edited:
I am too old to try and get up off of the floor. :(
Post automatically merged:

I have had various students. Last year I worked with students with severe needs. One student I was with has Down Syndrome. I am talking a 14 year old with the cognitive ability of a 7 or 8 year old. He is a personable kid, but his school day mainly focused on daily living skills such as time management, organizational skills, basic reading, and math skills. Your day is filled with a lot of repetition because their brains tend to have slower processing.

I also have worked with a girl with fetal alcohol syndrome. That’s tough because she had no emotional regulation. Also kids made fun of her because her face looked noticeably different.

Parents are another issue. For example, the boy with Down Syndrome has a strong family unit. Mom and dad are doing everything they can to help him improve cognitively. When he did a three year cognitive and psych revaluation there was no progress. It took his mom a long time to come to terms with that. I could empathize because women tend to be judged based on the accomplishments of their children. It’s tough knowing that kids are starting to outpace your child and he will never catch up.

Now I am working with moderate disabilities. That’s more of the slower or unfocused learner. It’s a new group so I am still developing relationships with them. They can do grade level work but most of them need a lot of help in reading and writing.

I know this was long winded but that’s the gist of it.
fetal alcohol syndrome is a new one. I guess now I see why it is ill advised to drink while pregnant. I'm wondering how many adultshave this without really noticing. I take it the moderate disabilities children are solid in math. If so, is that usually the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.