Speculations The Sunny has a life of its own and will be the new nakama.

There must be a tenth nakama, either by luffy's opinion or by the ten titanic captains

Now, already so far into the story, it is not easy to add a new character to the crew, so most consider the band closed, the point is to find someone who meets the following:

Must not be a newly introduced character

It must be known by the crew, or at least by Luffy in advance.

He must know his captain's final dream (Bye Smoker/Carrot ;( )

Its existence must represent some utility to the band or the plot

It must have a special design/origin (that is, we have a cyborg, a reindeer, a skeleton, a fish, genetic modifications, etc.)

We are in a Shonen, he must know how to defend himself at the point of the plot in which we find ourselves (Bye Vivi)

It must not be someone obvious (we all know Oda)

He must have a good heart or at least good intentions (Bye Caribou)

For the aforementioned points is why I rule out Vivi, carrot, caribou, smoker, etc.

In my opinion, there are only two real contenders that, although impossible as they may seem, are viable options: Yamato and the Sunny's klabautermann.

I explain
We all know that Yamato was introduced with a shoehorn by Oda, it is obvious that she plans something in the future with her, she has the strength, she knows Luffy's dream, she is strong (perhaps too much), and has a unique origin (oni daughter of a yonkou) , the rest can be written in the future. Now they can say that Yamato stayed in Wano and it is true, although we all know that the crew must return to Wano (momonosuke, open the borders, Pluto,...) so they would give the others a chance to catch up with Yamato ( i.e. Jimbe 2.0)

And the craziest option that I believe in the most... the Sunny's klabautermann.
It is something that comes hand in hand with what we know of the spirit of the Merry (and nothing so far of the Sunny), but I think there are several indications to think so.

1) They took a photo of the Sunny, mistaking it for Frankie. Maybe whoever takes the photos detected that the Sunny has a soul or something like that and thought it was a transformation of Frankie, but it was just another crew member.
2) Oda is trolling with the tenth crew member. And when seeing Luffy's dream, the Sunny also "reacts", as if it were another nakama. The latter, to be exact.
3) The new plot of Vegapunk could reveal this a bit.

4)There is the fact that one of the titanic captains is literally nicknamed "Sanjuan Wolf, Colossal Warship". He must have a counterpart in Luffy's gang, what better confrontation than ship vs ship

5) Sunny had heard Luffy's dream, what's more, he had his own reaction panel..

I would think that the time to introduce him as a materialized character is now, with veganpunk and his knowledge of devil fruits and souls in the world of One Piece, plus if the next arc is Elbaf, then it could be an arc focused on him Sunny and in Adam's wood.

If anyone can add panels that validate my arguments I would appreciate it, I'm sure those panels exist but I'm too lazy to look for them in the manga, I mean, I'm almost sure there are times when sunny has had strange, atypical reactions of an inanimate object.
Post automatically merged:

#SUNNY4NAKAMA :finally:

Last edited:
Vivi is not a 'bye'. She had been a nakama. Her nakama number was 0013, on 2018 vivre card iirc. The missing are 0011 & 0012.

The opinion of the tenth nakama is agreeable if Sunny replaced Merry. E.g 0012a was Merry, but 0012b is Sunny.

Sunny may be get On-panel of having conversation in agreement for nakama. I'm afraid to disagree on this.

Vivi is not a 'bye'. She had been a nakama. Her nakama number was 0013, on 2018 vivre card iirc. The missing are 0011 & 0012.

The opinion of the tenth nakama is agreeable if Sunny replaced Merry. E.g 0012a was Merry, but 0012b is Sunny.

Sunny may be get On-panel of having conversation in agreement for nakama. I'm afraid to disagree on this.
The Going Merry and the Thousand Sunny occupy slots 0011 and 0012 on the Vivre Cards, meaning that other than Jimbe (0010) and Vivi (0013, ex-Straw Hat), there are no other slots available in the crew.

That is to say, if we assume the Vivre Cards as canon material, this data only increases the chances that the Thousand Sunny theory is correct, because if the order of the Vivre Cards represents the crew, then the only places available They are occupied by both the Merry and the Sunny, and if we assume they share the same soul then it would count as the last position before Vivi's honorary nakama position.
Post automatically merged:

The Going Merry and the Thousand Sunny occupy slots 0011 and 0012 on the Vivre Cards, meaning that other than Jimbe (0010) and Vivi (0013, ex-Straw Hat), there are no other slots available in the crew.

That is to say, if we assume the Vivre Cards as canon material, this data only increases the chances that the Thousand Sunny theory is correct, because if the order of the Vivre Cards represents the crew, then the only places available They are occupied by both the Merry and the Sunny, and if we assume they share the same soul then it would count as the last position before Vivi's honorary nakama position.